Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 201
  1. #166
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Strong personality, capable fighter, usually one step ahead of everyone else, and chloe is amazing actress. Not just in kick ass but in her general filmography...

    Im not talking a carbon copy by any stretch. Just the playfulness that chloe brings to her characters

    May not require an R but definitely dont want it to be made for the kids you know. Have fun with the character and her empowered sexual history...


    If pg doesnt look physical different from the slim or girly supergirl then why do pg at all. She needs to be womanly, strong, buff...

    If that means sending an actress to the gym for 6 months or if that means casting a body builder that can act, either way im good
    Body builder women tend to be flat-chested and rippling with muscles. A certain amount of body fat is necessary to get those female curves. Big boobs is big boobs, it doesn't mean fat.

  2. #167
    Fantastic Member Menacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kalbfus View Post
    Body builder women tend to be flat-chested and rippling with muscles. A certain amount of body fat is necessary to get those female curves. Big boobs is big boobs, it doesn't mean fat.

    There are copious amounts of super fit women with large breasts both natural and fake. In fact a woman only really looks good with large breast when she has the athletic small waist look.

    Im not talking all out bodybuilder.

    Im talking fitness model or bikini class type girls.

    Also you demonstrate you know nothing of those sports ... again i wasnt talking about competition lean.

    Vast majority of bodybuilders have an off season which is the majority of the year and a stage body... usually like 6 weeks out of the year.

    I didnt post a female physic in stage ready physic. Im talking off season.

    I recieved a few months training from a second overall in the world bikini class body builder... she was carved out of stone for the show but at no time before or after that did I ever see her super muscled and dehydrated and cut... she hated doing it cause its a lot of weeks of prep.



    Like how big a boobs does she need?
    I'd think DD is fine and maybe the costume would accentuate them.

    But frankly PG is often in the FF or GG range... but again women could be found who have the physic ...

    Frankly PG isnt an oscar worthy type character, as long as shes fun, charming and feels authentic..

    Did Gal prove ww just need a really charming gracious and authentic actress.

    The physic I posted before is all over the place

    This Stephanie chick is YouTube famous. Also had a very PG physic
    .
    32440421_2115391912064802_658916595308953600_o.jpg
    .
    .
    3C114CF300000578-0-image-a-105_1484208341967.jpg


    If the woman that plays PG isnt a total fitness chick then nothing sets her apart from the younger supergirl

  3. #168
    Extraordinary Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    5,195

    Default

    Are we really trying to justify why people that fly and get into fights but never sustain any physical scarring, bruising or any sort of flaw in their features don't have body types that make sense.

    What can Karen OR CLARK OR KARA OR ANY KRYPTONIAN lift that offers enough resistance to get so shredded? They'd all be 90 pounds or obese depending on their diets.

    Nothing about them is natural. They fly for heaven's sake. Why are we so concerned about how Karen's body directs fat?

    Goddammit, why does every discussion about Power Girl end up here? It's depressing.

  4. #169
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Are we really trying to justify why people that fly and get into fights but never sustain any physical scarring, bruising or any sort of flaw in their features don't have body types that make sense.

    What can Karen OR CLARK OR KARA OR ANY KRYPTONIAN lift that offers enough resistance to get so shredded? They'd all be 90 pounds or obese depending on their diets.

    Nothing about them is natural. They fly for heaven's sake. Why are we so concerned about how Karen's body directs fat?

    Goddammit, why does every discussion about Power Girl end up here? It's depressing.
    Which is why I'd cast the best actress I could find, rather than someone who hits a physical checklist. Which would be problematic because the Ross style is only one style that PG was depicted in; and the least used one. More commonly, PG really hasn't been all that unusual for comic book superheroines. She's just normally tall and big. Very close actually to Wonder Woman in build.

  5. #170
    Mighty Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    First off, in a Power Girl movie/TV show you don't have to and shouldn't reference Supergirl at all. Though PG had her genesis in being the Earth 2 version of SG, that's about all she has in common with SG, and in universe has little to do with her. As for Superman...well, I admit it would be too cute by half to simply not mention him at all....but the mention could be kept to an off-hand reference by PG to baby Kal, to another character, or perhaps that's part of the point of a PG movie, showing her try to get to him on Earth from wherever she ends up, (why do all Kryptonians seem to go to Earth?) before getting to Earth. In fact, the multiverse concept could be left out in a first movie or early TV show episodes.

