Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    T'challa is getting disrespected here.
    How is BP getting "Disrespected"?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I literally cannot take this phoenix event seriously I have no idea what's happening just a bunch of colors with a story that's all over the place.
    Aaron needs a co-writer. Bad. Jim Zub needs to save us.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Aaron needs a co-writer. Bad. Jim Zub needs to save us.
    I don’t think even Zub or Ewing can save this train wreck

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

My review. I think I’m starting to develop my voice.

https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-r...nd-phoenixdome
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 03-03-2021 at 02:45 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I'd stopped reading Avengers after Busiek's run. I tried "Mighty Avengers" (sometime in the... early? mid?... 2000s) - and just didn't like it. Got about 18 issues out of me, or so - before I finally accepted it wasn't going to get better.

Secret Avengers started interesting back then - but fell off the rails for me pretty quickly.

I've been re-reading old Avengers through the Marvel app - kind of give a brief summary each issue on my Avengers twitter: https://twitter.com/dailyavengershq?lang=en (if you wanted to slap down a follow and discuss some Avengers on the Twittersphere)
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I'd stopped reading Avengers after Busiek's run. I tried "Mighty Avengers" (sometime in the... early? mid?... 2000s) - and just didn't like it. Got about 18 issues out of me, or so - before I finally accepted it wasn't going to get better.

Secret Avengers started interesting back then - but fell off the rails for me pretty quickly.

I've been re-reading old Avengers through the Marvel app - kind of give a brief summary each issue on my Avengers twitter: https://twitter.com/dailyavengershq?lang=en (if you wanted to slap down a follow and discuss some Avengers on the Twittersphere)
    Geoff Johns, who came right after Busiek is an okay run. His writing style may differ a bit too much from Busiek's, but I liked his JLI rip-off idea. And it was a large and intresting cast. Red Zone is a very good read. However it was a run that came with a set expiration date, since he closed and exclusive deal with DC before his first issue was even released, so his run wasn't met with much enthusiasm by many. Then Came Chuck Austen, and the death of the Avengers started for me, which Bendis endless years solidified. Slott's run was a breath of fresh air, for me, but too short and still heavily hampered by whatever Bendis was doing elsewhere (and I absolutely hated whinney Stature as an Avenger. IMHO, the Avengers are no place for kids). Ewing's Mighty Avengers had a good Avengers vibe to it, but offtimes it seemed more like H4H than Avengers. I liked Waid's mostly adult Avengers, short as it was. And, and all those runs (Slott, Ewing, Waid) are heavily tied to other events going on in the MU, which kind of stall their own stories.

Peace

Ultimate Member

I haven't caught up with recent Avengers comics in the last 5 years. Where's a good place to start?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I haven't caught up with recent Avengers comics in the last 5 years. Where's a good place to start?
    Literally any time a new creative team comes on board, the series starts with a new number 1, so it depends on which writer you want to read. None of the runs in recent years have been good imo. Waid's wasn't bad, but it had artwork I really didn't care for. I'm with Adam-X. I've just been rereading a bunch of the older stuff. I read the Epic Collections though.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Waid's run gets butchered by Civil War 2 and Secret Empire. Just stick Bendis, Hickman and Duggan + Zub's Uncanny Avengers.
    "Cable was right!"

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Do NOT start with Aaron's run -- unless you are a masochist.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Start with No Surrender, and then Jason Aaron’s Avengers. Read the No Road Home mini, and then read Savage Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    If you could have any SIX characters on your AVENGERS book - who would you have?
    Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Black Panther, Spectrum and Hawkeye. Six is a very limited number and that list is just random. I'd prefer 10-12.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Literally any time a new creative team comes on board, the series starts with a new number 1, so it depends on which writer you want to read. None of the runs in recent years have been good imo. Waid's wasn't bad, but it had artwork I really didn't care for. I'm with Adam-X. I've just been rereading a bunch of the older stuff. I read the Epic Collections though.
    Also not a fan of Del Mundo's art work, but it was not bad enough, for me, to prevent me from enjoying the stories. The other artists were not that bad. We even had Jesus Saiz during the Worlds Collide cross-over, who is, IMHO, great.
    The Avengers Epic Collections are always a joy to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Waid's run gets butchered by Civil War 2 and Secret Empire. Just stick Bendis, Hickman and Duggan + Zub's Uncanny Avengers.
    Agreed with the bolded part. It really took the story off the rails. As for Uncanny Avengers, I could never look at Uncanny as an Avengers book. Mostly it was an X-Book with a couple of Avengers guest-stars. I'm glad they shelved that idea (for now).

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Start with No Surrender, and then Jason Aaron’s Avengers. Read the No Road Home mini, and then read Savage Avengers.
    No Surrender is an excelent story. I think No Road Home could've been better, but it's also a fine read. Savage Avengers really isn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Black Panther, Spectrum and Hawkeye. Six is a very limited number and that list is just random. I'd prefer 10-12.
    I agree.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I disagree. I enjoy Aaron's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Aaron's run is accessible to new readers. You don't need to know much of what came before.