Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Kid Cable was without the metal arm on x-men, seems a big mistake to forget to draw it.
    Also kid Cable uses too much TK, maybe I'm wrong here but adult Cble uses less of TK because he has to keep control of the technovirus.

The last issue with the mutant tainting him about being a kid Stryfe clone, seems like a heavy hint. I think it will still clash with X-force, but at least will explain the complete different chaarcterizations

Quote Originally Posted by gnostalgic View Post
    Just got done reading this. Wow. This SUCKED. It completely ignores canon and makes everyone involved come away from it looking like jerks. I totally called this in my post in the preview thread; Scott would rather let the timeline implode by keeping the teenage version of his son than getting the adult one back, even after all the good Old Cable has done for them and the fact that he has his own child to raise and his own friends that miss him. I’m 99% sure making Scott look like a selfish POS wasn’t Duggan’s intention, but I really wish it was because that would be a fascinating development to explore when Old Cable comes back. If I were Nate, I’d be furious with him and Jean and everyone else who went along with this stupidity.
    The timeline doesnt implode if Kid Cable stays. A new divergent timeline instead is created

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Kid Cable was without the metal arm on x-men, seems a big mistake to forget to draw it.
    Also kid Cable uses too much TK, maybe I'm wrong here but adult Cble uses less of TK because he has to keep control of the technovirus.

The last issue with the mutant tainting him about being a kid Stryfe clone, seems like a heavy hint. I think it will still clash with X-force, but at least will explain the complete different chaarcterizations
    I think part of it is that he had no formal training with his powers. He's been with Jean for a while now so I can buy her training him in ways to use his TK more effectively

BANNED

This goes both ways. Kid Cable staying permanently on same time line makes a huge mess on space time continium. Even Booster Gold is a better than this lol

Extraordinary Member

Old Kid Cable is going to pull an 'Extermination' on his younger self, sending him back to the Future to set things right, and 'erasing' himself from existance.

We can have Adventure of Kid Cable comics taking place in the future if people like the take on the character. A lot of it is covered but I am sure there are gaps and room for new takes.

The only question is how does OG Cable return. Krakoa?

That’s what I’m thinking. Resurrect the original, send the kid back to the future, and that’s how you break the loop that is his life now.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So is your prediction that he doesn’t actually go back to the future, and instead just stays here and gets aged up somehow? If that happens, I suppose it wipes out his dystopian future timeline (as Scott says this issue) but wouldn’t it also undo all the things that the older Cable did in this timeline back in the past? Just like the Teen O5 staying here would have, and why they had to go back.

It would seem to create a paradox if he doesn’t go back to his dystopian future and then come back here at an earlier date to do all the things he did in the past that contributed to the present day. Kind of makes my head hurt honestly, so I’m really ready for this storyline to wrap up one way or the other. Either the OG version of Cable (full grown, heavily muscled, silver haired) is restored or he remains a kid. If the former, I cheer. If the latter, the character stays dead to me. But either way I’m looking for some closure as this particular plot line has dragged on forever.
    I thought it all happened, doesn't matter if they change the outcome from now, whatever Cable lived, happened, through all the world ending adventures with Bishop following him etc. It just won't happen again? That's the old way I thought, unless that's changed in the past decade (I've really been out of the loop and only come back to see how Cable is getting on - badly right now).

Sounds like Cable will still be showing up in SWORD after his series ends, but potentially not as young cable: https://www.gamesradar.com/inside-th...with-al-ewing/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Sounds like Cable will still be showing up in SWORD after his series ends, but potentially not as young cable: https://www.gamesradar.com/inside-th...with-al-ewing/
    Nothing Ewing says suggests the bolded, that is if you did not already think Cable might not be young Cable anymore, he does not say anything to now make you think that will be the case.

Nrama: We know the ongoing Cable title is ending this summer, with the current teen version facing off against his adult counterpart. How will that affect SWORD, where teen Cable is the head of security?

Ewing: We have some big plans for Cable - and how he fits into the mosaic of the space books - but we'll give readers the chance to see how the Cable saga plays out in his own book before I start blabbing my end of things. Maybe keep an eye on solicits in August...
    Hell yes... hell yes... hell yes!!! It’s happening. It’s finally happening. Grown ass MF-ing man Cable will be back, baby. Whoo.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Nothing Ewing says suggests the bolded, that is if you did not already think Cable might not be young Cable anymore, he does not say anything to now make you think that will be the case.
    Well, logically speaking, what would we be keeping an eye out for regarding the character if not some new direction for him after the resolution of his solo series? The OG is coming back. I can feel it.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 04-29-2021 at 07:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Hell yes... hell yes... hell yes!!! It’s happening. It’s finally happening. Grown ass MF-ing man Cable will be back, baby. Whoo.

Well, logically speaking, what would we be keeping an eye out for regarding the character if not some new direction for the character after the resolution of his solo series? The OG is coming back. I can feel it.
    Maybe he just finds the Wizard of Oz who tells him he already has experience? Could just have to do with some power upgrade with the space sword? I agree that the money is on OG Cable, and this definitely does not dampen any hope. It just is not some smoking gun. Aside from directly saying he is writing Kid Cable, anything he says is going to leave easy interpretation to mean OG Cable though.

You just gotta have faith. Some new direction/status quo change is coming for the character. That seems obvious at this point. Fingers crossed...

Cable & Maddie. Happy Mother's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    How about this comment from Ewing in a newer interview...

Nrama: I can't let you end it like that. Before we go, what clues can you give us about what to look forward to in 'The Last Annihilation'?

Ewing: An enemy that's never been seen in this context before.

Rocket cuts the Gordian Knot.

Doom wages war as only he can.

An old soldier returns to the fight, and a brand new one makes their debut.

Add a pinch of Mysterium, and serve.
    From: https://www.gamesradar.com/al-ewing-...tal-hulk-more/

Sure sounds like 2+2 might equal 4 here...

Extraordinary Member

How about this comment from Ewing in a newer interview...

From: https://www.gamesradar.com/al-ewing-...tal-hulk-more/

Sure sounds like 2+2 might equal 4 here...
    I do hope so, I am sure he knows that is what people are expecting.

Me too. Would be hugely disappointing if these hints end up being red herrings.