    It's just a stripped down origin story focusing on PG and HER story, not anyone else's. That movie wouldn't even care that SG exists, and care little about SM. The movie would spend the time it would have wasted confusing general audiences with talk about a character who doesn't even show up instead on PG's character and the hopefully simple plot. And instead of concentrating on casting a body builder or fitness model who looks the Ross part but can't act and locks her into that role, I'd go for the best actress who can sort of look the part, and give her a few months to work out and practice stunt fighting. And the best actors to support her.

    It's not rocket science; she's actually one of the easiest characters DC has to do a proper movie about.
    I disagree. I would still keep that as a familiar touch stone for people who don't know the character. She is Superman's cousin but her life took her on a different path, she created her own identity, she lost her world only to end up in a universe where she is a stranger to people whom she is familiar with. A PG focused story should be about how he is different from regular Supergirl.

  6. #171
    Fantastic Member Menacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Are we really trying to justify why people that fly and get into fights but never sustain any physical scarring, bruising or any sort of flaw in their features don't have body types that make sense.

    What can Karen OR CLARK OR KARA OR ANY KRYPTONIAN lift that offers enough resistance to get so shredded? They'd all be 90 pounds or obese depending on their diets.

    Nothing about them is natural. They fly for heaven's sake. Why are we so concerned about how Karen's body directs fat?

    Goddammit, why does every discussion about Power Girl end up here? It's depressing.
    Huh?

    So you arent happy to see Thor portrayed by Chris as muscular god like figure?

    You arent happy to see Ben Portray Bruce/Batman as super muscled?

    You arent happy to see Aquaman portrayed by Mamoa muscled up???

    Dont get me wrong keaton is my favorite batman but Tim had a very unique take. ALSO as Batman Keaton in the suit looks muscled and athletic...

    We are talking about Superheroes here right?

    To hope for these heroes to be portrayed by athletic actors or actors willing to get in shape is not strange..

    If they cast for a boxing movie they get in boxing shape.

    Shit the marvel actors like Scarlett Johansson had ridiculous diets and fitnesses regimes

    Reeves got in except shape, he was a skinny twig before being cast. Henry got in shape.


    If you were casting a movie about an Olympic runner or Olympic lifter it wouldnt be weird or rude for the audience to expect or hope for an actor that lives up to the physic.



    Sure I love Gal as wonder woman, the fact gal doesnt have big boobs or big muscles doesn't ruin gals performance... she deserved a better sequal but shes consistently the best part of any wonder woman film. I ADORE HER.

    Ultimately a well made movie is what we want

    Also ive been body building for like 4 years. Its pretty lame when im more jacked then the actors portraying superheroes

    20210117_135024-removebg-preview.jpg
    .
    20210121_181325-01-removebg-preview-01.jpg
    Last edited by Menacer; 01-24-2021 at 08:20 PM.

  7. #172
    Extraordinary Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    5,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Huh?

    So you arent happy to see Thor portrayed by Chris as muscular god like figure?

    You arent happy to see Ben Portray Bruce/Batman as super muscled?

    You arent happy to see Aquaman portrayed by Mamoa muscled up???

    Dont get me wrong keaton is my favorite batman but Tim had a very unique take. ALSO as Batman Keaton in the suit looks muscled and athletic...

    We are talking about Superheroes here right?

    To hope for these heroes to be portrayed by athletic actors or actors willing to get in shape is not strange..

    If they cast for a boxing movie they get in boxing shape.

    Shit the marvel actors like Scarlett Johansson had ridiculous diets and fitnesses regimes

    Reeves got in except shape, he was a skinny twig before being cast. Henry got in shape.


    If you were casting a movie about an Olympic runner or Olympic lifter it wouldnt be weird or rude for the audience to expect or hope for an actor that lives up to the physic.



    Sure I love Gal as wonder woman, the fact gal doesnt have big boobs or big muscles doesn't ruin gals performance... she deserved a better sequal but shes consistently the best part of any wonder woman film. I ADORE HER.

    Ultimately a well made movie is what we want

    Also ive been body building for like 4 years. Its pretty lame when im more jacked then the actors portraying superheroes

    20210117_135024-removebg-preview.jpg
    .
    20210121_181325-01-removebg-preview-01.jpg
    Every discussion about Thor isn't about his pecs, nor does it come down to it eventually. This is a chronic issue thrown specifically at Karen.

    You brought up Mamoa. Awesome. He's not my favorite Aquaman. His performance (as kind of a lovable idiot bro) doesn't reflect the character I'm reading in the books. He also doesn't look anything like Arthur traditionally, but you're fine with him being Aquaman.

    You brought up Gal and how she doesn't have Diana's physique or breasts. Great. That doesn't matter to your take on Gal. I understand wanting a character to look like they do on the page, I'd like a 1-to-1 translation of all the characters I love, and yes that means a strong and buxom PG who is body positive.

