Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok, but "feminine traits and personality" is a stereotype. Those aren't inherently female. It's just something western White culture say is female.
    Well, in the context of how they are viewed within the story and the character they may be seen as "traditionally feminine traits" (I don't think that's really specific to the West).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, in the context of how they are viewed within the story and the character they may be seen as "traditionally feminine traits" (I don't think that's really specific to the West).
    Gender stereotypes vary between culture, but even the consistent ones are still sexist stereotypes.

I'm just not sure what's to be gained by complaining about one female character not being a sexualized female stereotype when the rest are.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Supersize extravaganza of Earth's mightiest action and surprises!
    Witness the jaw-dropping conclusion of "World War She-Hulk!" Learn the true purpose of the prehistoric Avengers! Uncover the shocking secret of the Iron Inquisitor! Behold the most powerful collection of super-psychopaths that any Earth has ever seen! Watch the Avengers recruit some shocking new members! And follow the Ghost Rider on a quest for vengeance across the Multiverse that will spark an all-new era in Avengers history!

Does anyone know who will joining the team?
    time-displaced members of the Avengers 1 million bc and any of their legacies Aaron hasnt used yet (new iron fist?)

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    If I were to guess, probably Iron Fist (either Daniel Rand or his replacement) and the Sorcerer Supreme (either Doctor Strange or his replacement).
    Aaron is setting the pieces for his endgame, which means he needs to match the Avengers 1000000 BC. He already has a Black Panther (Emperor T'Challa), an All-Father (King Thor), a Ghost Rider (Roberto Reyes), a Phoenix (Echo) and a Starbrand.
    They will probably be the core Avengers team, which means that Captain America, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Blade and She-Hulk will have slightly reduced roles.

Aaron is building up to a Summer Event either in 2022 or 2023.
    In the early issue of Avengers, he teased that it would be the War Beyond Whens (probably not the final title). It will probably involve the current Avengers, the Avengers 1000000 BC, the Multiversal Masters of Evil and Mephisto's Council of Red.
    I can see World War She-Hulk ending with her back to normal and leaving the team. And then she teams up with the Fantastic Four in their book. Hasn't Blade already left the team?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Maybe the shocking new members are mutants.

Astonishing Member

Is liking Aaron writing since Ghost Rider and Wolverine and being invested in Dracula and the vampire nation worth picking up month after month of Avengers seeing nothing but bad reviews, negative reception that its convincing me how very badly flawed this Avengers run is, especially as I want to pick out the fat out of my long box run to make room for better comics? and especially since I need to cut down for money reason on buying so many books a month. and wait for a better avengers run?
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 08-22-2021 at 10:03 AM.

Gender stereotypes vary between culture, but even the consistent ones are still sexist stereotypes.

I'm just not sure what's to be gained by complaining about one female character not being a sexualized female stereotype when the rest are.
    I don't think that's really defining the issue with Aaron's writing of She-Hulk well.

Ultimate Member

I don't think that's really defining the issue with Aaron's writing of She-Hulk well.
    Maybe it isn't, but that's the impression I get from some peoples' comments. Some people complain she isn't sexy or girly or whatever.

Maybe it isn't, but that's the impression I get from some peoples' comments. Some people complain she isn't sexy or girly or whatever.
    I think that's in the respect that they were part of her personality that Aaron is nonsensically trying to do away with.

Ultimate Member

I think that's in the respect that they were part of her personality that Aaron is nonsensically trying to do away with.
    I guess so, but that's every female character. Why is one less like that such an affront, especially when these characters came around in even more sexist times? Why exactly is She-Hulk "sexy" but Hulk isn't?

I guess so, but that's every female character. Why is one less like that such an affront, especially when these characters came around in even more sexist times? Why exactly is She-Hulk "sexy" but Hulk isn't?
    I mean, did you see Hulk in Planet Hulk ?

Ultimate Member

I mean, did you see Hulk in Planet Hulk ?
    Hahaha. Yes, I did. I'd hardly call that sexy. But personally, I don't find much of anything as "erotic" or "sexy" as media would like me think. To me, it's just stuff. I refer to "attractive" or "sexy" in the stereotypical lens of culture and media.

Hahaha. Yes, I did. I'd hardly call that sexy. But personally, I don't find much of anything as "erotic" or "sexy" as media would like me think. To me, it's just stuff. I refer to "attractive" or "sexy" in the stereotypical lens of culture and media.
    I don't know, some of those scenes with Caiera were fairly steamy in my opinion...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    If I were to guess, probably Iron Fist (either Daniel Rand or his replacement) and the Sorcerer Supreme (either Doctor Strange or his replacement).
    Aaron is setting the pieces for his endgame, which means he needs to match the Avengers 1000000 BC. He already has a Black Panther (Emperor T'Challa), an All-Father (King Thor), a Ghost Rider (Roberto Reyes), a Phoenix (Echo) and a Starbrand.
    They will probably be the core Avengers team, which means that Captain America, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Blade and She-Hulk will have slightly reduced roles.

Aaron is building up to a Summer Event either in 2022 or 2023.
    In the early issue of Avengers, he teased that it would be the War Beyond Whens (probably not the final title). It will probably involve the current Avengers, the Avengers 1000000 BC, the Multiversal Masters of Evil and Mephisto's Council of Red.

As one of the few posters on this board who doesn't think Aaron's Avengers is some type of crime against comics i'll be shocked if he isn't done with the story he's trying to tell by the end of 2022 or sooner. I could possibly see Marvel trying to go for Avengers # 700 but that would require a rather aggressive shipping schedule at this point.

Ultimate Member

I don't know, some of those scenes with Caiera were fairly steamy in my opinion...
    I guess so. Every thing turns at least one person on.