Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I feel like his modus operandi is SATURDAY MORNING CARTOON

GIANT ROBOTS - check
    RACING CARS - check
    FLAMING FIGHTS - check
    EVIL CHARACTERS BEING EVIIILLLLLL - check
    HEROES LOST IN PARALLEL UNIVERSE - check
    SPACE BABY - double check
    He already said that was his approach: Every arc had to feel like an event.

Most of the events are bad and incoherent so most of this comic is bad and incoherent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What if she becomes the monstrous version in thr D+ show for like 3 seconds

Or in What if season 2
    She'll probably be savage She-Hulk at first, although I don't know if that'll reflect the Aaron era design.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She'll probably be savage She-Hulk at first, although I don't know if that'll reflect the Aaron era design.
    Yeah, I expect her to be mostly in regular design in the show

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I don't get what Jason Aaron is trying to do with the title. It's the worse the Avengers have been since... The Crossing?

Also, The Phoenix should get a restraining order from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    He is 'putting his mark' on the title.

Oh, he's marking it. Marking EVERYTHING.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Oh, he's marking it. Marking EVERYTHING.

LMAO! Oh Rev, you were so "on the mark" with this one! If you would have put his face on that dog doing that, I would have just, well, wet myself, LOL!!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 04-16-2021 at 12:19 PM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Is Avengers worth picking up at the moment and who is currently on the team

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    Is Avengers worth picking up at the moment and who is currently on the team
    I'm not currently reading it, but if you go back a few pages, you'll see that opinions in general about it don't seem very favorable (though some claim to like it because you don't have to know anything of what came before to get into it, something that, as a long-time Avengers fan, doesn't hold much appeal to me, in particular).
    As For the line-up, I believe it's still Black Panther (leader), Captain America, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Thor, She-Hulk (or Hulk, as they seem to prefer calling her now), Ghost Rider (the one with the car) and Blade.

Peace

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I'm not currently reading it, but if you go back a few pages, you'll see that opinions in general about it don't seem very favorable (though some claim to like it because you don't have to know anything of what came before to get into it, something that, as a long-time Avengers fan, doesn't hold much appeal to me, in particular).
    As For the line-up, I believe it's still Black Panther (leader), Captain America, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Thor, She-Hulk (or Hulk, as they seem to prefer calling her now), Ghost Rider (the one with the car) and Blade.

Peace
    I think the new Phoenix, Echo, has joined the team now too

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I don't get what Jason Aaron is trying to do with the title. It's the worse the Avengers have been since... The Crossing?

Also, The Phoenix should get a restraining order from him.
    Please don’t insult The Crossing that way. Aaron is much worse.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    He is 'putting his mark' on the title.
    Like when a cat pees on something?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I actually don't mind so much The Crossing (it had, IMHO, fun moments, and, yes, absolutely TERRIBLE moments), but I know how much it's vilified in general. That's quite a bold statement.

I also LOL at the restraining order comment.

Now, them's fighting words. I liked some things in John's run, but Austen is, for me, the absolute worst point in Avengers history (and don't even get me started on how I despise Bendis' run, and he is not my most hated Avengers writer. That's HOW MUCH I hate Austen's run).
    I dropped Aaron's run after the second TPB, mostly because I found it BORING, and quite a bit stupid (the worst kind of stupid, the stupid that thinks he's being clever), but the level of rejection this run is getting is impressive. It's amazing how someone can go so wrong when putting the Avengers to clash with the Russian Super-Soldiers/ Winter Guard and the Squadron Supreme. That should have been an easy win.

Peace
    The Crossing > Austen > Johns > Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

Most of the events are bad and incoherent so most of this comic is bad and incoherent.
    Every arc had to fit snuggly in exactly one and only one trade is more like it

The funny/sad thing about this book is that if you described it to someone without letting them read it it would sound like the most awesome comic Marvel puts out. The art is nice.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 04-17-2021 at 07:03 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

Sigh, I totally agree.

I want to love this book so much, but ever since the very first arc this title feels so disposable.

It truly feels like a Marvel book from the Golden Age, where stories don't really have any continuity with the rest of the universe and each arc is the most "epic" the most "heroic" and the most "fun" but in the end it's none of those

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

If I didn’t get free copies because I review the book, I’d have dropped this book years ago.