Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    Glad to see Cable back… but do you guys agree that the resurrected Cable is indeed the same Cable (in consciousness) as the one who was killed by Kid Cable or is he merely a clone who’s an independent person from the original?

I’m not a fan of this Krokoa resurrection business since philosophically speaking, it seems that they are just replacing the characters with clones, I hope something happens which fixes this mess up.
    They’ve established that while these are new bodies, they aren’t clones per se. Because it’s not just their consciousness/memories that have been backed up in Cerebro that are implanted inside them via the Resurrection Protocols, but also their “anima” or spirit/soul. So they are indeed the originals in terms of both mind and spirit, if not body since the body is new.

It’s been the topic of a lot of debate on these boards, but that’s how it’s been explained in the books and by some of the creators and editors.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean what's wrong with being a clone when the original is dead? It's not like they're mentally any different or inferior.
    Nothing is wrong, but it’s just not the same character. It’s basically a twin who shares the original’s memories and name.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    They’ve established that while these are new bodies, they aren’t clones per se. Because it’s not just their consciousness/memories that have been backed up in Cerebro that are implanted inside them via the Resurrection Protocols, but also their “anima” or spirit/soul. So they are indeed the originals in terms of both mind and spirit, if not body since the body is new.

It’s been the topic of a lot of debate on these boards, but that’s how it’s been explained in the books and by some of the creators and editors.
    I guess that fixes it, although I can’t help but then ask why bother backing up memories if their soul returns?

The whole topic is iffy, kinda like the same reason why lots of people don’t like complete reboots.

Incredible Member

I guess that fixes it, although I can’t help but then ask why bother backing up memories if their soul returns?

The whole topic is iffy, kinda like the same reason why lots of people don’t like complete reboots.
    For two reasons:

1) To justify Charles Xavier's new appearance

2) To create storytelling material with lost memories like when Spider-Man loses his web shooters

So that they’re not only the same person, spiritually and all, but also so they can have the benefit of “picking up where they left off” so to speak in terms of their memories. It’s essentially immortality.

Spectacular Member

So that they’re not only the same person, spiritually and all, but also so they can have the benefit of “picking up where they left off” so to speak in terms of their memories. It’s essentially immortality.
    But then what happens to their memories that they had during their “afterlife” I’m guessing it all just would go into their subconscious and overridden by their physical brain memories bc “writing comics lol”?

BANNED

Just when I got used to the fact that mutant females are seldom if ever seen pregnant and or give birth. Now, all of Mutantdom can never truly die.

Spectacular Member

Pretty sure I’d prefer not to see anybody human or mutant give birth on a comic book panel haha!

But then what happens to their memories that they had during their “afterlife” I’m guessing it all just would go into their subconscious and overridden by their physical brain memories bc “writing comics lol”?
    Great question. I suppose they don’t retain them since they weren’t backed up… but, then again, their soul (or “anima” as it was referred to in the HoX issue that explained the resurrection process) would have experienced the afterlife. So, yeah, they may retain some of that within their subconscious. Might be something interesting for a writer to explore down the line honestly.

Spectacular Member

Great question. I suppose they don’t retain them since they weren’t backed up… but, then again, their soul (or “anima” as it was referred to in the HoX issue that explained the resurrection process) would have experienced the afterlife. So, yeah, they may retain some of that within their subconscious. Might be something interesting for a writer to explore down the line honestly.
    Yeah that would be cool. However I don’t think it’s true that they wouldn’t retain the memories because they’re not backed up as many characters have been resurrected in the past without a need for a memory backup lol
    Last edited by Dcnewb; 07-12-2021 at 08:58 PM.

A little snippet of Cable news in this article…

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-gotg-al-ewing-interview/

You're writing the Cable: Reloaded tie-in starring the classic version of Cable. What's it like writing the older Cable versus his younger self? What can you tell us about the story you and Bob Quinn are telling in this book?

Cable has a vital mission, given to him by Abigail Brand and Rocket Raccoon, and he's forming a new team with a lot of old friends to help him with it. I can't say that much about Cable's young and old selves without potentially spoiling Gerry's [Duggan] Cable #12, but I guess I can say that, like the Guardians taking on Dormammu, this is Cable taking on some X-villains of old that he's not generally associated with. Something old, something new, so to speak.
    They’re being pretty tight-lipped about his future until Cable #12 comes out, which makes sense. But we know Cable: Reloaded takes place after that regardless. Hopefully once we get the finale to Duggan’s Kid Cable saga later this month we can find out what the OG will be up to next, after The Last Annihilation. Hopefully he’s with the SWORD team. *fingers crossed*

Im hoping he pops up in X-men in a recurring capacity

That would be cool as well. Duggan wrote a great adult Cable in his UA run, which Larraz also illustrated some of… and amazingly I might add.

Extraordinary Member

That was just something Magneto said, I don't take him as some expert on it and that is not even because he has spouted so many things about Krakoa that are factually wrong that his middle name is "Fake News". The data page on the process even mentioned duplicates as a possibility that they were avoiding.

That said, until the story takes a dark turn and reveals these are clones with implanted memories and the real characters are dead dead and in the the Marvel afterlife, it seems we are supposed to take this as as real a resurrection as any other way they have done it in Marvel. Which just shows how needlessly complex and outright dumb the idea turned out because there are so many much simpler ways that do not rely on something as self contradictory as the Cerebro back ups.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    That said, until the story takes a dark turn and reveals these are clones with implanted memories and the real characters are dead dead and in the the Marvel afterlife, it seems we are supposed to take this as as real a resurrection as any other way they have done it in Marvel.
    More like the numerous afterlives in Marvel