Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Waid never got his real due on an Avengers title. He got such a makeshift team and stuck with event tie-ins that he never quite found his footing.
    I agree.

Peace

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Austen was right before Disassembled, right?

Wasn't that a pretty short run? Is it that bad?
    It's been a while since I read it, but I don't recall it being this bad.

And yes. It was like 2 arcs, 9 issues - if you count the New Invaders 0 issues where he finished up the second arc. Another reason why people rank Austen higher than Aaron is probably because the pain only lasted 9 issues, whereas Aaron has been torturing us for 45 issues with no end in sight.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Yeah, because if there's one thing comics fans are collectively known for, it's their calm and measured rationale when it comes to characters they like.
    I am quite aware that fan = fanatic. And collectively, I've met far more measured and rational comic fans than say, sports fans. Fans are enthusiastic and they come to their specific fandom boards to talk about what they like AND what they don't like. It is to be expected.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    That's a pretty fair point. Especially after Hickman's gloomy, nihilistic run, there's something to be said for Aaron's treating it like a big dumb goofy blockbuster. His approach reminds me quite a bit of Jeph Loeb (who also works a lot with Ed McGuinness), and like Loeb's comic runs, it's not so bad if you don't expect too much of it... they are superhero comics, after all. But I think with both Aaron and Loeb, they sometimes take even superhero comics beyond the boundaries of acceptable stupidity, if that makes sense.
    I loved Hickman's Avengers run. It was full of big ideas.

Do not care for Loeb's work.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I had not read too much of Aaron's Avengers, just a few issues here and there, but when I saw the news around issue #50 and teasing 2022 stories they did give me real Justice League vibes.

I admit that I have never enjoyed Aaron's writing and when I see so many people complain about this run, particularly choices made with interpreting characters are drastically changing things about them, of course it reinforces that view, but I do wonder how this reads to people who are relatively new to Marvel, where all this stuff is not breaking the classic stories but instead giving them their own epic moments to latch on to. That is, in 10-15 years if we are still hanging out here or somewhere similar, will we see a generation of readers singing the praises of this era?
    I'm sorry. If their 'epic' moment is to hold a fighting tournament for a cosmic force and then give it to a first round loser whose only power is to copy others -- they might want to actually read / watch something epic.

That said, Aaron's IS a good writer. Just look at his independent work. The first couple of arcs of Thor. His early Wolverine work. Some great stuff there. So, I really don't know why he's fumbled so badly on the Avengers.

Mighty Member

spoilers:

so it seems like Blade is leaving the Avengers. Looks like they're pulling a "once an avengers, always an avenger" type deal, but looks like his Avengers task is policing the Vampire State away from the main team (which is weird since he's on the cover of the Hulk with the main team).

I have a feeling they'll probably try to launch a Tomb of Dracula series out of this or something(especially with all they've been doing with the vampire state in Wolverine).

Also seems like Aaron wants his main Avengers team to mimic the BC Avengers for issue 50. So we might see Dr. Strange and/or Iron Fist return

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    spoilers:

so it seems like Blade is leaving the Avengers. Looks like they're pulling a "once an avengers, always an avenger" type deal, but looks like his Avengers task is policing the Vampire State away from the main team (which is weird since he's on the cover of the Hulk with the main team).

I have a feeling they'll probably try to launch a Tomb of Dracula series out of this or something(especially with all they've been doing with the vampire state in Wolverine).

Also seems like Aaron wants his main Avengers team to mimic the BC Avengers for issue 50. So we might see Dr. Strange and/or Iron Fist return
    I thought Blade would stick around longer, if only to give Aaron more members he seemed invested in writing for.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! They don't call him The Forgotten One for nothing...

This is why I say writers need to get a little more creative and say instead of using Thor they will use Gilgamesh or Blue Marvel....Thor has been around since the beginning and has had every story under the sun told about him....Gilgamesh and Adam give them a character to develop some more.

it was an interesting issue. The two storylines they've been building towards across multiple issues is the Vampire Nation and whatever Mephisto is up to.

I'm not gonna lie they put Blade in a weird position.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought Blade would stick around longer, if only to give Aaron more members he seemed invested in writing for.
    I always thought it was interesting because Blade was introduced as a temporary Avengers in a rotating slot and they never added him to the introductory panel with the rest of the team. I think with Echo coming in they sent him out, kinda like Dr. Strange and Black Widow. I'm wondering if this wasn't all to set-up another series. His movie is coming out at the end of next year, you'd have to think they'd want one TPB on the stands by the time that comes out.

I always thought it was interesting because Blade was introduced as a temporary Avengers in a rotating slot and they never added him to the introductory panel with the rest of the team. I think with Echo coming in they sent him out, kinda like Dr. Strange and Black Widow. I'm wondering if this wasn't all to set-up another series. His movie is coming out at the end of next year, you'd have to think they'd want one TPB on the stands by the time that comes out.
    True that.

100% agree, hopefully Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) will eventually fill that 8th slot.
    So current roster is:
    Black Panther, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, She Hulk, Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) and Echo (Phoenix).
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 04-22-2021 at 01:52 AM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

so what is the story line to follow after Heroes Reborn?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what is the story line to follow after Heroes Reborn?
    It's a she-hulk story

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    100% agree, hopefully Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) will eventually fill that 8th slot.
    So current roster is:
    Black Panther, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, She Hulk, Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) and Echo (Phoenix).
    Other than maybe the last two, there's not a lot of power diversity

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Other than maybe the last two, there's not a lot of power diversity
    outside of Captain America I'd say they are all noticeably different ability and powerwise. At least as far as the standard superhero team goes these days.
    The J-man