Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

I’d also like to see Cable’s rogues gallery expanded a bit more. Maybe being in space as part of the Annihilation event and on the SWORD team will bring some new enemies for him?

In terms of old ones that I wouldn’t mind seeing again, I always thought Post had more potential and they really barely scratched the surface with him. I could see him pulling together a new MLF even, and becoming a new arch nemesis to replace Stryfe (who is super played out at this point IMO). Or perhaps Cable could pull a Logan and get a new arch nemesis from amongst the Aarakii mutants? White Sword, or someone new perhaps?

At any rate, would love to see adult Nathan taking on new threats now that he’s back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’d also like to see Cable’s rogues gallery expanded a bit more. Maybe being in space as part of the Annihilation event and on the SWORD team will bring some new enemies for him?

In terms of old ones that I wouldn’t mind seeing again, I always thought Post had more potential and they really barely scratched the surface with him. I could see him pulling together a new MLF even, and becoming a new arch nemesis to replace Stryfe (who is super played out at this point IMO). Or perhaps Cable could pull a Logan and get a new arch nemesis from amongst the Aarakii mutants? White Sword, or someone new perhaps?

At any rate, would love to see adult Nathan taking on new threats now that he’s back.
    Great choice, Jackraow21! As for me, I'd love a rematch against...

Ahab

Oooh, yeah. Ahab could be another great nemesis for Cable. Especially after X-Termination where the younger version faced off with him, and also the old Days of Future Present story which that image above is from. He’s had a couple of big run-ins with Ahab. One or two more and he will definitely fall in the Cable’s rogues gallery camp.

Bastion is another one who’s close to that designation. Nimrod too honestly. Nathan has had a couple of run-ins with both.

Oooh, yeah. Ahab could be another great nemesis for Cable. Especially after X-Termination where the younger version faced off with him, and also the old Days of Future Present story which that image above is from. He’s had a couple of big run-ins with Ahab. One or two more and he will definitely fall in the Cable’s rogues gallery camp.

Bastion is another one who’s close to that designation. Nimrod too honestly. Nathan has had a couple of run-ins with both.
    Yeah! I remember one of those run-ins with Bastion/Nimrod involved Machine Man

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Maybe find new rogues to give him vs making other people's nemesis his? Ahab isn't so much his nemesis as he is Rachel's, but Bastion would be a great choice or Nimrod the Lessor.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Maybe find new rogues to give him vs making other people's nemesis his? Ahab isn't so much his nemesis as he is Rachel's, but Bastion would be a great choice or Nimrod the Lessor.
    I meant no offense. I'll always consider Ahab the main enemy of Rachel.

I was only curious about what OG Nathan saw in Ahab's face, and thought someone knowledgeable could clarify.

But I agree about Bastion/Nimrod being added to OG Cable's hit-list, I'm just hoping it'll be the OG version of Nimrod

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-23-2021 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Well, I maintain that Post has a lot of potential as an archenemies for Cable, mainly due to their past connection. Post is a mutant who was being experimented on by the Mandarin, when Nathan saved him and gave him a blood transfusion to save his life. The T-O virus in his blood stream interacted with his mutation in such a way that it seems to have augmented his powers, giving him some unique abilities between his drone-like tech “platelets” and his own natural mutation (which I think is still pretty poorly defined). So he’s a character that a good writer like Ewing could come along and really flesh out and make a very cool villain for Cable IMO.

Here’s his bio: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/post/4005-15075/

Beyond Post, and possibly a new MLF headed up by him, I’d also like to see the return of Weapon P.R.I.M.E. as a government task force created to keep tabs on Cable. I really enjoyed the aesthetic of the character Killspree (even had the old Toy Biz action figure they made of him) so wouldn’t mind seeing him, Yeti, Tigerstryke, etc., being recommissioned and hunting down Nathan again for Department K. Those are some additional obscure villains just ripe to be fleshed out more and made into a regular part of Nathan’s rogues gallery.

