Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Incredible Member

This did answer one big question: Cable knows what's going on, likely even about Moira, but maybe he doesn't know how it ends.

Well that and this was Kid Stryfe again. Or at least younger than the Stryfe we're usually used to.
    Last edited by Drexelhand; 07-28-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Incredible Member

Just posting my updated theory:

"Cable is further from the future than Moira has ever seen, by at least two thousand years. And he lives in a future where the mutants have won, they control the globe and while there are posthumans - Helix - they are rebels who are continually defeated (X-Force Vol 2). The mutant overlords - the High Lords of New Canaan - also employ posthumans as slaved that they create in their Mechagenics Labs so their control over even them is absolute (Cable & Deadpool 42). I don't expect anybody except maybe some really continuity focused writers like Al Ewing to know about those details - but the point is they just reinforce what we know about Cable's future: the mutants have undisputedly won.

When Cable first came back in time, he met Moira X and their minds linked. We know he read her mind, so what if he knows about her past nine lives and what they all read to. What if he also accidentally let her read his mind and his future is the only one she knows where mutants win and it is what she has been striving towards even though it is something Cable has always tried to change from something minor as raising Cannonball to survive to trying to kill Apocalypse. It is entirely possible that when Hope Summers was born, Cable remembered the role that she was destined to play in the Five. After all, he straight up said: "Charles, I could explain how this baby saves everyone. Mutants. Humans. Everyone. I could explain how everything changes because of this child."

Now we've seen that one version of Esme survives long enough to have a happy life where she eventually reunites with Cable. I think that Cable will become instrumental in the days to come, perhaps not in Inferno, but whatever role he plays in Last Annihilation will either keep him away from Earth for the rest of the saga (to avoid dealing with questions about his future) or bring him back to give him a more pivotal role.

Now, a big question is, why did Cable forget all of this? Why did he forget that Stryfe was his clone? That Cyclops and Jean Grey were his parents? For some reason, Cable forgets a lot of things. In fact, the first time he references Slym and Redd Dayspring to Cyclops and Jean, he admits that he can't even remember their names. It's entirely possible that he forgets. It's possible that Kid Cable returns and we see what makes him forget. Perhaps he forgets as a result of the psilink with Moira X above. Maybe Blaquesmith forced him to forget. My own personal theory - in the event that we receive no answer - is that he forgets during Cable Vol 1 25, when Stryfe hits the young Cable with a psionic sickness to try and get Professor from him (it's also possible this is where he loses Belle) and that in that sickness, he loses his memories of this time.

When does he regain his memories is the less interesting question. But we know the answer to this one. In the above mentioned X-Force Vol 2, Cable dies and his presence is cast across his variants in the Multiverse. When Deadpool resurrects him in House of M, he's brought back with all his lost memories intact as well as those of his variants.
    "
    Last edited by Drexelhand; 07-28-2021 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Jack! We're all so happy for you! Hope he continues to shine under Ewing! (Ewing has him next, right?)
    Thank you! Really appreciate it. And it sure seems like Ewing has him from here on out, so fingers crossed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Thank you! Really appreciate it. And it sure seems like Ewing has him from here on out, so fingers crossed.
    Quick! Someone obsessively tweet my theory at Ewing like that one dude did with Lourdes at Duggan!

I would but I’m not on Twitter. But I like your theory. I also believe the grown up Cable has a big role to play in all this at some point.

This website doesn’t have a very good track record, in fact I’m not sure if they’ve ever been right, but this would be cool nonetheless…

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...le-in-the-mcu/

VS.

I never noticed his necklace till now and Im feeling dumb for that

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This website doesn’t have a very good track record, in fact I’m not sure if they’ve ever been right, but this would be cool nonetheless…

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...le-in-the-mcu/

VS.

I could go for Cable going after Kang on the big screen or in the comics.
    Last edited by cable guy; 07-30-2021 at 07:41 AM.

you posted this yesterday

That was a great What If issue. It was before Cable ever exhibited any powers too, and they certainly hadn’t fleshed out his origins. It’s interesting to think how different that What If might’ve been if it was written just a few years later.

Cable RELOADED Liefeld variant cover…

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Quick! Someone obsessively tweet my theory at Ewing like that one dude did with Lourdes at Duggan!
    Best to withhold those speculations! Marvel Creatives are regularly reminding their followers to NOT SHARE IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS with them because of legality issues.
    The more we propose to the people capable of actually crafting the stories, the less likely those proposals are to ever see fruition.