Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Mine too. But I ain't judging, just shocked that literally everyone here aside from myself misspelled the word
    Hey, you are lucky you got an attempt at full on words! This is the era of text speak

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I think Powergirl would need an actual direction character wise before DC/WB would consider her for a lead in a movie. What would a Powergirl movie even be about?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I think Powergirl would need an actual direction character wise before DC/WB would consider her for a lead in a movie. What would a Powergirl movie even be about?
    That would be the pitch. It could be about her getting to Earth or Earth 2, whichever they go with. It could be about her early days on said Earth. Really, it could go many directions.

I'm all for a Power Girl movie. Would love to see an animated PG movie or an Earth 2 tv series. I might try to make it a period piece. If Kal was out doing his stuff back in the 30s, Karen could have arrived in the 70s or 80s. Then again, it probably wouldn't matter depending how Kryptonians age.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    That would be the pitch. It could be about her getting to Earth or Earth 2, whichever they go with. It could be about her early days on said Earth. Really, it could go many directions.
    But there we are back to square one. What it makes her different from Supergirl?? It is the (basically) same story.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    But there we are back to square one. What it makes her different from Supergirl?? It is the (basically) same story.
    We're fine. Anyone who knows PG knows what makes her different from SG. Broadly, her personality, her experience, and whatever her origin story is these days.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I'm all for a Power Girl movie. Would love to see an animated PG movie or an Earth 2 tv series. I might try to make it a period piece. If Kal was out doing his stuff back in the 30s, Karen could have arrived in the 70s or 80s. Then again, it probably wouldn't matter depending how Kryptonians age.
    If you go by the show Krypton, Kryptonian have a natural lifespan of from 200 to 300 years, as Superman's grandfather lived during the 18th century. This is without superpowers.

We're fine. Anyone who knows PG knows what makes her different from SG. Broadly, her personality, her experience, and whatever her origin story is these days.
    But not everyone who goes to see movies knows about Power Girl, just us, readers. Without something in her story to make her stand apart, she is just a Supergirl clone. What it makes her different from other superheroines (and I'm not talking about her boobs, please). What kind of motivations does she have? Why does she what she does? Which obstacles has she to overcome? What she have to learn?

For example: Supergirl, in her series started with a simple but very direct motivation: she was send to earth with a mission, to take care of his cousin. But when she arrived, she discovered her mission was no more and she spend her life hidding, trying to fit in and lacking an objetive. The story starts when she decides to asume a new mission in life, exposing herself to the world.

Taking this as reference, which path should PG go?
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 01-28-2021 at 02:10 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Most cartoon fans say that Supergirl in the DC Superhero Girls show is Power Girl is all but name. Since she’s acts like Karen not Kara.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I think DC Superhero Girls, the animated series and shorts knocked it out of the park with the character. If they can make a Harley Quinn movie and a Stargirl series why not?
    This picked my curiosity and I have to see what was that about and find an episode ("Power surge")which... well, It had "Power Girl" but it resumes exactly the problem with the character. But it is right: the Supergirl of the show is Powergirl in all but the name. They even joked about, by defining POwergirl as being everything SUpergirl is not.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    And that is the real challenge.

Extraordinary Member

This picked my curiosity and I have to see what was that about and find an episode ("Power surge")which... well, It had "Power Girl" but it resumes exactly the problem with the character. But it is right: the Supergirl of the show is Powergirl in all but the name. They even joked about, by defining POwergirl as being everything SUpergirl is not.

And that is the real challenge.
    Not a problem at all. Most of the posters here could at least advance a good direction for PG. There are plenty to choose from. Doing a good job of telling a story based on a good idea is another thing perhaps, but at the very least picking a direction for PG is no problem at all.

I think she can work as a supporting character for Supergirl. Kinda like what Nightwing did for Tim back when he was starting out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think she can work as a supporting character for Supergirl. Kinda like what Nightwing did for Tim back when he was starting out.
    No. Never. Never ever. Not even if that was the only way for her to get published.

No. Never. Never ever. Not even if that was the only way for her to get published.
    Beggars can't be choosers. Even as a supporting character, something can be build from there.

Spectacular Member

Beggars can't be choosers. Even as a supporting character, something can be build from there.
    I don't think Powergirl would need to beg.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kalbfus View Post
    I don't think Powergirl would need to beg.
    To justify a feature film when she has no supporting cast, setting, villains or really an independent slice of the DCU that doesn't rely on others heroes for context? Sadly, she does need to beg in that case. I love Karen, she's one of my favorite characters, but there's no real reason to give her a film right now.