From there, maybe a team-up with Rachel to fight Ahab and his hounds (since, yes, it’s true that Ahab is really Rachel’s arch nemesis) and also Cable versus Orchis and Nimrod at some point too. Maybe also have him mix it up with some cosmic Marvel villains out there in space too, or even invent some new enemies for him who are aliens. That could be cool.

[QUOTE=K7P5V;5553722][center]I meant no offense. I'll always consider Ahab the main enemy of Rachel.

I was only curious about what OG Nathan saw in Ahab's face, and thought someone knowledgeable could clarify.

But I agree about Bastion/Nimrod being added to OG Cable's hit-list, I'm just hoping it'll be the OG version of Nimrod

None taken!

I will say that there are a BUNCH of plot lines that Claremont put in that issue that changed dramatically from that point. I believe, not canon, that Cable and Ahab were hinted at being the same person just from different timelines. Hence them being drawn very similarly and that line from Ahab. Also it's unclear how he would know about Cable necessarily but it's a dead plot point as Cable became Nate. Additionally the "Scott isn't really Rachel's father but maybe the PF is" was strongly hinted at in this book.

Just there are so many opportunities for new characters, especially with what has come out of the X line the past two years alone we should be pressing writers to be creative vs using villains from one hero to somehow be shifted onto another with little reason. I do love the idea of ANY (lol) Rachel and Nate teamup. Re-reading the Weinberg run where they worked together against Gaunt and the Dark Sisterhood was great for both them exploring their relationship and growing as siblings.

Cable traveling to the end of time to fight Gaunt in order to save Rachel was awesome. Especially with the Esad Ribic artwork in that issue too.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best day ever! Whoo. My boy is back. And he gets to keep that rad sword. F@#$ing awesome.
    THIS IS HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW!!!

I'm over a week late in hearing this obviously, but I'm so pumped up with excitement today.

What great news!

Incredible Member

[QUOTE=Askani's Flame;5554029]
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]I meant no offense. I'll always consider Ahab the main enemy of Rachel.

None taken!

I will say that there are a BUNCH of plot lines that Claremont put in that issue that changed dramatically from that point. I believe, not canon, that Cable and Ahab were hinted at being the same person just from different timelines. Hence them being drawn very similarly and that line from Ahab. Also it's unclear how he would know about Cable necessarily but it's a dead plot point as Cable became Nate. Additionally the "Scott isn't really Rachel's father but maybe the PF is" was strongly hinted at in this book.

Just there are so many opportunities for new characters, especially with what has come out of the X line the past two years alone we should be pressing writers to be creative vs using villains from one hero to somehow be shifted onto another with little reason. I do love the idea of ANY (lol) Rachel and Nate teamup. Re-reading the Weinberg run where they worked together against Gaunt and the Dark Sisterhood was great for both them exploring their relationship and growing as siblings.
    I believe that Claremont was one of the people who pitched Cable being grown up Nate, even though it became a thing after he left (kind of like how he has some involvement with Bishop's creation). As for Cable's connection to Ahab, that was settled in a Weinberg issue, I believe, where it was revealed that Cable in Earth-811 actually works for the Sentinels (maybe as a Hound, maybe him seeing it as the best chance to stop Apocalypse).

[QUOTE=Drexelhand;5554668]

I believe that Claremont was one of the people who pitched Cable being grown up Nate, even though it became a thing after he left (kind of like how he has some involvement with Bishop's creation). As for Cable's connection to Ahab, that was settled in a Weinberg issue, I believe, where it was revealed that Cable in Earth-811 actually works for the Sentinels (maybe as a Hound, maybe him seeing it as the best chance to stop Apocalypse).
    Yup that's true! It was after Days of Future Present when Claremont was getting rid of kid Nathan into the future in X-Factor that he pitched the Cable could be him. It resolved who Cable was, but changed the notion Claremont put out there that Cable was Ahab.

