Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ah. Yes. I’m looking at it now. The metal banding is his suit and it’s on both arms, but you’re right in that it does extend up his neck like it does on Cable. Never noticed that before, but I think it’s just an artistic mistake honestly. Stryfe’s virus was contained at a much earlier point, so while he does have it and it is also part of his DNA, he hasn’t had big portions of his anatomy (namely most of his left side) consumed by it like Cable has. It’s why he’s so much stronger. Because the virus is basically dormant in him. Not sure if it was Apocalypse who stopped it when he took him as an infant or what, but that seems logical since his plan was to eventually take the body as his next host body… until he realized it wasn’t the real Nathan, rather it was a clone, and he rejected it (see The Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix for details on that chapter).

Honestly, as much of a Cable fan as I am I’ve never loved Stryfe. Always thought he was a goofy villain with mommy and daddy issues, and he just seemed too damn old for that IMO. I’ve really wanted to see Nathan’s rogues gallery beefed up over the years so they wouldn’t have to keep going back to the well on Stryfe as his one major arch nemesis. That’s why I’m kind of hoping there’s some big twist coming up in Cable #12 where it’s revealed that somewhere along the way the real Kid Cable already went back to the future, and the version we’re following is the Stryfe clone that Belle alluded to having been “inserted into mutant society.” So in the Summers War they kill the older Stryfe, and then we’re left with both a younger version who has a second chance to grow up with his parents (thereby negating his mommy/daddy issues) and the real deal OG Cable too. Win-win.
    I absolutely second this. Even Stryfe deserves a second chance (when people can still stand him).

Here we go…

Stab his eyes! Stryfe is back for Cable #12 finale

https://www.gamesradar.com/stab-his-...ble-12-finale/

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Incredible Member

The way Stryfe is talking makes me feel like this is teen Stryfe again. Adult Stryfe had daddy issues, but he talked like a grandfather.

That time Cable used logic to defeat Nimrod…

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-nimrod-sen...utant-defeats/

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That time Cable used logic to defeat Nimrod…

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-nimrod-sen...utant-defeats/
    I read this issue not too long ago.

Adult cable fans are going to love Cable 12. So will Cable/Esme shippers as we see a fully grown Esme at one point.

This was hands down my fave page, it was just so random and absurd but worked. lol

spoilers:
    cablefav.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Man, without spoiling, that ending threw me for a loop… in the best possible way. Loved it.

Astonishing Member

I didn't think Duggan would pull it off but he actually managed to neatly tie up all of the loose ends lol bravo!

Made the mistake of reading Duggan's Deadpool before this issue and he did this sort of thing so much better back then, even though Deadpool was ostensibly a comedy character. I did really like the page of Cable and Stryfe fighting each other at different stages in their lives though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I did really like the page of Cable and Stryfe fighting each other at different stages in their lives though.
    Yeah, that was cool. Would definitely like to see more follow up on their “forever war” through time, as well as Apocalypse’s role and his true intent in starting it. Was it indeed to hone the Summers family, and especially Cable, as was surmised in this series? And, if so, for what purpose? Was it to prepare them for the eventual war with Amenth and the demonic hordes of Annihilation, as per X of Swords? Seems likely.

At any rate, Duggan left lots of stuff to explore here. Personally, though, I’d like to see it on the back burner for awhile while Cable does some new stuff out in space. Fighting in the Annihilation War, appearing in SWORD and supporting Storm as the Regent of Sol, and hopefully beefing up his rogues gallery in the process. No need to come back to Stryfe for a good long time. The character needs a break IMO, and Cable is the one who needs better enemies (not Stryfe, as he said in this issue).

I'm so sad Wi-fi is gone. He was really fun. I hope writers keep some of his personality traits in the old man. For the first time, I'll keep an eye on Cable.

Cable was actually shown to be fun at times in the past. I remember X-Force #50, for example, when he rescues Domino from a brainwashed X-Force team. Illustrated by Adam Pollina. He cracked jokes and Dom even said something about it if memory serves. And there were other times where he was shown to crack wise or be funny and not so grim and gritty all the time. In fact, in the Kyle & Yost X-Force series Domino also remarks that that particular incarnation of X-Force were “the grimmest bunch of mutants she’d ever been around.” Or something like that. Remarking that by comparison Cable was much more light hearted.

So there is precedent in terms of the older version exhibiting some of the same fun traits you enjoyed in WiFi. They’re the same person after all. And I much prefer when characters aren’t written in a one-dimensional manner. So I tend to agree with you here.

Jack! We're all so happy for you! Hope he continues to shine under Ewing! (Ewing has him next, right?)