    But it's not the end of the goddamn world if she's not ripped. There has never been a Bruce Wayne who looked as shredded as he does in the books. We've never even had a blue-eyed Bruce in any movie. Nobody gives a damn. Everyone praises Affleck and he shares only some passing resemblance to Bruce Wayne by description, but not how he's been drawn. Same with Pattinson who is getting tons of praise (from myself included).

    But it's always about Karen's physique with an emphasis on her breasts. It has to stop, goddammit.

    I'm saying that I don't care if traditional body builder types aren't busty and therefor Karen shouldn't be whatever. It's superhero comics. This shit doesn't follow any other rules, why should I care if Clark being absolutely shredded means he has to go somewhere and lift a sun for ten reps across four sets for years? I don't. He's just shredded because it's a visual medium. Karen happens to be a strong women with large breasts. I don't need to know her calorie intake and how her body spreads fat tissue to justify it.

    achilles is correct in his assessment that acting matters most. Reeve is still the face of Superman half a century later and his lack of muscle definition (he had mass but not a lot of definition) doesn't hurt that at all because he was Superman. I have no doubts whoever gets cast as PG in a feature film (which likely will never happen) would hit the gym and at least look fit. That's not a concern of mine. If she's not stacked, well it ain't the end of the world and I don't really see why it matters so much to discuss it.

    There's more to Power Girl than her body.
    Last edited by Robanker; 01-24-2021 at 09:01 PM.

  8. #173
    Fantastic Member Menacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Every discussion about Thor isn't about his pecs, nor does it come down to it eventually. This is a chronic issue thrown specifically at Karen.

    You brought up Mamoa. Awesome. He's not my favorite Aquaman. His performance (as kind of a lovable idiot bro) doesn't reflect the character I'm reading in the books. He also doesn't look anything like Arthur traditionally, but you're fine with him being Aquaman.

    You brought up Gal and how she doesn't have Diana's physique or breasts. Great. That doesn't matter to your take on Gal. I understand wanting a character to look like they do on the page, I'd like a 1-to-1 translation of all the characters I love, and yes that means a strong and buxom PG who is body positive.

    But it's not the end of the goddamn world if she's not ripped. There has never been a Bruce Wayne who looked as shredded as he does in the books. We've never even had a blue-eyed Bruce in any movie. Nobody gives a damn. Everyone praises Affleck and he shares only some passing resemblance to Bruce Wayne by description, but not how he's been drawn. Same with Pattinson who is getting tons of praise (from myself included).

    But it's always about Karen's physique with an emphasis on her breasts. It has to stop, goddammit.

    I'm saying that I don't care if traditional body builder types aren't busty and therefor Karen shouldn't be whatever. It's superhero comics. This shit doesn't follow any other rules, why should I care if Clark being absolutely shredded means he has to go somewhere and lift a sun for ten reps across four sets for years? I don't. He's just shredded because it's a visual medium. Karen happens to be a strong women with large breasts. I don't need to know her calorie intake and how her body spreads fat tissue to justify it.

    achilles is correct in his assessment that acting matters most. Reeve is still the face of Superman half a century later and his lack of muscle definition (he had mass but not a lot of definition) doesn't hurt that at all because he was Superman. I have no doubts whoever gets cast as PG in a feature film (which likely will never happen) would hit the gym and at least look fit. That's not a concern of mine. If she's not stacked, well it ain't the end of the world and I don't really see why it matters so much to discuss it.

    There's more to Power Girl than her body.
    Hmm well frankly people do talk about whether PATTISON is buff enough or not.

    Also if you read my post I did comment on how I thought Chloe Moretz had a real charm on screen. Also she doesnt have big boobs..


    The fact I want a character from the comics to be portrayed as closely to the page if they were say Conan wouldnt be a problem... but some how PG being often portrayed as pretty thick is...

    But sure feel free to focus on that one component of my post.

    Your points about aquaman are valid. Fact is I never thought aquaman was cool til momoa, neither did the majority of the rest of the world.

    At the end of the day there are all sorts of ways to intrepid a character, and whether it's on the page or on screen costume appearance or character physic will be discussed.

    Along with things like how annoying Bales bat voice was or why Keaton could never be xyz fanboys favorite cause he wasnt in shape.

  9. #174
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Every discussion about Thor isn't about his pecs, nor does it come down to it eventually. This is a chronic issue thrown specifically at Karen.

