Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Hope was evil in the comics, though, so she's arguably improved. Janet was the one who didn't even get a personality because she only got about 3 min of screen time.

Considering the eternals are even less well known and prominent than the Guardians, this development isn't surprising
    Well, I'm not a big fan of Hope either way, so not sure if there was much of an improvement...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I'm not a big fan of Hope either way, so not sure if there was much of an improvement...
    Why don't you like MCU Hope?

Extraordinary Member

Personally I wish they had done 2-3 movies with Hank and Janet and then transitioned to Scott as Ant-Man while Hank moves onto one of his other identities.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Personally I wish they had done 2-3 movies with Hank and Janet and then transitioned to Scott as Ant-Man while Hank moves onto one of his other identities.
    I would've liked something like that. Younger Hank and Janet in the first movie in phase 1 and first Avengers movie onwards, and Scott in ant man 2 onwards

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    2 red hulks, red she-hulk, a-bomb, hulk 2099, hulk killer. So many hulks he could have used. Deadpool even says to her. "why did you change? You were the me before me?"

She really was.

I just hope the disney plus show uses the classic byne she-hulk and not this one.
    Most of them were either dead or depowered. There was only four active Hulks at the time, and the other two aren't ones you listed. Brawn, aka Amadeus Cho, the Totally Awesome Hulk, and the second green She-Hulk, Lyra. Brawn of course was with the Champions, so the only option was one of the She-Hulks. Lyra's too obscure, so I see why he picked Jennifer.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

At the very least, a more faithul link between Ultron and Hank might have made him much, much more intresting than he actually was.

Peace

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    At the very least, a more faithul link between Ultron and Hank might have made him much, much more intresting than he actually was.

Peace
    Make Hank more interesting, or Ultron?

Make Hank more interesting, or Ultron?
    Ultron. Sorry I was not clear.

Peace

Ultimate Member

Ultron. Sorry I was not clear.

Peace
    No problem. But yeah, it would've helped. Plus Janet could've actually been a main hero. I'd rather have seen Hank and Jan than Clint and Nat tbh

Why don't you like MCU Hope?
    I just find her kind of dull and plain compared to what I expect from The Wasp.

Ultimate Member

I just find her kind of dull and plain compared to what I expect from The Wasp.
    That's understandable, although she's not even the same character technically. But it's too bad the original Wasp didn't get to a major Avenger. She was the first female Avenger and thought of the name, but seems to be an afterthought in the MCU

That's understandable, although she's not even the same character technically. But it's too bad the original Wasp didn't get to a major Avenger. She was the first female Avenger and thought of the name, but seems to be an afterthought in the MCU
    Not only that. She was the first female leader of the team, and, even today, is seen as one of its best leaders ever. Right up there with Cap and Iron Man.

Peace

I love how MCU Carol is apparently the source for The Avengers name but that has virtually no bearing on her character and is never commented on. It was just so tacked-on .

Ultimate Member

Not only that. She was the first female leader of the team, and, even today, is seen as one of its best leaders ever. Right up there with Cap and Iron Man.

Peace
    Unfortunately all that history won't be part of the MCU. But maybe Hope can at least lead something. Rather than sitting and waiting for her dad to let her be a superhero. Because that's somehow a plotline in the MCU

Ultimate Member

It could have been fun to have a 20-30 second stinger at the end of the first Avengers movie in which we see a giant figure appear underneath the Leviathan that flips over and collapses on Grand Central Station, having flipped it and slammed it down, and then shrink out of sight, and Tony exclaim, 'What was that!' and Fury reply over his headset, 'Did you think you were the only special people I have on speed-dial, Stark?' Meanwhile, cut to Hawkeye, running out of arrows, and muttering into his comm, 'Out of arrows here...' and a woman's voice say, 'On it.' and a tiny winged figure zip by and zap a Chitauri climbing up to his perch, and dropping a tiny thing at Hawkeye's feet that expands into a full size quiver full of arrows. Hawkeye mutters, 'Thanks' and goes back to shooting. Just a tiny bit added to two scenes already in the movie (the Leviathan flipping over and crashing into Grand Central Station and Hawkeye running out of arrows on the rooftop) and it could have teased the appearances of Hank and Janet, without necessarily bloating the movie by adding them in a more significant role.

(A similar 20-30 second stinger could have introduced Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. Recut the scene with the Chitauri encircling Cap and the others on the bridge, where Thor shows up and lightning blasts them all, to have a blur of motion and all the Chitauri blasters appear in a pile at Cap's feet, as Fury comes over the comms, 'Back up should be en route, Cap.' and Cap sees the guns and a blur of wind as the speedster departs (no clear image, so that they don't even have to cast anyone yet!) and Cap replies, 'I think he's already come and gone...' before wading into the now-unarmed Chitauri. And at the very end, Iron Man flies into space and the blurry figure appears next a woman in a cape that we only see from behind, in the shadows of an alley. The woman says, 'When that bomb explodes, what are the odds that a feedback pulse will electrocute all the remaining Chitauri?' The man replies, '100%?' She answers, hands fluttering and rubble around her levitating as she casts a hex, '100%.' and the bomb goes off, and all the Chitauri just fall over, exactly as she predicted. Just recut and recontextualize some scenes already in the movie, and bam, tease Hank and Janet, *and* Pietro and Wanda, without having to actually show the actors, in case these roles haven't been cast yet.)

But no. Whedon couldn't use the Wasp, in particular, because he was told that the Shawn of the Dead guy had dibs on her, only for it to come up a few years later from Peyton Reed that Janet *wasn't even in the original Ant-Man script* he got (from Cornish?), so Whedon would totally have been able to use her...