Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Even though at first I think Clownhunter is a redundant character (another kid wanting batman to take permanent solution), his backstory is actually interesting and his personality outside clownhunter mask is great to be explored, imo
    Which other kid character was that?

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Which other kid character was that?
    Clownhunter's action first appeared on Joker War issue, and that issue came not long after Teen Titans annual 2 and I think 3 Joker still on going. Teen Titans annual 2 is about Damian accused Batman as failure and wanting to take more permanent solution, and 3 Joker is about Jason wanted to kill Joker but Babs and Batman prevented him, with his dialogue about Batman should kill Joker (or at least that what's happened on earlier issues that I've read, I dropped the book after seeing JasonxBabs hint because that pairing is my NOTP). So when I see Clownhunter's dialogue about Batman should take permanent solution, I groaned and thought "ffs seriously? Another? Not even a month after Damian and Jason having dialogue about the exact same thing?"

But now, Damian is kiiiiinnnndddaaaaa on calmer place now and 3 Joker ended and is not canon anyway so if on later issues Tynion want to make stories about Batman guide Bao toward "no killing" method, it's okay, I guess? I just think that his introduction and another "Batman can't kill so I will kill" plot came on wrong time so that makes Clownhunter seems redundant. But after reading him vs Harley and Batman annual, now I think he's quite interesting character and has many potential.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 01-05-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Well Out of the Two, I would say Clownhunter had the most interest. He lost his parents bc of the Joker and Harley, so it would be nice to see how that psychologically corrupts him or empowers him. Similar how Bruce Lost his parents and he became Batman. But the added twist is that the protector of Gotham Allows one of his parent's killers to roam the streets a free person. It would be interesting to see how that ties into his opinion of Batman and his bat-family.

But alas I don't think that's the route they're going to go with him. He might be another character to fade into the background.

Ghostmaker.......ehhhh. Another rival for Batman who can never really beat him. Been there, done that. It would be nice if Batman was proven to be wrong and GHostmaker was proven to be right. NOw that would make me want to see more of him. But alas.....again, not the route they went.

Ghost Maker is soooooo booooriinnnggg. Clownhunter has a cool design. The rest isn't amazing, but it's cool

Definitely Ghost Maker. He interested me the least initially but i think theres so much potential with Batman's BFF. I was pretty meh on Bao till his origin issue but I'm on board now but still prefer to see more of Ghost Maker if I had to choose.

BANNED

It can be argued that Batman is a bad hero with his no kill code. It has made him less a protector of innocents but rather protector of mass murderers. In other universes like Star Wars, a Jedi ending a life of a Sith is not bad and that Jedi is a hero in the end. Good strikes down evil. But in Batman, killing mass murderers is like a red line or something.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 01-08-2021 at 03:08 AM.

Incredible Member

Ghostmaker.
    Simply because it may give an opportunity to showcase what happens to crime in Gotham using his methods.
    That said, he did say he would honor the no-kill rule so don't know just how different the impact would be. May just boil down to different execution.
    Also the interaction between Batman and someone who is on par/ exceeds him in certain aspects should be interesting.
    But please, his costume needs to change. And not just the Hammer-pants...

No to Clownhunter.
    Bao should be "rehabilitated" and have a happy ending.
    Maybe work with Leslie.
    Not only does it prevent the "Bat-Family" from getting even more oversaturated, it would show that such stories don't "always" end with someone putting on a costume to fight crime.

Extraordinary Member

Ghostmaker feels pointless to me.

I like Bao, but the killing Joker-Goons thing can only continue that long, I think his story has to come to an end at some point. And we have allready enough Batfamily members that have suffered from the Joker.

Wouldn’t mind seeing more of Clownhunter if he had a good writer.

Definitely don’t want to see any more of Ghostmaker. We’ve seen this type of character so many freaking times. A person from Bruce’s past. They trained together and ended up fighting crime with very different methods. Plus I’m really not digging the parachute pants.

Astonishing Member

I don't want to see either of them

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

That's a real 'hard pass' from me.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    That's a real 'hard pass' from me.
    This. I'm so tired of Bruce's litany of long lost friends/rivals and yet another child crimefighter in Gotham.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    This. I'm so tired of Bruce's litany of long lost friends/rivals and yet another child crimefighter in Gotham.
    Realistically, Jason would have been the tip of the iceberg. There should be a mountain of dead children in Batman's wake.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Realistically, Jason would have been the tip of the iceberg. There should be a mountain of dead children in Batman's wake.
    Because they'd all try and be like Robin? I guess we got that in the We Are Robin movement.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Because they'd all try and be like Robin? I guess we got that in the We Are Robin movement.
    They don't even have to try and be like Robin; just the fact that nothing I've ever seen or read implies Gotham is a safe place for *any* child! lol
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES