Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 199
  1. #31
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    2,198

    Default

    Just finished Avengers #41. Honestly, I loved! Inched past King In Black #3 this week. There was enough motivation and story. At the same time, I'm just a sucker for one-on-one fights. Thought the art really captured that frenetic energy of the fighting spoilers:
    Clever usage of the "art of fighting without fighting" for the Shang-Chi/Hyperion fight. Liked how Black Panther and the Batman stand-in Nighthawk attempted to one up one another until fisticuffs were the only option.
    end of spoilers

    A review on Gamesradar says that you "shut down your brain and absorb it on a completely 13-year old level" to read Avengers #41. https://www.gamesradar.com/avengers-...r-the-phoenix/ Honestly, I'm more than willing to do that for this issue. Loved it!
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  2. #32
    Mighty Member Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    My favorite Avengers story:
    The Nefaria Trilogy.
    Hero-Envy-avengers164a.jpg

  3. #33
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    My favorite Avengers story:
    The Nefaria Trilogy.
    Hero-Envy-avengers164a.jpg
    Yeah, mine too! The Count was unstoppable.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El]

    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  4. #34
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,219

    Default

    Talk about jumping the shark. Now Namor has gone super saiyan from the phoenix. To think i was actually enjoying this run in the beginning. yeesh. Aaron does write a good Tchalla though.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  5. #35
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Talk about jumping the shark. Now Namor has gone super saiyan from the phoenix. To think i was actually enjoying this run in the beginning. yeesh. Aaron does write a good Tchalla though.
    With retcon after retcon.

    And he writes a truly awful Namor.

    What a mess.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  6. #36
    Incredible Member Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Just finished Avengers #41. Honestly, I loved! Inched past King In Black #3 this week. There was enough motivation and story. At the same time, I'm just a sucker for one-on-one fights. Thought the art really captured that frenetic energy of the fighting spoilers:
    Clever usage of the "art of fighting without fighting" for the Shang-Chi/Hyperion fight. Liked how Black Panther and the Batman stand-in Nighthawk attempted to one up one another until fisticuffs were the only option.
    end of spoilers

    A review on Gamesradar says that you "shut down your brain and absorb it on a completely 13-year old level" to read Avengers #41. https://www.gamesradar.com/avengers-...r-the-phoenix/ Honestly, I'm more than willing to do that for this issue. Loved it!
    It is bad, but it is fun. Aaron has been doing great work on Black Panther

  7. #37
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    I may be in the minority here...but it is time for a team shake up. Move a bunch out, move others in, and relocate back to the Mansion in NYC.

    And start a new Avengers West.

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    4,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    My favorite Avengers story:
    The Nefaria Trilogy.
    Hero-Envy-avengers164a.jpg
    Yeah, mine too! The Count was unstoppable.
    To the utmost, I agree! Truly an all-time classic...


  9. #39
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    To the utmost, I agree! Truly an all-time classic...

    Wow, all 3 covers! I love the art, color and "power" of these covers! You are the best, K7P5V!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El]

    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  10. #40
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    To the utmost, I agree! Truly an all-time classic...

    They need to make a live action adaption of that story.

  11. #41
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    4,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wow, all 3 covers! I love the art, color and "power" of these covers! You are the best, K7P5V!
    Your welcome, Phoenixx9! The interiors were powerful, as well...


  12. #42
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I may be in the minority here...but it is time for a team shake up. Move a bunch out, move others in, and relocate back to the Mansion in NYC.

    And start a new Avengers West.
    Drop She-Hulk and Ghost Rider from the team and replace them with Scarlet Witch and Vision.

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member Nomads1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro/Brazil
    Posts
    2,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    To the utmost, I agree! Truly an all-time classic...

    Some of my strongest Comic Book childhood memories right there. This story had everything a good Avenger story should have (a lost art nowadays, seriously). Plot twists (the Lethal Legion merely being stoogies and not the actual threat. I was so looking foward to seeing Wonder Man and Smuggler/Power Man really duking it out), unbeatable odds (you don't get more unbeatable than Nefaria), general plot advancement and character progression (Wonder Man facing his fears, Iron Man's leadership style conflicting with Cap's, the return of the Vision, more powerful and robotic than ever), a great line-up (one of the best EVER. My only complaint is that, although Shooter was already working on powering-up Wasp and Wanda, the team was still too female-lite.), fantastic art and action galore. And they didn't have to artificially wimpyfy any character to make another look coller. Thor was still the Avengers (and Marvel's) biggest gun (as he should be), but Wonder Man, Iron Man and Vision all had chance to show that they are powerhouses in their own right. Unfortunately, they don't make them like this anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I may be in the minority here...but it is time for a team shake up. Move a bunch out, move others in, and relocate back to the Mansion in NYC.

    And start a new Avengers West.
    I'd be all for it, however, what we really need is someone that really knows how to right super-heroes, and that seems a rarity nowadays.

    Peace

  14. #44
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,196

    Default

    Any bets on Heroes Reborn Reborn being an Avengers event?
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  15. #45
    Helping the Helpless Denirac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Any bets on Heroes Reborn Reborn being an Avengers event?
    It is. Marvel teased a "rebirth" for the Avengers following Enter the Phoenix.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •