Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

[QUOTE=Drexelhand;5555212]
    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

I was mistaken, it was actually Joe Pruett's run. Cable #71, with pencils by Rob Liefeld.

If you remember in Days of Future Past, when Franklin makes Banshee-811, he remarks that he believed Cable was in Madripoor - establishing that a version of Cable did exist in Earth-811. The future portion of this issue is set after the future action of Days of Future Past but before Days of Future Present, so it's reasonable to believe that Cable defected to Ahab's side by then (hence the "see someone you recognize" comment).

As for how Cable exists in Earth-811, the way I see it is like this:

* The X-Men prevent Senator Kelly's assassination in 1983
    * Nathan Summers is born in 1984
    * Nathan Summers goes to the future in 1985
    * Nathan Summers becomes Cable, fights Apocalypse in the future and decides to time travel
    * Cable arrives in the past of 1961 and lives all the way through to 1983
    * In one stream of time, the X-Men prevent Senator Kelly's assassination and the loop goes on
    * In the other stream of time, the X-Men fail to prevent Senator Kelly's assassination and it becomes Earth-811

So, by way of being a time traveler and going back before the divergence and not time traveling ahead of it, Cable existed during the divergence and an alternate 811-version of him was created by it.
    Ah, I hadn't read that issue so I'll need to go back and read them!

It's a good way of inserting him in that timeline even though he wouldn't exist so I appreciate you laying it out like that. He'd had to have been in that reality since Jean merged with the Phoenix as her not dying on the moon was also a different outcome which preceded Kelly. So it then makes sense why 811 Banshee thinks he's in Madripoor, but I don't think he would have defected to Ahab unless it was written that way somewhere else. It doesn't seem supported that he worked for Ahab, otherwise it would have been expanded upon in issue #71 when Rachel transports him to 811 and he battles Ahab.

Incredible Member

[QUOTE=Askani's Flame;5555853]
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post

It's a good way of inserting him in that timeline even though he wouldn't exist so I appreciate you laying it out like that. He'd had to have been in that reality since Jean merged with the Phoenix as her not dying on the moon was also a different outcome which preceded Kelly. So it then makes sense why 811 Banshee thinks he's in Madripoor, but I don't think he would have defected to Ahab unless it was written that way somewhere else. It doesn't seem supported that he worked for Ahab, otherwise it would have been expanded upon in issue #71 when Rachel transports him to 811 and he battles Ahab.
    Yeah, it may be that he's brainwashed by the Sentinels or that he's manipulating them in his own vendetta against Apocalypse. Regardless, it's a plot point that was never expanded upon.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    In total agreement with you about Weapon: P.R.I.M.E. (the OG version from the '90s will always be my favorite):
    For sure. And how could I forget Garrison Kane, a.k.a. Poor Man's Weapon X? LOL. I actually enjoyed him more as a Cable nemesis/punching bag than as a good guy honestly, so I'd definitely bring him back too and have him possibly leading Weapon PRIME and hunting Cable with Tigerstryke, Killspree, Yeti and some others.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

Same here. Cable #71, you say? I'll see if I can track it down. Don't remember this Earth-811 either.

Incredible Member

This is the page in Cable #71 where it shows Cable to have joined the Sentinels in Earth-811:

Interestingly, earlier in the issue, Cable wasn't recognized by anybody he ran into - which suggests that Mother Askani was telepathically obscuring his identity. However, this page does confirm that this is indeed Earth-811:

Last edited by Drexelhand; 05-25-2021 at 03:57 PM.

Nice. Thanks. I do kind of remember that issue now. Appreciate the refresher.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Hickman should have plans for Cable - he's one of those characters that has a history with Moira you just can't forget. Plus, Cable's series has established that his future still exists and it's a future beyond anything Moira has seen and one where mutants won the war - Cable's future, the one he intends to avert, may be what Moira wants to happen.
    Just quoting my theory here to expand on it with the revelation of X-Men 20.

spoilers:
    If Moira has copies of Destiny's diaries, you have to remember when we last saw them. Mr. Sinister wiped out all precogs and future knowledge but the diaries so that he could analyze them and figure out more about Hope's birth. He knew a line associated with Hope's birth from the diaries: one minute after dawn. That's a line relevant to Cable's future where Hope was the salvation of mutants - could the salvation that Cable knew Hope to be a reference to her role in the Five? Could Moira be using Destiny's diaries to further figure out how to push things down Cable's timeline.
    end of spoilers

I think you’re onto something honestly...

- adult Cable coming back in August
    - Inferno 2.0 in September (the original event centered around him as a baby and his mother)
    - Forge talking about his power neutralizer gun in today’s X-men #20, which Cable was holding in the Mark Brooks promo image for HoX/PoX

Where there’s smoke, there may be fire. And Cable may factor into these upcoming events. Or he may be off in space and miss out entirely. Guess we’ll see...

... my theory is that he uses the power neutralizer on Moira so that her death no longer resets the timeline, protecting Krakoa and the Reign of X from being derailed by her death.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think you’re onto something honestly...

- adult Cable coming back in August
    - Inferno 2.0 in September (the original event centered around him as a baby and his mother)
    - Forge talking about his power neutralizer gun in today’s X-men #20, which Cable was holding in the Mark Brooks promo image for HoX/PoX

Where there’s smoke, there may be fire. And Cable may factor into these upcoming events. Or he may be off in space and miss out entirely. Guess we’ll see...

... my theory is that he uses the power neutralizer on Moira so that her death no longer resets the timeline, protecting Krakoa and the Reign of X from being derailed by her death.
    Was OG Cable not seen during Wifi's run in Inferno ? Fingers crossed OG Cable's appearing in Inferno - I don't want him in space.

He was, but in a “different place and time.” We still don’t know when/where he is, but will find out in the final two issues in June and July.

Also, don’t forget that with the Krakoan gates now he can be in space and also walk through one of those and be back Earth-side instantaneously. It’s better than his old bodyslide technology honestly, and doesn’t make you barf.

He should definitely appear in Inferno, though. Considering the fact that he was one of the big set pieces, as a baby, in the original crossover of the same name. I feel that he has a role to play, and it involves that power neutralizer and Moira too. That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it.

I think The White Sword would make a cool Cable villain too honestly. They definitely need to do more with the Arakki mutants.

He can keep it

Probably just a variant cover. He’s been doing a lot of those for Marvel lately.

I’m much more interested in what Ewing plans to do with the OG version over in SWORD. He said in an interview just before the Cable: Reloaded one-shot was announced that they had big space plans for the character.

With what transpired in the most recent SWORD issue, does anyone think Cable might get an upgrade of his cybernetic arm and have it coated in Mysterium?