Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Supersize extravaganza of Earth's mightiest action and surprises!
    Witness the jaw-dropping conclusion of "World War She-Hulk!" Learn the true purpose of the prehistoric Avengers! Uncover the shocking secret of the Iron Inquisitor! Behold the most powerful collection of super-psychopaths that any Earth has ever seen! Watch the Avengers recruit some shocking new members! And follow the Ghost Rider on a quest for vengeance across the Multiverse that will spark an all-new era in Avengers history!

Does anyone know who will joining the team?
    Scarlet Witch
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Scarlet Witch
    Definitely shocking in the context of this book...

THUNDRA 0.jpgI would like for Thundra to join i don';t think she's ever been a member before.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Supersize extravaganza of Earth's mightiest action and surprises!
    Witness the jaw-dropping conclusion of "World War She-Hulk!" Learn the true purpose of the prehistoric Avengers! Uncover the shocking secret of the Iron Inquisitor! Behold the most powerful collection of super-psychopaths that any Earth has ever seen! Watch the Avengers recruit some shocking new members! And follow the Ghost Rider on a quest for vengeance across the Multiverse that will spark an all-new era in Avengers history!

Does anyone know who will joining the team?
    If I were to guess, probably Iron Fist (either Daniel Rand or his replacement) and the Sorcerer Supreme (either Doctor Strange or his replacement).
    Aaron is setting the pieces for his endgame, which means he needs to match the Avengers 1000000 BC. He already has a Black Panther (Emperor T'Challa), an All-Father (King Thor), a Ghost Rider (Roberto Reyes), a Phoenix (Echo) and a Starbrand.
    They will probably be the core Avengers team, which means that Captain America, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Blade and She-Hulk will have slightly reduced roles.

Aaron is building up to a Summer Event either in 2022 or 2023.
    In the early issue of Avengers, he teased that it would be the War Beyond Whens (probably not the final title). It will probably involve the current Avengers, the Avengers 1000000 BC, the Multiversal Masters of Evil and Mephisto's Council of Red.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    THUNDRA 0.jpgI would like for Thundra to join i don';t think she's ever been a member before.
    With She-Hulk gone, maybe they need another strong woman to buff up and defeminize.

Peace

Ultimate Member

Why do people still use the word "defeminize" in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why do people still use the word "defeminize" in 2021?
    Because it's in the dictionary? I Know. I Checked. English is not my native language, so I occasionally have to do this to make sure I'm using the correct words.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 08-21-2021 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    With She-Hulk gone, maybe they need another strong woman to buff up and defeminize.

Peace
    Assuming we don't get classic She-Hulk by the end of this arc...not that I have high hopes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Because it's in the dictionary? I Know. I Checked. English is not my native language, so I occasionally have to do this to make sure I'm using the correct words.

Peace
    I just think it's a stupid and sexist word

I don't know if there's a proper word for it but I certainly haven't cared for Aaron's handling of She-Hulk.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I don’t care about the defeminization of She-Hulk. I care that it’s a **** story.

All Avengers fans: pick up Winter Guard on Wednesday. It’s beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I don’t care about the defeminization of She-Hulk. I care that it’s a **** story.

All Avengers fans: pick up Winter Guard on Wednesday. It’s beautiful.
    Don't they kind of go together though? Like the whole thing was treating her femininity and personality like it was a bad thing instead of what's part of the characters' appeal, and she's somehow better for rejecting that in the most nonsensical manner possible.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if there's a proper word for it but I certainly haven't cared for Aaron's handling of She-Hulk.
    It's perfectly fine to not like this change. I don't have a problem with that. But "feminize" implies only women can certain things, which is sexist. And all female superheroes, and comic books characters in general outside of Aunt May, get drawn in sexualized, stereotypical ways, so one less heroine doing that isn't a problem for me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It's perfectly fine to not like this change. I don't have a problem with that. But "feminize" implies only women can certain things, which is sexist. And all female superheroes, and comic books characters in general outside of Aunt May, get drawn in sexualized, stereotypical ways, so one less heroine doing that isn't a problem for me at all.
    I don't think that was the intent with using the word so much as conveying the idea of taking a characters' more feminine traits and personality and removing it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think that was the intent with using the word so much as conveying the idea of taking a characters' more feminine traits and personality and removing it.
    Ok, but "feminine traits and personality" is a stereotype. Those aren't inherently female. It's just something western White culture say is female.