Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Kid Cable is coming up FF

ETA:

Get hyped! T3 confirmed

Last edited by Havok83; 02-04-2021 at 08:16 PM.

Gonna be broke as hell in that game after upgrading him
    Pretty excited tho it looks cool, especially the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by anywqys View Post
    Gonna be broke as hell in that game after upgrading him
    Pretty excited tho it looks cool, especially the sword.
    Luckily for me, I already had him fully upgraded so he's ready to T3 on day 1 for me

I do like the sword. And that costume. Age him up just a decade (preferably two), bulk him up and maybe cut the sleeves off his shirt and he’d be perfect!

Always ahead of the game...

X-Men: How Cable Tried to Create His Own Krakoa YEARS Earlier: https://www.cbr.com/x-men-cable-prov...island-krakoa/

Awesome! I had no idea Jeff Lemire was also an artist...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Awesome! I had no idea Jeff Lemire was also an artist...
    Some really good writers are. Grant Morrison for instance, storyboarded his X-Men issues before giving them to his pencilers. I've heard Hickman does art too, but I've never seen it.

I’m seeing some tweet that his series ends at 12. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I’m seeing some tweet that his series ends at 12. Is this true?
    Yes, marvel confirmed

Writer Gerry Duggan and artist Phil Noto’s action-packed run on CABLE will reach its explosive climax this June. While the rest of the X-Men gear up for the highly-anticipated Hellfire Gala, young Nathan Summers will have to contend with his grizzled war veteran future self in CABLE #12. The past and future of Nathan Summers will finally collide in a game-changing confrontation that will set this iconic character on a new path!

It’s end of an era and the beginning of a new age for Cable. Don’t miss the final issue of this epic saga when CABLE #12 goes on sale on June 30!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I do dig Kid Cable’s costume. And his sword. Hope the adult version keeps both when he comes back.

When they bring the adult version of Cable back, I actually wouldn’t mind if he went back to using his “synth skin” to make his techno organic half look flesh and blood. He used to do this at times back in the day, and it makes sense that someone with his future technology (not to mention mastery of telekinesis) could easily manipulate his T-O cells to pass as normal flesh and blood tissue. Especially considering the fact that the Kid Cable version has been running around in a costume that doesn’t even showcase his T-O arm at all, similar to the long sleeve costume he wore for awhile back in the 90s...

This just popped in my head while looking at some posters for the upcoming Falcon & Winter Soldier Disney+ series, as Bucky kind of stole Cable’s cybernetic left arm schtick, even though Nathan had it first obviously in the comics. But to the outside world and folks not as well-versed in the comic lore, it might appear as though Cable is the copycat instead of the other way around.

At any rate, just a thought. But as they work to streamline the character a bit, including visually, I say keep him a cyborg with the T-O virus as it makes him more physically durable/resistant to injury and also nerfs his psychic powers so that he’s not ridiculously powerful (and thus has to rely on his skills and weapons more) but maybe make it so that the virus is more internal and externally he appears whole. This would give him more of a Terminator type vibe too, in that injuries could expose the techno organics underneath until he is able to repair his external “skin” to cover it up.

Random thought, I know. But this is the Cable thread after all.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This just popped in my head while looking at some posters for the upcoming Falcon & Winter Soldier Disney+ series, as Bucky kind of stole Cable’s cybernetic left arm schtick, even though Nathan had it first obviously in the comics. But to the outside world and folks not as well-versed in the comic lore, it might appear as though Cable is the copycat instead of the other way around.
    I think that most movie viewers know that Cable has one too and know it's not stolen from the Winter Solider concept. Deadpool 2 showcased it and he's been in media and tv longer than Bucky's arm has. But I do like the idea of going back to that and if the arm gets damaged you see the TO damage similar to the Terminator.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I think that most movie viewers know that Cable has one too and know it's not stolen from the Winter Solider concept. Deadpool 2 showcased it and he's been in media and tv longer than Bucky's arm has. But I do like the idea of going back to that and if the arm gets damaged you see the TO damage similar to the Terminator.
    Yeah, and I did like how they made Cable’s arm look like knitted together cables in Deadpool 2, and weirdly “viral” in the scene with his shirt off; which was a stark contrast to Becky’s purely bionic arm. Having said that, I think a more streamlined look for Cable going forward could involve him using the synth skin feature again. Just makes sense that he’d be able to do this. And it would make any battle damage he sustains even more stark, as it would expose his techno-organics underneath (like a Terminator). This used to happen quite a bit back in the day actually.