Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Go for scorched Earth.
    2026. We live in a timeline cursed enough that Doomsday Clock’s prophecy of a Secret Crisis comes to pass.

More seriously, who do we actually have as an alternative to Aaron? Most of the big names/rising stars have left Marvel or are on the X-books, with half the writing pool has embraced the oh so courageous view of… smugly throwing shade on the non-X characters

Aaron’s not ideal, but I fear we are in for lean years regardless

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    2026. We live in a timeline cursed enough that Doomsday Clock’s prophecy of a Secret Crisis comes to pass.

More seriously, who do we actually have as an alternative to Aaron? Most of the big names/rising stars have left Marvel or are on the X-books, with half the writing pool has embraced the oh so courageous view of… smugly throwing shade on the non-X characters

Al Ewing. Donny Cates. Chip Zdarsky. Bryan Edward Hill. Grant Morrison. Keith Giffen. Dan Abnett. Kelly Thompson. Kieron Gillen. Nick Spencer. Jim Zub. Dan Slott. Charles Soule.

Admittedly, some of these are unlikely, and others are only mediocre, but they would all be miles better than what Aaron is putting out.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

I feel like Ewing might take over Avengers at some point.

He's already done satellite books, it would be nice to see him get the main team. Zub and Thompson are in the same boat.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sadly, I can see Aaron on Avengers as long as Bendis did.

At least with Bendis Avengers, most of it was bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    It's time to give somebody else a go, I like the line-up but we need a fresh take on it.
    If I see baby Starbrand joining the team in action that'll do me.
    Christopher Priest never had the chance to write The Avengers title series. That would make for a good run with a solid artist(s).

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

Rick Remender (I miss him), Mike Carey or Christos Gage.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Christopher Priest never had the chance to write The Avengers title series. That would make for a good run with a solid artist(s).
    This is a good choice.

There is many writers on marvel payroll or availiable that could make a good run, its just that Aaron called dibs LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    Al Ewing. Donny Cates. Chip Zdarsky. Bryan Edward Hill. Grant Morrison. Keith Giffen. Dan Abnett. Kelly Thompson. Kieron Gillen. Nick Spencer. Jim Zub. Dan Slott. Charles Soule.

Admittedly, some of these are unlikely, and others are only mediocre, but they would all be miles better than what Aaron is putting out.
    I vote for Nick Spencer. He uses characters that are either third string or are almost forgotten and does a great job with their characterization. He would be perfect to shake up the Avengers. Grant Morrison would be great also. At this point I would be happy to have anyone replace Aaron. I’m actually liking him less than when Bendis was on the Avengers.

Incredible Member

I just want to say that there are many talented writers at Marvel who i wouldn't have a problem with writing Avengers when Aaron is done but the man is almost 50 issues deep into his run and whatever problems we might feel there are with his take on the Avengers ( and i'm not denying it's flaws) there's no point in trying in trying to wish him off the book until he's finished the stories he's trying to tell.

The book is still selling reasonably well so whatever criticisms we have of his run i don't think it's absurd to suggest there's an audience out there that at least likes some of what he's doing on the book.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I vote for Nick Spencer. He uses characters that are either third string or are almost forgotten and does a great job with their characterization. He would be perfect to shake up the Avengers. Grant Morrison would be great also. At this point I would be happy to have anyone replace Aaron. I’m actually liking him less than when Bendis was on the Avengers.
    Spencer's Avengers World along Hickman was amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I know, right?! Although, there's a pretty good sample from Captain America & the Falcon (2004):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-07-2021 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I just want to say that there are many talented writers at Marvel who i wouldn't have a problem with writing Avengers when Aaron is done but the man is almost 50 issues deep into his run and whatever problems we might feel there are with his take on the Avengers ( and i'm not denying it's flaws) there's no point in trying in trying to wish him off the book until he's finished the stories he's trying to tell.

The book is still selling reasonably well so whatever criticisms we have of his run i don't think it's absurd to suggest there's an audience out there that at least likes some of what he's doing on the book.
    Actually based from one of the source, he said he have plan to run the Avengers book until 2022 summers. But I am not sure about the line-up because I have been desperated to see some underrated Avengers on the spotlight like Spectrum, Vision or Wonder Man.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Actually based from one of the source, he said he have plan to run the Avengers book until 2022 summers. But I am not sure about the line-up because I have been desperated to see some underrated Avengers on the spotlight like Spectrum, Vision or Wonder Man.
    I agree that once powerful Avengers like Vision and Wonder Man are now classed as underrated Avengers, they were once powerhouses in their own right, horrible writing has really weakened these once popular Avengers.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    He just confirmed as much in his newsletter

https://www.jasonaaron.info/post/thi...rade-paperback

Aaron basically said that issue 50 is the start of a long arc that will go well into 2022 and it will touch on everything he wrote in the last 15 years at.

I'm pretty excited about simply because he's laid out the pieces now he just has to do something exciting with it.

He set up the Squadron, The Council of Hel, Vampires, Avengers 1000000 BC, Baby Starbrand, The Red Guard, Phoenix, and Namor.

I mean that is a hell of a lot of dangling plot threads that have not paid off in the least. So I hope next year we start seeing some of these threads being tied off.