    You brought up Mamoa. Awesome. He's not my favorite Aquaman. His performance (as kind of a lovable idiot bro) doesn't reflect the character I'm reading in the books. He also doesn't look anything like Arthur traditionally, but you're fine with him being Aquaman.

    You brought up Gal and how she doesn't have Diana's physique or breasts. Great. That doesn't matter to your take on Gal. I understand wanting a character to look like they do on the page, I'd like a 1-to-1 translation of all the characters I love, and yes that means a strong and buxom PG who is body positive.

    But it's not the end of the goddamn world if she's not ripped. There has never been a Bruce Wayne who looked as shredded as he does in the books. We've never even had a blue-eyed Bruce in any movie. Nobody gives a damn. Everyone praises Affleck and he shares only some passing resemblance to Bruce Wayne by description, but not how he's been drawn. Same with Pattinson who is getting tons of praise (from myself included).

    But it's always about Karen's physique with an emphasis on her breasts. It has to stop, goddammit.

    I'm saying that I don't care if traditional body builder types aren't busty and therefor Karen shouldn't be whatever. It's superhero comics. This shit doesn't follow any other rules, why should I care if Clark being absolutely shredded means he has to go somewhere and lift a sun for ten reps across four sets for years? I don't. He's just shredded because it's a visual medium. Karen happens to be a strong women with large breasts. I don't need to know her calorie intake and how her body spreads fat tissue to justify it.

    achilles is correct in his assessment that acting matters most. Reeve is still the face of Superman half a century later and his lack of muscle definition (he had mass but not a lot of definition) doesn't hurt that at all because he was Superman. I have no doubts whoever gets cast as PG in a feature film (which likely will never happen) would hit the gym and at least look fit. That's not a concern of mine. If she's not stacked, well it ain't the end of the world and I don't really see why it matters so much to discuss it.

    There's more to Power Girl than her body.
    Beyond which as I said, the specific depiction referred to there was first done by Alex Ross, and then mostly by him and a couple of JSA artists who followed him, but only that. I'd say about 10% of Power Girl's total comic book appearances had her with Ross' bodybuilder look. Why fixate on the look people have least likely seen and one that pleases....a few people and limits the actresses you look at in casting? Mostly, Kara looks like the Sears or Connor look, or a more generic comic book woman. Honestly, I'd spend less time worrying about how she looks and more time worrying about getting the best actress to play her.

  10. #175
    Fantastic Member Menacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Beyond which as I said, the specific depiction referred to there was first done by Alex Ross, and then mostly by him and a couple of JSA artists who followed him, but only that. I'd say about 10% of Power Girl's total comic book appearances had her with Ross' bodybuilder look. Why fixate on the look people have least likely seen and one that pleases....a few people and limits the actresses you look at in casting? Mostly, Kara looks like the Sears or Connor look, or a more generic comic book woman. Honestly, I'd spend less time worrying about how she looks and more time worrying about getting the best actress to play her.
    Both Batman and Power Girl, or any Superhero has been portrayed many ways, with many costumes, with many physics.

    Im allowed to have a favorite, im allowed to talk about my favorite. Im allowed to fixate on any hero or fictional character and choose and discuss a favorite

    Period.

    Everyone has a version of a character they like most.


    Screenshot_20210125-082455_Chrome.jpg

    .
    Power girl or batman, or whoever..
    Depending on the artist or actor have been depicted many ways.

    PG from the start had varying depictions.

    If we didnt have favourites or opinions what would we even discuss on here?


    For example I would prefer marvels hulk be depicted by a real person in make up. Opposed to cgi... a huge bodybuilder, and force perspective him to make him look bigger

    But most would like disagree with that.
    .
    Screenshot_20210125-082418_Chrome.jpg

  11. #176
    Leftbrownie Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,371

    Default

    Everyone in this thread needs to learn the word physique. You are all failling

  12. #177
    Traveler of omniverses Thor-Ul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halfway between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    3,178

    Default

    Don't look at me. English is my second languarge.
    "Words change our spirits, but we also change the spirit of the words "

  13. #178
    Leftbrownie Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,371

    Default

    Mine too. But I ain't judging, just shocked that literally everyone here aside from myself misspelled the word

  14. #179
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Never trust those borrowed French Words.

  15. #180
    Traveler of omniverses Thor-Ul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halfway between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    3,178

    Default

    Back on track I add to those who prefer a good actress and a good plot and script over an strictly physical casting election. Image in characters is always changing and a good story helps to overcame that kind of aspects than became details. I prefer an story which is faithfull to the comic origins than an story who could go anywhere but would have a more physical exact Karen.
    "Words change our spirits, but we also change the spirit of the words "

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •