Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Probably to avoid the magical healing disabilities trope.
    Maybe she could be offered the choice but refuse it

Kevin Feige says that Sersi is the lead character in The Eternals movie.
    https://collider.com/eternals-marvel...75eWl-gmW7sSfk

I liked Sersi as an Avenger.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And why hasn't she healed her hearing?? All powerful Phoenix Force going on and still can't hear.
    Honestly the last issue (which was a poor excuse of a KiB tie-in) wasn't drawn as if she was reading his lips anyway.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

Kind of. It was more of a, Gemma's performance will draw most of the attention comment.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Honestly the last issue (which was a poor excuse of a KiB tie-in) wasn't drawn as if she was reading his lips anyway.
    Latest issue had Maya and Robbie talking and Robbie changes into Ghost Rider....Maya says she can't read his lips if he doesn't have any.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

Have to say I didn't like much the plot I heard for the film (I won't spoil, for I don't know how real it is). Very little respect for the original source-material.

Peace

I'm just hoping they don't tone down Sersi's personality to make her more of a standard female lead character.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just hoping they don't tone down Sersi's personality to make her more of a standard female lead character.
    You mean underdeveloped or secondary? Or do you mean just there to be attractive?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    You mean underdeveloped or secondary? Or do you mean just there to be attractive?
    Well, Sersi is kind of flamboyant and hedonistic, so I wonder if they would take those traits out to make her a more standardly heroic and "moral" female lead.

In the plot I heard (and I don't think I'm spoiling anything here. This part has been going around since fairly early), she'll be in a serious relationship with Dane, and won't be that "party girl" people usually associate with Sersi. This was one thing that bugged me. Most of the Kirby established personalities are very much different, to the point of changing (or maybe, in some cases, interchanging) the essence of the characters.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 04-30-2021 at 01:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    In the plot I heard (and I don't think I'm spoiling anything here. This part has been going around since fairly early), she'll be in a serious relationship with Dane, and won't be that "party girl" people usually associate with Sersi.
    That sounds a lot like the Avengers version. I always liked the Harras run but I never expected it to be a source for the MCU. Well, I guess everything will be a source for the MCU if it lasts long enough.

Ultimate Member

Well, Sersi is kind of flamboyant and hedonistic, so I wonder if they would take those traits out to make her a more standardly heroic and "moral" female lead.
    None of the MCU characters are hedonistic for the most part, so I doubt we'll see that. Maybe if this was a series, they might have time for it, but a movie with this huge cast probably will be more plot focused

Plus, many of the female heroes in the MCU didn't start out as especially moral anyways.
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 04-30-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    In the plot I heard (and I don't think I'm spoiling anything here. This part has been going around since fairly early), she'll be in a serious relationship with Dane, and won't be that "party girl" people usually associate with Sersi. This was one thing that bugged me. Most of the Kirby established personalities are very much different, to the point of changing (or maybe, in some cases, interchanging) the essence of the characters.

Peace
    So they MCU Guardiansed the Eternals?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    None of the MCU characters are hedonistic for the most part, so I doubt we'll see that. Maybe if this was a series, they might have time for it, but a movie with this huge cast probably will be more plot focused

Plus, many of the female heroes in the MCU didn't start out as especially moral anyways.
    I'm just thinking in terms of how she stands out and is unconventional from traditional female characters.

But I guess they already took out a lot of Wasp's personality with Hope, so I shouldn't be surprised.

If what I heard is true, yes. As I said, I can't be sure it's autentic.

Peace

Ultimate Member

I'm just thinking in terms of how she stands out and is unconventional from traditional female characters.

But I guess they already took out a lot of Wasp's personality with Hope, so I shouldn't be surprised.
    Hope was evil in the comics, though, so she's arguably improved. Janet was the one who didn't even get a personality because she only got about 3 min of screen time.

Considering the eternals are even less well known and prominent than the Guardians, this development isn't surprising