Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Inferno!!! Thanks for the memories...

Bernard Chang!!! An all-time fave...

I don't know about you, but I miss Mark Brooks doing interior artwork...

Ahh!, love both of these - always wondered why Mark Brooks left C&D so early. At the time I was deeply (deeply!) concerned Leifield might return....

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    There is so much more to Cable then people seem to think.
    Indeed - he's in my opinion, the best character in comics. (World building, lore and consistency is 2000ADs Dredd - I'd love to see Dredd and Cable working together in a comic but for pure character, it's Cable)... but Cable, man, grew up reading him as a kid and he has such great character development, especially when he hit his own series. Sadly now I can't seem to keep up with him, but do try - I've recently bought the X of Swords and two Cable volumes around that, can't wait to read them - and see boy Cable replaced by man Cable.

Quote Originally Posted by markdienekes View Post
    Indeed - he's in my opinion, the best character in comics. (World building, lore and consistency is 2000ADs Dredd - I'd love to see Dredd and Cable working together in a comic but for pure character, it's Cable)... but Cable, man, grew up reading him as a kid and he has such great character development, especially when he hit his own series. Sadly now I can't seem to keep up with him, but do try - I've recently bought the X of Swords and two Cable volumes around that, can't wait to read them - and see boy Cable replaced by man Cable.
    Yep, Cable is my favorite so I think he is the best as well.

Did you get the last issue of S.W.O.R.D.? That and Cable Reloaded.

I want more of Cable & The X-Terminators myself. Add Bedlam to that squad too.

I don’t know if this is popular opinion around here, but my favorite version of Cable is a less powerful, more soldier like, one. I’m not a huge fan of floating messiah Cable, so I’m glad the first Cable we saw on the big screen was a futuristic, gritty, soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Cable2X View Post
    I don’t know if this is popular opinion around here, but my favorite version of Cable is a less powerful, more soldier like, one. I’m not a huge fan of floating messiah Cable, so I’m glad the first Cable we saw on the big screen was a futuristic, gritty, soldier.
    LOL! Nothing against the OP version, but I've always been rather partial towards the futuristic commando version (XD)

I like that version too, but also like it when he’s more than just guns & pouches. The streamlined Askani “warrior priest” version we got during the Casey/Ladronn run was fun, as was the de-powered yet “tech-enhanced” version we had during the Mike Carey/Chris Bachalo X-men run. Where he used a force field (the Cone of Silence) and his Infonet to kind of replicate his lost TK and TP. Loved both of those versions, in addition to the OG low-powered soldier version that we first met in the early 90s.

Makes me wonder how he’ll be portrayed in X-men Red going forward, as the last issue of S.W.O.R.D. saw his T-O virus now back in a big way and taking more of his power to control. So I’m guessing he will be pretty low powered honestly.

Good point. I prefer soldier Cable, but I also like the two versions you mentioned. Although, I see soldier Cable and the Mike Carey/Chris Bachalo version as almost the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Cable2X View Post
    I'm totally with you there. But I really like all his other versions too!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! Nothing against the OP version, but I've always been rather partial towards the futuristic commando version (XD)

Very cool indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I like that version too, but also like it when he’s more than just guns & pouches. The streamlined Askani “warrior priest” version we got during the Casey/Ladronn run was fun, as was the de-powered yet “tech-enhanced” version we had during the Mike Carey/Chris Bachalo X-men run. Where he used a force field (the Cone of Silence) and his Infonet to kind of replicate his lost TK and TP. Loved both of those versions, in addition to the OG low-powered soldier version that we first met in the early 90s.

Makes me wonder how he’ll be portrayed in X-men Red going forward, as the last issue of S.W.O.R.D. saw his T-O virus now back in a big way and taking more of his power to control. So I’m guessing he will be pretty low powered honestly.
    Looking back now I really do love that version as well. I didn't appreciate then. But I do now for sure. The whole warrior priest thing was just so cool! Plus it was then, that it showed just how much more there was to Cable.

I Can't wait for X-Men Red. to see where Cable goes from there. Things could get complicated...

For sure. Definitely sounds like his powers will be consumed with the virus, which is acting up in light of his most recent feat in SWORD #11, and honestly acting more like the transmode virus it is derived from than the techno-organic virus that we’ve always seen. Right down to him losing track of his “first-person singular” and referring to himself as “self”… twice. I find myself wondering if his arm will even look the same or whether it will continue looking like this…

5E407127-81BA-4602-AA2B-5E5256C7A874.jpg

Regardless, there’s lots for Ewing to play with in X-men Red with regards to Nathan and his current status quo. He also still has the Light of Galador, which could be awesome if he can use it like he used his psimitar back when he had similar issues and couldn’t spare much psionic power in combat. The sword could similarly amplify and focus his power.

Can’t wait to find out in 2022. Happy New Year, Cable fans.

Happy New Year fellow Askani warriors.