Also do you know where or what issue you're referring to? There is no 811 counterpart for Cable (as Jean and Scott only had Rachel) so that doesn't sound right. And Weinberg's run wasn't long and I don't remember him doing anything with Ahab or 811 if Rachel wasn't involved (as he was a fan).

Well, I maintain that Post has a lot of potential as an archenemies for Cable, mainly due to their past connection. Post is a mutant who was being experimented on by the Mandarin, when Nathan saved him and gave him a blood transfusion to save his life. The T-O virus in his blood stream interacted with his mutation in such a way that it seems to have augmented his powers, giving him some unique abilities between his drone-like tech “platelets” and his own natural mutation (which I think is still pretty poorly defined). So he’s a character that a good writer like Ewing could come along and really flesh out and make a very cool villain for Cable IMO.

Here’s his bio: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/post/4005-15075/

Beyond Post, and possibly a new MLF headed up by him, I’d also like to see the return of Weapon P.R.I.M.E. as a government task force created to keep tabs on Cable. I really enjoyed the aesthetic of the character Killspree (even had the old Toy Biz action figure they made of him) so wouldn’t mind seeing him, Yeti, Tigerstryke, etc., being recommissioned and hunting down Nathan again for Department K. Those are some additional obscure villains just ripe to be fleshed out more and made into a regular part of Nathan’s rogues gallery.

From there, maybe a team-up with Rachel to fight Ahab and his hounds (since, yes, it’s true that Ahab is really Rachel’s arch nemesis) and also Cable versus Orchis and Nimrod at some point too. Maybe also have him mix it up with some cosmic Marvel villains out there in space too, or even invent some new enemies for him who are aliens. That could be cool.
    In total agreement with you about Weapon: P.R.I.M.E. (the OG version from the '90s will always be my favorite):

None taken!
    Thanks. Glad to know there aren't any hurt feelings.

A LOT of Claremont's ideas got dramatically changed. I won't even mention Sinister.

In agreement with you about more Rachel & Nathan (OG) team-ups.
    My favorite will always be the one against the Dark Sisterhood, because of Rachel's wonderfully-designed costume:

Incredible Member

[QUOTE=Askani's Flame;5555104]
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post

Yup that's true! It was after Days of Future Present when Claremont was getting rid of kid Nathan into the future in X-Factor that he pitched the Cable could be him. It resolved who Cable was, but changed the notion Claremont put out there that Cable was Ahab.

Also do you know where or what issue you're referring to? There is no 811 counterpart for Cable (as Jean and Scott only had Rachel) so that doesn't sound right. And Weinberg's run wasn't long and I don't remember him doing anything with Ahab or 811 if Rachel wasn't involved (as he was a fan).
    I was mistaken, it was actually Joe Pruett's run. Cable #71, with pencils by Rob Liefeld.

If you remember in Days of Future Past, when Franklin makes Banshee-811, he remarks that he believed Cable was in Madripoor - establishing that a version of Cable did exist in Earth-811. The future portion of this issue is set after the future action of Days of Future Past but before Days of Future Present, so it's reasonable to believe that Cable defected to Ahab's side by then (hence the "see someone you recognize" comment).

As for how Cable exists in Earth-811, the way I see it is like this:

* The X-Men prevent Senator Kelly's assassination in 1983
    * Nathan Summers is born in 1984
    * Nathan Summers goes to the future in 1985
    * Nathan Summers becomes Cable, fights Apocalypse in the future and decides to time travel
    * Cable arrives in the past of 1961 and lives all the way through to 1983
    * In one stream of time, the X-Men prevent Senator Kelly's assassination and the loop goes on
    * In the other stream of time, the X-Men fail to prevent Senator Kelly's assassination and it becomes Earth-811

So, by way of being a time traveler and going back before the divergence and not time traveling ahead of it, Cable existed during the divergence and an alternate 811-version of him was created by it.