Incredible Member

Default The Multiverse, past and present

You'll have to forgive me for being so unknwledgable, but I've read almost nothing since Flashpoint. So I want to go through what I do know, and fill in any gaps, for me and anyone else who may be confused.

So...IN THE BEGINNING....there was the initial Multiverse, which consisted of Earth-One (modern Silver Age heroes), Earth-Two (Golden Age heroes), Earth-Three (Silver Age heroes as villains), Earth-Four (Charlton Comics characters), and Earth-S (Fawcett Comics characters). Were there many others depcited?

With the advent of Infinite Crisis and 52, a new multiverse was revealed, with the main comics taking place on New Earth. The only other Earth I'm aware of was a new Earth-Two, which was a lot like the old Earth-Two (from the pages of Justice Society of America).

Now, like I said, I haven't really read the New 52. But from what I understand, New Earth was merged with the Earths containing the Vertigo and Wildstorm universes? And this became known as Prime Earth?

My main question is, did this effect any of the other Earths in the Multiverse, or did they remain largely the same? Again, besides Earth-Two, I'm not even sure what those would be!

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    You'll have to forgive me for being so unknwledgable, but I've read almost nothing since Flashpoint. So I want to go through what I do know, and fill in any gaps, for me and anyone else who may be confused.

So...IN THE BEGINNING....there was the initial Multiverse, which consisted of Earth-One (modern Silver Age heroes), Earth-Two (Golden Age heroes), Earth-Three (Silver Age heroes as villains), Earth-Four (Charlton Comics characters), and Earth-S (Fawcett Comics characters). Were there many others depcited?

With the advent of Infinite Crisis and 52, a new multiverse was revealed, with the main comics taking place on New Earth. The only other Earth I'm aware of was a new Earth-Two, which was a lot like the old Earth-Two (from the pages of Justice Society of America).

Now, like I said, I haven't really read the New 52. But from what I understand, New Earth was merged with the Earths containing the Vertigo and Wildstorm universes? And this became known as Prime Earth?

My main question is, did this effect any of the other Earths in the Multiverse, or did they remain largely the same? Again, besides Earth-Two, I'm not even sure what those would be!
    the entire Multiverse was affected, not just the main earth. Earth 2 post-Flashpoint is different and we see a few other characters and Earths get changed/updated too.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Okay, this is going to be confusing. After Flashpoint, there were only 52 Earths. Earth 2 was a modern Earth with modern versions of GA heroes. So you have an Alan Scott in his 30s. Along with Jay Garrick. Wesley Dodds, etc. It's a long story but basically Darkseid attacked E-2 five years earlier and killed Superman, Batman, and WW. The JSA was formed. E-3 was basically the same as the pre-Crisis version. Villains who were heroes. Earth 4 was sort of a Watchmen version of the Charlton Earth. Earth 5 was the Shazam! Earth. The rest were mostly taken from various Elseworlds stories. E-22: Kingdom Come Earth. E-11: Reverse gender Earth. E-21: New Frontiers Earth. E-38: Generations Earth. etc.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

This is the map of New 52 Multiverse defined by Grant Morrison in Multiversity.
    You can click on each earth for more info.
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...the-multiverse

Then in Rebirth, Scott Snyder added Dark Multiverse. If The Map is printed on paper, on the other side is the Dark Multiverse.

In the lore, the Dark Multiverse is basically the trash can of failed earths when they're created, where they're supposed to be eaten by the great dragon, except he rebelled and refuse to eat them, so those trash earths grew into messed up worlds and its own Multiverse.

Incredible Member

Oh, I forgot about Rebirth. So basically there are 4 multiverses: Pre-Crisis, Post-52, New 52, and Rebirth? Or is the Rebith one basically the same besides the Dark Multiverse?

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    Oh, I forgot about Rebirth. So basically there are 4 multiverses: Pre-Crisis, Post-52, New 52, and Rebirth? Or is the Rebith one basically the same besides the Dark Multiverse?
    Rebirth and New 52 are the same earth. people get confused because rebirth brought back some pre-Flashpoint characters but they are the same uninterrupted multiverse.

pre-crisis Multiverse > post-crisis New Earth (no multiverse) > post Infinite Crisis New Earth (new multiverse) > post-Flashpoint new multiverse and the discovery of the dark multiverse.

so there have only been 3 iterations of the Multiverse
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-04-2021 at 08:43 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."