Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Great character and I love what Simone did with him in Villains United and Secret Six.

I’d love to see him back in Gotham for a bit and still as an outsider to the heroes and villains. I think there could be some gold found in him interacting between the different characters. A good amount to explore between him and Batman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Batgirl (Barbara) and some of Gotham’s villains.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Great character and I love what Simone did with him in Villains United and Secret Six.

I’d love to see him back in Gotham for a bit and still as an outsider to the heroes and villains. I think there could be some gold found in him interacting between the different characters. A good amount to explore between him and Batman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Batgirl (Barbara) and some of Gotham’s villains.
    I completely agree. There's Gail elevated him from this z level status to a character with so much potential. His gray area status...not quite hero, not quite villain just someone out there doing his own thing. I want someone to pick his character up and do a proper series with him. Give him some agency beyond just your average bad guy (and a much better costume than the one they keep going back to (like in the Pride special.)

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I completely agree. There's Gail elevated him from this z level status to a character with so much potential. His gray area status...not quite hero, not quite villain just someone out there doing his own thing. I want someone to pick his character up and do a proper series with him. Give him some agency beyond just your average bad guy (and a much better costume than the one they keep going back to (like in the Pride special.)
    I agree. I’m interested in him reclaiming his life in Gotham, as a member of Gotham society and his own dual identity that plays off of or contrasts the Bruce Wayne/Batman dynamic. There are a number of heroes and villains that fall into that category and I’m always interested in some of the subterfuge that happens between those individuals and the roles they play.

With his attitude, fighting, tracking and hunting abilities, I could see Thomas being someone other characters want to hire to find someone (not unlike a bounty hunter), for better or worse, and how those missions or jobs could see Thomas travel the DCU and cause conflict with his moral code and values.

At least that’s how I’d write/edit him.

I love the costume costume Simone and Eaglesham came up for him and how blatantly Batman-ish and Catwoman-ish it is. That could say something about his character right there.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I agree. I’m interested in him reclaiming his life in Gotham, as a member of Gotham society and his own dual identity that plays off of or contrasts the Bruce Wayne/Batman dynamic. There are a number of heroes and villains that fall into that category and I’m always interested in some of the subterfuge that happens between those individuals and the roles they play.

With his attitude, fighting, tracking and hunting abilities, I could see Thomas being someone other characters want to hire to find someone (not unlike a bounty hunter), for better or worse, and how those missions or jobs could see Thomas travel the DCU and cause conflict with his moral code and values.

At least that’s how I’d write/edit him.

I love the costume costume Simone and Eaglesham came up for him and how blatantly Batman-ish and Catwoman-ish it is. That could say something about his character right there.

Which is this? The one from the New 52 series? I do actually like that one and wouldn't mind if he continued wearing it at all..especially if it were for a story something like what you suggested (great job by the way.)

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

James Riot Sketch.

CatmanJamesRiot.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I forget the name, but I remember there was one book from the mid 2000s some time where he teamed up with Huntress. It had a rather odd scene of heavy flirting at their base when he takes off his shirt in front of her and she's like "yes, please!"
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe in Secret Six?
    CATMAN/HUNTRESS = Inspired from jump!

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Huntress and Catman had an awesome chemistry together.

Sooooooo........anyone else think the new Kraven trailer was more Catman than Kraven???

Sooooooo........anyone else think the new Kraven trailer was more Catman than Kraven???
    I was thinking that with a little creative editing, "This is a CAT-MAN movie."
    Aaron Taylor-Johnson makes a quiet fetching Thomas Blake.

Last edited by Thirteen; 06-20-2023 at 02:20 AM.

Catman made another appearance in the 2023 Pride special alongside Ghostmaker...apparently they hit it off rather well. lol

Attachment 132320

Attachment 132321
    Was there an introduction to Thomas Blake being bi-sexual/fluid before that Pride Special?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Was there an introduction to Thomas Blake being bi-sexual/fluid before that Pride Special?
    Secret Six, both series...lots of innuendo between him and Deadshot. Maybe have been a scene that more than suggested, can't remember off the top of my head.

Secret Six, both series...lots of innuendo between him and Deadshot. Maybe have been a scene that more than suggested, can't remember off the top of my head.
    Looks like I have some back issue collection to do. Thanks!
    Good article about Simone's development of this aspect of the character (with an unfortunate choice of main article image - using the serial killer misogynist Batman from LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT:HEAT)

Looks like I have some back issue collection to do. Thanks!
    Good article about Simone's development of this aspect of the character (with an unfortunate choice of main article image - using the serial killer misogynist Batman from LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT:HEAT)
    Yeah, that’s definitely not Thomas.

I could also see a storyline with Catman where he helps improve the skills of other C-list villains. Characters like Hellhound, etc.

Cover to Batman: Shadow of the Bat #44.

BSofBat44.jpg

McFarlane Toys is coming out with a Cat-Man action figure.

CatManFigure.jpg