Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 868
  1. #661
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Now, who DON'T you want to see handling the Avengers after Aaron. Of course, it has to be someone that is an actual possibility of taking over one of Marvel's main books.

    Peace
    Cates would be the worst candidate to take over the Avengers after Aaron.

  2. #662
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    6,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    What!? I had not idea, I gotta look into it (even though I am not a big fan of Venom)
    He's co-writing w/ (edit)Ewing.He does the the Dylan Venom stuff on earth while Ewing does the Eddie cosmic stuff
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-24-2021 at 12:04 AM.

  3. #663
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Now, who DON'T you want to see handling the Avengers after Aaron. Of course, it has to be someone that is an actual possibility of taking over one of Marvel's main books.

    Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Al Ewing.
    Oh, wait, I thought it was who DO you want to see handling The Avengers .

    Um...I guess any X-Writers who write the Avengers as ineffectual and out of touch.

  4. #664
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    6,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    He's co-writing w/ Cates.He does the the Dylan Venom stuff on earth while Cates does the Eddie cosmic stuff
    Cates is off Venom; it's Ewing and Ram V currently.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  5. #665
    Extraordinary Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Cates is off Venom; it's Ewing and Ram V currently.
    Thanks. I was waiting for someone to come along & rectify that marginal slip.


  6. #666
    Astonishing Member Witchfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,499

    Default

    I want Kurt Busiek to come back.

  7. #667
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    6,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Cates is off Venom; it's Ewing and Ram V currently.
    My bad, I meant Ewing is handling cosmic stuff w/ Brock whereas Ram V will handle Dylan Venom on Earth.

  8. #668
    Astonishing Member Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I want Kurt Busiek to come back.
    I would be up for a new take, but Busiek returning would also be gold.
    I miss reading an Avengers run that really felt big and classic.

  9. #669
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,195

    Default

    Busiek is doing solid work on The Marvels right now...which I guess is kind of a team book, yet not?

  10. #670
    Incredible Member strathcona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh, wait, I thought it was who DO you want to see handling The Avengers .

    Um...I guess any X-Writers who write the Avengers as ineffectual and out of touch.
    Most of the X-writers are doing a pretty bad job with the mutants, never mind how they handle the Avengers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I would be up for a new take, but Busiek returning would also be gold.
    I miss reading an Avengers run that really felt big and classic.
    Agreed. Busiek's run was the last classic feeling Avengers book. There have been a few smaller runs that have been nice attempts since then, but for the most part Avengers has not felt right since Austen started writing the book.

  11. #671
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lower East Side
    Posts
    6,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Busiek is doing solid work on The Marvels right now...which I guess is kind of a team book, yet not?
    Busieks The Marvels has been really good. I've been enjoying it.
    "Of the many dubious things at which Tony Stark excels. Compartmentalization is easily in the top five. It's his standard operating procedure. Everyone in his life functions on a need-to-know basis" Pepper Potts

  12. #672
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    6,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Busieks The Marvels has been really good. I've been enjoying it.
    Seconded, it's been fun but I keep forgetting what the plot is lol.

  13. #673
    Astonishing Member Nomads1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro/Brazil
    Posts
    3,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Agreed. Busiek's run was the last classic feeling Avengers book. There have been a few smaller runs that have been nice attempts since then, but for the most part Avengers has not felt right since Austen started writing the book.
    I agree 100% with this,

    Peace

  14. #674
    ᱬ Master Of Chaos ᱬ Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,849

    Default

    the hold jason aaron has over the avengers books...

  15. #675
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,713

    Default

    What about Vita Ayala as the writer?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •