Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I really dislike what Aaron has done with She-Hulk. Why make her like classic Bruce Banner Hulk roaring and smashing. That was the whole point with her, that she was different. She's independent, a lawyer and feminine looking. Plus a lothario like Tony. So, why make her so butch and big? Really dumb imo.

Ultimate Member

What do you mean by feminine?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The best selling 21st century Avengers comic was 2000's Bendis, which never had all three of them, sometimes didn't have two, sometimes it didn't have one.
    Didn't Bendis stick Wolverine and Spider-Man on his team?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The best selling 21st century Avengers comic was 2000's Bendis, which never had all three of them, sometimes didn't have two, sometimes it didn't have one.
    Bendis did add Wolverine and Spider-Man onto his roster and the Sentry was there as well.
    From memory I think Thor was not on the title as he was going through that horrible unworthy saga.
    Hickman tried to go way too big with the Avengers, though I absolutely loved Kurt Busieks run.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I really dislike what Aaron has done with She-Hulk. Why make her like classic Bruce Banner Hulk roaring and smashing. That was the whole point with her, that she was different. She's independent, a lawyer and feminine looking. Plus a lothario like Tony. So, why make her so butch and big? Really dumb imo.
    Totally agree, Jen being smart and sexy was her persona, it certainly made her unique.
    I read where Aaron originally wanted the Hulk on the roster but due to the Immortal Hulk revamp in his own title Aaron decided to make Jen his savage Hulk. Aarons character interactions is a major weakness on this title.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

I read where Aaron originally wanted the Hulk on the roster but due to the Immortal Hulk revamp in his own title Aaron decided to make Jen his savage Hulk.
    2 red hulks, red she-hulk, a-bomb, hulk 2099, hulk killer. So many hulks he could have used. Deadpool even says to her. "why did you change? You were the me before me?"

She really was.

I just hope the disney plus show uses the classic byne she-hulk and not this one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Totally agree, Jen being smart and sexy was her persona, it certainly made her unique.
    I read where Aaron originally wanted the Hulk on the roster but due to the Immortal Hulk revamp in his own title Aaron decided to make Jen his savage Hulk. Aarons character interactions is a major weakness on this title.
    Exactly...

Bruce's issue was the abuse and repressed emotions creating multiple personalities that expressed themselves as the various Hulks.

Jen was just Jen...yes she was taller and stronger and greener...but She-Hulk was NOT a separate personality...just Jen with more confidence.

From memory I think Thor was not on the title as he was going through that horrible unworthy saga.
    Unworthy Thor was after Bendis' Avengers. Thor was running Asgard in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    In agreement with both of you. My favorite will always be Tony's team-up with the T-Bolts (Thunderbolts #12):
    I love the Alex Ross designed Heroes Return Armour. Probably my favorite Iron Man armour ever (it even beats the Silver Centurion, for not many artists could really do it justice). Too bad it lasted so little. Even the health issues redesign was, IMHO, a step down.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Exactly...

Bruce's issue was the abuse and repressed emotions creating multiple personalities that expressed themselves as the various Hulks.

Jen was just Jen...yes she was taller and stronger and greener...but She-Hulk was NOT a separate personality...just Jen with more confidence.
    100 % in agreement with the posts above.

Peace

Yeah, Aaron's She-Hulk (who he refuses to call She-Hulk) is probably one of my biggest issues with his run.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

How is Echo even holding the Phoenix without turning into a schizo?
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    How is Echo even holding the Phoenix without turning into a schizo?
    And why hasn't she healed her hearing?? All powerful Phoenix Force going on and still can't hear.

Probably to avoid the magical healing disabilities trope.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I love the Alex Ross designed Heroes Return Armour. Probably my favorite Iron Man armour ever (it even beats the Silver Centurion, for not many artists could really do it justice). Too bad it lasted so little. Even the health issues redesign was, IMHO, a step down.

Peace
    I liked it too, especially when it gained sentience