Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    The Hulk wasn't all that important in the MCU really. Mostly due to rights issues I imagine. "I'm always angry" and one shotting the leviathan in the first Avengers was the only big hero moment he got. He really should have gotten a rematch against Thanos in endgame, Captain Marvel no selling the headbutt was cool, but it really should have been the hulk. I don't remember Bendis doing too much with the hulk though, I didn't even think he liked him very much, but I could be wrong.
    I think so too. I mean, I know that Avengers Edgame was supposed to be the Captain America and Iron Man show (with a very special guest spotlight for Captain Marvel for phase 4), but at the very least, a chance to really cut loose that was not hanging around with a shriveld arm. I also thought the Thor "Joke" ran too long. That's why Infinity War will always be the best film for me. I don't feel like it played favorites. (Winter Soldier is still my favorite Marvel film.)

Peace

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I think so too. I mean, I know that Avengers Edgame was supposed to be the Captain America and Iron Man show (with a very special guest spotlight for Captain Marvel for phase 4), but at the very least, a chance to really cut loose that was not hanging around with a shriveld arm. I also thought the Thor "Joke" ran too long. That's why Infinity War will always be the best film for me. I don't feel like it played favorites. (Winter Soldier is still my favorite Marvel film.)

Peace
    Cap & co barely got screen time in IW, though. Which, outside of Steve himself, doesn't quite bother me.

Tbh, I would've liked a rematch for Hulk, but I still liked seeing CM vs Thanos

I would say IW was still the Cap and Iron Man show (with a side-dose of a Thor subplot) since they were spearheading the two main resistances to Thanos.

Here are sales figures for July:
    https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...mics-july-2021

Avengers #46 was ranked 24th. Justice League #64 was ranked 28th. Jason Aaron beat Brian Michael Bendis on a team book. X-Men is the only superhero team book to be ahead of Avengers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would say IW was still the Cap and Iron Man show (with a side-dose of a Thor subplot) since they were spearheading the two main resistances to Thanos.
    IIRC, Thor got the most/second most screen time in IW of any hero.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Here are sales figures for July:
    https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...mics-july-2021

Avengers #46 was ranked 24th. Justice League #64 was ranked 28th. Jason Aaron beat Brian Michael Bendis on a team book. X-Men is the only superhero team book to be ahead of Avengers.
    I get why people don't like it, but it really isn't worth the superlatives. At worst it's mediocre.

It's hard writing team books.

Ultimate Member

I've always wondered how it would be to write a team book

Roy Thomas, Jim Shooter, Roger Stern, Kurt Busiek and so many others beg to differ.
    (at the very least, they make it LOOK easy)

Peace

Extraordinary Member

Yeah. Assault on Olympus is my all-time favorite Avengers story, and, though not a personal favorite, Celestial Madonna is a must (though I do think the irregular art of the last chapters of it don't do it any favors). The Nefaria trilogy is another one that should be a big deal. But I like Red Zone too.

Peace
    Roy Thomas, Jim Shooter, Roger Stern, Kurt Busiek and so many others beg to differ.

Peace
    We have very similar tastes when it comes to the Avengers, and their writers.

Astonishing Member

Peace
    Totally agree with the Hulk and Thor perspective here

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

True. Cap had to deal with the Black Order left on Earth. Iron Man was in space. Thor got bodied and had to go on an anime power-up arc.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    We have very similar tastes when it comes to the Avengers, and their writers.
    I commend you on your good taste.

Peace

Peace
    Well, modern writers at least .

Well, modern writers at least .
    Ah, on that we can agree.

Peace