Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Yeah, sure seems like they are one and the same… or maybe they were until after that point (with the nuke) and then Stryfe replaced him?

Then again, do we know with 100% certainty that Cable has Kid Cable’s memories per se, and that’s how he knew to plant the nuke? Perhaps he knows about what happened from Belle or some sort of archive? Or maybe Kid Cable, if he is a Stryfe clone, just tells him about it at some point to remind him to do it, once figuring out that he’s not actually Cable?

There are other ways to explain it. Just saying.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, sure seems like they are one and the same… or maybe they were until after that point (with the nuke) and then Stryfe replaced him?

Then again, do we know with 100% certainty that Cable has Kid Cable’s memories per se, and that’s how he knew to plant the nuke? Perhaps he knows about what happened from Belle or some sort of archive? Or maybe Kid Cable, if he is a Stryfe clone, just tells him about it at some point to remind him to do it, once figuring out that he’s not actually Cable?

There are other ways to explain it. Just saying.
    Because the nuke only got planted by Kid Cable's decision to remember to do so when he got older and with one issue left, it's the easiest explanation we have. However, if he is a Stryfe clone, I'm sure there's a good explanation.

Exclusive preview of Cable issue #12…

https://www.cbr.com/cable-final-issu...tryfe-preview/

Exclusive preview of Cable issue #12…

https://www.cbr.com/cable-final-issu...tryfe-preview/

Man… Stryfe just tosses Bable like a rag-doll. Lol. Thank God the OG is back!

Amazing Member

In the Blood of Apocalypse storyline, I thought it was stated that the TO virus is part of Cable's DNA? As a separate aside, Been rereading some of Messiah war & it clearly shows Stryfe with a metal arm - thought Jackarow might be interested :-). I remember thinking at the time, someone did not fully check the Cable - Stryfe history, but you never know, perhaps Bable is Stryfe....but then again...

Stryfe doesn’t have a metal arm. He has the T-O virus, though. Or at least he did initially. It is indeed part of his DNA. It’s just that in the clone it wasn’t as far advanced when Apocalypse took him as an infant, mistakenly thinking he was the real deal. The Cable Blood & Metal 2-parter shows Stryfe pulling his shirt on at one point and he’s got traces of the virus running across his shoulder/upper back. But doesn’t have a fully metal arm or anything like that.

What panel are you referring to in Messiah War exactly? Could you be mistaking the metal of his costume for him having a fully metal, cybernetic arm perhaps?

Stryfe doesn’t have a metal arm. He has the T-O virus, though. Or at least he did initially. It is indeed part of his DNA. It’s just that in the clone it wasn’t as far advanced when Apocalypse took him as an infant, mistakenly thinking he was the real deal. The Cable Blood & Metal 2-parter shows Stryfe pulling his shirt on at one point and he’s got traces of the virus running across his shoulder/upper back. But doesn’t have a fully metal arm or anything like that.
    I know, right?! I always thought Stryfe was perfection personified, while Cable was the imperfect original.
    I mean, that's what made Cable so endearing for me.

Amazing Member

What panel are you referring to in Messiah War exactly? Could you be mistaking the metal of his costume for him having a fully metal, cybernetic arm perhaps?
    Messiah War Chapter 6 / Cable 15 - could be Styfe's suit but the metal banding is the same as Cable's arm & it extends up Stryfe's neck.

Ah. Yes. I’m looking at it now. The metal banding is his suit and it’s on both arms, but you’re right in that it does extend up his neck like it does on Cable. Never noticed that before, but I think it’s just an artistic mistake honestly. Stryfe’s virus was contained at a much earlier point, so while he does have it and it is also part of his DNA, he hasn’t had big portions of his anatomy (namely most of his left side) consumed by it like Cable has. It’s why he’s so much stronger. Because the virus is basically dormant in him. Not sure if it was Apocalypse who stopped it when he took him as an infant or what, but that seems logical since his plan was to eventually take the body as his next host body… until he realized it wasn’t the real Nathan, rather it was a clone, and he rejected it (see The Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix for details on that chapter).

Honestly, as much of a Cable fan as I am I’ve never loved Stryfe. Always thought he was a goofy villain with mommy and daddy issues, and he just seemed too damn old for that IMO. I’ve really wanted to see Nathan’s rogues gallery beefed up over the years so they wouldn’t have to keep going back to the well on Stryfe as his one major arch nemesis. That’s why I’m kind of hoping there’s some big twist coming up in Cable #12 where it’s revealed that somewhere along the way the real Kid Cable already went back to the future, and the version we’re following is the Stryfe clone that Belle alluded to having been “inserted into mutant society.” So in the Summers War they kill the older Stryfe, and then we’re left with both a younger version who has a second chance to grow up with his parents (thereby negating his mommy/daddy issues) and the real deal OG Cable too. Win-win.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 07-11-2021 at 08:06 AM.

X-Men: A Recently Resurrected Mutant May Hold the Key to Saving Krakoa

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-cable-krakoa-savior/

Incredible Member

X-Men: A Recently Resurrected Mutant May Hold the Key to Saving Krakoa

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-cable-krakoa-savior/
    That theory seems similar to the ones you and I raised here. I'm assuming it'll gain traction depending on Last Annihilation.

Spectacular Member

Glad to see Cable back… but do you guys agree that the resurrected Cable is indeed the same Cable (in consciousness) as the one who was killed by Kid Cable or is he merely a clone who’s an independent person from the original?

I’m not a fan of this Krokoa resurrection business since philosophically speaking, it seems that they are just replacing the characters with clones, I hope something happens which fixes this mess up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    Glad to see Cable back… but do you guys agree that the resurrected Cable is indeed the same Cable (in consciousness) as the one who was killed by Kid Cable or is he merely a clone who’s an independent person from the original?

I’m not a fan of this Krokoa resurrection business since philosophically speaking, it seems that they are just replacing the characters with clones, I hope something happens which fixes this mess up.
    I mean what's wrong with being a clone when the original is dead? It's not like they're mentally any different or inferior.