Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

The difference here though is Nate is back in his original time. he is not displaces, it just seems people are willing to take the risk. So he is only really potentially destroying the future and hoping that doesn't affect the past, but there are a lot of people running around with memories of those instances and then there is tempo so i'm sure scott got this.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

So if he doesn’t go forward and finish growing up in the future, he somehow still came back to the past as an adult and thus it doesn’t undo what he already did? Even though the timeline he was raised in never happens? Highly confusing, so I’m not sure Scott does got this honestly. Hmm... but he seems to think he does. So I guess we’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So if he doesn’t go forward and finish growing up in the future, he somehow still came back to the past as an adult and thus it doesn’t undo what he already did? Even though the timeline he was raised in never happens? Highly confusing, so I’m not sure Scott does got this honestly. Hmm... but he seems to think he does. So I guess we’ll see.
    They literally only sent their son in the future to save his life. Scott has resources he didn't have them, and mutants with powers at his disposal he didn't. Either way i'm good.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Hey, if he can find a way not to destroy the entire timeline and still keep his son a teenager here in the present more power to him. But I’m obviously rooting against him on that. I want the old guy back.

Hey, if he can find a way not to destroy the entire timeline and still keep his son a teenager here in the present more power to him. But I’m obviously rooting against him on that. I want the old guy back.
    good luck not destroying the timeline by destroying the timeline

Agreed. Scott acts like he didn’t even know the older version of his son. It’s bizarre honestly.

Having said that, I fully expect that the older version is coming back... or an older version. Characters, especially ones that are popular and have appeared in other media, almost always revert to their status quo look. So when that happens, I do hope that the big silver haired guy keeps the Light of Galador. Because it’s kind of rad seeing him use it honestly, as this issue demonstrates.
    Honestly an easy fix for all of this would have been if Kid Cable hadn’t been introduced by killing his older self. If Ahab had killed OG Cable and then Kid Cable came in to fix the timeline he could have gotten away with all that **** talking only to now realize that he’s not up to snuff. It would also explain everyone else accepting old Cable’s death because it would have been caused by an outside force.

Cable timeline, like Rachel and Bishop timelines happens. There is multiple future timelines, you can change it but you already lived it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Cable timeline, like Rachel and Bishop timelines happens. There is multiple future timelines, you can change it but you already lived it.
    Plus, how much of Cable's history isn't on panel yet?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I'm confused as well. I will read the issue later today, but if the Clan Askani timeline ceases to exist then Cable disappears as he would have died as a child of the TO virus. And that fundamentally changes the timeline, nevermind he never came back earlier in the timeline either. Also means that Rachel never goes into that future and remains Phoenix. Whereas if the idea that the Clan Askani timeline becomes an AU then it would work in a sense. I'm sure the issue may resolve some of the confusion for me barring a full review being available.

It doesn’t. Scott basically says that by staying here Nathan prevents his dystopian future from happening. Which is problematic for a whole lot of reasons. They just need to wrap up this Kid Cable storyline, bring the OG back and forget about it. It’s a mess.

It doesn’t. Scott basically says that by staying here Nathan prevents his dystopian future from happening. Which is problematic for a whole lot of reasons. They just need to wrap up this Kid Cable storyline, bring the OG back and forget about it. It’s a mess.
    COOL.

Nothing like breaking all the rules of time and space for an "ok" version of a character and have no consequences when there was an entire event dedicated to the consequences of people living outside their timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    COOL.

Nothing like breaking all the rules of time and space for an "ok" version of a character and have no consequences when there was an entire event dedicated to the consequences of people living outside their timeline.
    I hope this is a misdirection, even if it is a bad misdirection that makes Scott looks bad. Makes zero sense.
    I even have my doubts that this kid Cable is really Cable

That’s the only twist that would kind of save this stupid plot line at this point IMO. If it turned out that Kid Cable was actually Kid Stryfe and at some point he replaced him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I hope this is a misdirection, even if it is a bad misdirection that makes Scott looks bad. Makes zero sense.
    I even have my doubts that this kid Cable is really Cable
    Same and same. Scott knows all too well what happens if you mess around with the timeline and how dire it can be seeing as he blipped out when his teen self died for a hot second.

That’s the only twist that would kind of save this stupid plot line at this point IMO. If it turned out that Kid Cable was actually Kid Stryfe and at some point he replaced him.
    I'm also of the thought that "Kid Cable" is actually Stryfe and that he is who came back with Rachel and who she mindwiped while Nate stayed in his timeline. That would be one of the only ways to explain why Scott would be so casual about breaking all the rules that he himself knows the consequences of. It might explain why he literally is getting treated with kid gloves by the family and why he has a slightly different personality and way about him than the previous Kid Nate. Also explains why some of his knowledge is different from what actually happened in the X-Force run (Domino, Stryfe, etc).

Just got done reading this. Wow. This SUCKED. It completely ignores canon and makes everyone involved come away from it looking like jerks. I totally called this in my post in the preview thread; Scott would rather let the timeline implode by keeping the teenage version of his son than getting the adult one back, even after all the good Old Cable has done for them and the fact that he has his own child to raise and his own friends that miss him. I’m 99% sure making Scott look like a selfish POS wasn’t Duggan’s intention, but I really wish it was because that would be a fascinating development to explore when Old Cable comes back. If I were Nate, I’d be furious with him and Jean and everyone else who went along with this stupidity.