Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Aaron's run is accessible to new readers. You don't need to know much of what came before.
    That's a two edged sword. You read something that has no real continuity issues. Then read something that does (if someone decides to read Busiek's Avengers run, for example) - and it's night and day difference. (I've made it clear, I don't think Aaron's a bad writer, he's just not my style).
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

If you want to read something pertinent to current Disney Plus shows, then check out John Byrne's Avengers West Coast Run. The stories there have both White Vision and USAgent as part of the team. Loki is the mastermind behind the Acts of Vengeance crossover.

If you want to read something pertinent to current Disney Plus shows, then check out John Byrne's Avengers West Coast Run. The stories there have both White Vision and USAgent as part of the team. Loki is the mastermind behind the Acts of Vengeance crossover.
    Certainly recommend the Acts of Vengeance: Avengers TPB:

Read it a couple of months ago. Highly enjoyable. Avengers acted like heroes, villains were villains, no one seemed tortured, angsty, or cynical. I enjoyed it a lot because, well, everyone acted so normally and sensibly. It was just a breath of fresh air after all of the drama of the 90s, 2000s, and 2010s. It felt like a Saturday morning cartoon of the era, which I liked. At the same time, there are badass scenes. We see a meeting between Magneto and Red Skull and the inevitable fallout from that.

A scene towards the end gave me pause. It's a small moment, but it reminded me a lot of issues today. How do we treat prisoners, law enforcement stepping out of bounds, whether there are times for that or not. But overall, good stuff.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Read it a couple of months ago. Highly enjoyable. Avengers acted like heroes, villains were villains, no one seemed tortured, angsty, or cynical. I enjoyed it a lot because, well, everyone acted so normally and sensibly. It was just a breath of fresh air after all of the drama of the 90s, 2000s, and 2010s. It felt like a Saturday morning cartoon of the era, which I liked. At the same time, there are badass scenes. We see a meeting between Magneto and Red Skull and the inevitable fallout from that.

A scene towards the end gave me pause. It's a small moment, but it reminded me a lot of issues today. How do we treat prisoners, law enforcement stepping out of bounds, whether there are times for that or not. But overall, good stuff.
    Looking at the cover: Hawkeye & Quasar gave us a Big 5. Now, they have been switched out for Captain Marvel & Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

considering how many different villains have migrated to other heroes' titles-- at least, within the context of groups, certainly, this crossover saga is almost quaint. It was nominally revolutionary, years earlier when Kingpin became a Daredevil villain. This story takes that premise a lot further.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wonder if the Lady Liberators issue(s) of the Avengers is still considered canon, or a dream? Especially for the portrayal of Valkyrie-- https://www.cbr.com/avengers-infamous-womens-lib-issue/

A poll

18. Which Roy Thomas Avengers story did you like best - Avengers #57-58 "Behold, the Vision!"/"Even an Android Can Cry" or the Kree/Skrull War (Avengers #89-97)? #csbgpoll

Even An Android Can Cry 45.4%

Kree-Skrull War 54.6%

Another one

20. Which of these cosmic level superheroes that have never been Avengers would you most like to see join the team? #csbgpoll

Silver Surfer 23.5%

Beta Ray Bill 55.3%

Adam Warlock 13.7%

Black Bolt 7.4%

A poll

18. Which Roy Thomas Avengers story did you like best - Avengers #57-58 "Behold, the Vision!"/"Even an Android Can Cry" or the Kree/Skrull War (Avengers #89-97)? #csbgpoll

Even An Android Can Cry 45.4%

Kree-Skrull War 54.6%

Another one

20. Which of these cosmic level superheroes that have never been Avengers would you most like to see join the team? #csbgpoll

Silver Surfer 23.5%

Beta Ray Bill 55.3%

Adam Warlock 13.7%

Black Bolt 7.4%
    Awesome! I'd LOVE to see Beta Ray Bill taking charge and showing who's boss...

...along with trying to fit into the team dynamic

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-13-2021 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Awesome! I'd LOVE to see Beta Ray Bill taking charge and showing who's boss...

...along with trying to fit into the team dynamic

Bill is a character that has always brought up mixed feeling in me. I like that he is so noble (and powerful in his own right), to earn the power of Thor (or power to rival Thor's, which makes more sense to me), but I really hate when they make him just a horse-faced copy of Thor. I don't like derivative heroes, especially when they have so much going for them. I'm fine when they find their origin with a specific hero, but pferer it when they eventually distance themselves from them (US. Agent Force Works phase, with the energy gauntlets. Eric Masterson as Thunderstrike. War Machine with the War-Wear - even if I did hate that partucular much too alien look, and so on). The constant going back to the original status-quo, IMHO, spoils great characters. So, I'd rather Bill abandon his "asgardian look" and go back to his original (but he can keep the power).

Peace

Ultimate Member

I've never really had a problem with derivative heroes per se. I'm less of a fan of completely separate heroes with basically the same power set. But I agree every hero needs to distance themselves from the previous version in some way and make themselves unique.

OMG! I'll always LOVE Bill's "Asgardian look", but I'd also welcome the return of the original suit

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-14-2021 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Where is Bill these days?

Maybe he needs a new costume?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Where is Bill these days?

Maybe he needs a new costume?
    He has his own mini now and he shows up in Cates' Thor sometimes.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    He has his own mini now and he shows up in Cates' Thor sometimes.
    Thanks. I had not heard anything about him in some time.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ain't nobody reading Iron Man by Cantwell? Can't seem to find a topic discussing it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Ain't nobody reading Iron Man by Cantwell? Can't seem to find a topic discussing it.
    Isn't he still fighting Korvac? I think people talk about it in his appreciation thread.
    "Cable was right!"