Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Eff yeah indeed! Also, Bob Quinn posted a couple of images from the one-shot to his Twitter...

https://twitter.com/RobotJQ/status/1393225554975887363

Yes, that’s Graymalkin in the background, Nathan’s orbiting space station base. Which means he has that back, and from the data page in the last issue of Cable I’m assuming this means he also has Belle, his AI system, back as well.

https://twitter.com/RobotJQ/status/1393268428891295749

Oh, and Rocket Raccoon will be there too.

Ewing did say in that recent interview that they have big plans for Cable in the space books (plural), which I took to mean in SWORD and Guardians of the Galaxy in this Last Annihilation crossover. But could also mean something else, such as the rumored plans for Storm which include space travel and possibly terraforming and colonizing new worlds (like Mars). That could be the mystery Hickman book in September. Another X-men team focused on space stuff.

I’m just pumped there are plans for adult Cable — and that he’s finally officially back — and also that at least one awesome writer (Ewing) will have control of him. Potentially two if Hickman does indeed do a space focused book featuring Storm, Cable and some others.

Incredible Member

Hickman should have plans for Cable - he's one of those characters that has a history with Moira you just can't forget. Plus, Cable's series has established that his future still exists and it's a future beyond anything Moira has seen and one where mutants won the war - Cable's future, the one he intends to avert, may be what Moira wants to happen.

Hopefully this will finally bring me back to comics.

As long as its not Wifi grown up like whats being implied in current issues of his book.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Hopefully this will finally bring me back to comics.

As long as its not Wifi grown up like whats being implied in current issues of his book.
    You see, that's what prevents me from having a "drink the kool-aid" moment. I desperately want OG Adult Cable back, but not like that.
    The one being brought back must be the original (OG) version before being killed-off by the kid version...

I’m thinking it’s a resurrected version of the original, with both his memories and Kid Cable’s more recent memories too. That would in effect make him the OG, but with Kid Cable’s memories added as well.

Dang, I wonder what impact that will have on Esme. Like will she still want to resume her relationship with the guy bc she was falling for him hard

She can always die and have Tempus age up her replacement body to a suitable age if she wants to date the adult version. This whole Krakoan setup opens up lots of possibilities on that front. Then again, mentally she’s still young. So probably a bit creepy as I think about it a bit more.

Having said that, I’m not sure the X-office will follow up on this relationship much, and instead we’ll probably just get a panel with her saying, “Ew, he’s old now!” for the LOLs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m thinking it’s a resurrected version of the original, with both his memories and Kid Cable’s more recent memories too. That would in effect make him the OG, but with Kid Cable’s memories added as well.
    Sounds reasonable, I guess.

If everything turns out the way you've described, then I'm willing to give it a chance.

Thanks for the reassurance, Jackraow21.

Kael Ngu's connecting trading card variants for Cable #11 and Wolverine #13 for Big Time Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Kael Ngu's connecting trading card variants for Cable #11 and Wolverine #13 for Big Time Collectibles
    Whoa. Those are awesome! My two favorite characters side by side. And I like Laura too. The

Okay... so I finally went back and re-read X of Swords and looked into something I’d heard mentioned on here before re: Kid Cable perhaps not actually being Cable, but rather a younger Stryfe or one of the Stryfe clones we’ve seen in his solo book. Sure enough, when he and Magik are testing Isca the Unbeaten’s powers at the big formal dinner in Otherworld, they are stacking wine glasses and his come crashing down. We see a shard of glass sticking out of his thumb on his left hand and the glove is ripped so you can see his skin exposed, and it is indeed flesh and blood.

This is either a huge mistake by the artist and miss by the editors or it is a seed that has been planted for the future. Since Apocalypse looks at him and he utters “$#!t” afterwards, that can be interpreted two ways: First, the way I initially interpreted the scene when I first read it (prior to realizing it was his left hand), was that he was cursing simply because he looked like a wimp in front of his immortal archenemy — especially considering what came afterwards, with him crying after losing to Bei (albeit losing because he held back and didn't finish her when he had the chance); however, upon closer examination he could’ve been cursing because Apocalypse now knows his secret, that he’s not in fact the genuine article.

So now I’m really intrigued to see how Cable issues #11 and 12 wrap up and bring the adult version back, and to find out what the deal is with Kid Cable... perhaps the original already went back to the future, and this is indeed a Stryfe clone as some have speculated. Could that mean both versions do indeed end up sticking around? Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

gahd damn that looks awesome

I wish Hellions connected to this to have Kwannonlocke and Greycrow in this spread

But also X-Force so that Sage and Domino and Forge were in it.

That’d be a pretty sick X-Force squad honestly. Maybe sans Greycrow. Don’t care much about him honestly. Seems like a poor man’s Forge to me. But the rest... hell yes.

- Cable (OG adult Nathan)
    - Wolverine (Logan)
    - Wolverine (Laura)
    - Psylocke (Kwannon)
    - Domino
    - Forge
    - Sage

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That’d be a pretty sick X-Force squad honestly. Maybe sans Greycrow. Don’t care much about him honestly. Seems like a poor man’s Forge to me. But the rest... hell yes.

- Cable (OG adult Nathan)
    - Wolverine (Logan)
    - Wolverine (Laura)
    - Psylocke (Kwannon)
    - Domino
    - Forge
    - Sage
    Shut up and take my money.