Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I think alot of Aaron's ideas work... once Aaron no longer has control of them (eg the Eternals' existential crisis, Winter Guard)

If not for the fact that including Odin automatically spoils the while thing, I wouldn't have minded some exploration of the concept Aaron and the Celestia one-shot attempt that there have been incarnations Avengers teams (in the sense that a group of superhumans gathered together on a Day Unlike Any Other) gathered together by fate/The Machine over the eons. maybe a series of one shots.

But as I said, having Odin spoils the whole thing. It should be Buri
    But then we can't have Odin banging the Phoenix and not making Thor a full god .

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it depends on whose free at this point but the only people I can think of are Ewing and Cates, but I don't think Cates would want to write another team book.
    I wish Marvel could poach Ram V, his Justice League Dark was amazing and I think he would make an amazing Avengers writer.

I wouldn't even mind Gillen taking a stab at it (has he ever written an Avengers title?)

Ultimate Member

But then we can't have Odin banging the Phoenix and not making Thor a full god .
    That's quite the loss. Seriously, why did Thor need to be connected to Phoenix?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    And who do you guys think that will be? Not who you want, but who you think it'll be?

Peace
    The Zebster
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I wish Marvel could poach Ram V, his Justice League Dark was amazing and I think he would make an amazing Avengers writer.

I wouldn't even mind Gillen taking a stab at it (has he ever written an Avengers title?)
    Ram V is currently writing the new Venom book, so he's at least involved with Marvel.

Gillen wrote Young Avengers. I don't think he'd have any interest in "vanilla" Avengers though.
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    That's quite the loss. Seriously, why did Thor need to be connected to Phoenix?
    Because Aaron likes mashing stuff together, I guess.

I've been reading the She-Hulk storyline and I'm still confused as to who the current line-up is?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Ram V is currently writing the new Venom book, so he's at least involved with Marvel.

Gillen wrote Young Avengers. I don't think he'd have any interest in "vanilla" Avengers though.

Because Aaron likes mashing stuff together, I guess.

What!? I had not idea, I gotta look into it (even though I am not a big fan of Venom)

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    I've been reading the She-Hulk storyline and I'm still confused as to who the current line-up is?
    The current Avengers roster is Iron Man, Black Panther, Captain America, Thor, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Ghost Rider, Echo/Phoenix, and Starbrand (a toddler!).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I guess it depends on whose free at this point but the only people I can think of are Ewing and Cates, but I don't think Cates would want to write another team book.
    I can see Al Ewing doing it. He had four books at one point (Ultimates2, Rocket, Royals and U.S.Avengers), but currently only has SWORD and Venom, as Guardians of the Galaxy was cancelled and Immortal Hulk has finished. And he's not even on all issues of Venom as it's divided into two stories featuring Eddie and Dylan Brock, one by Ewing and the other by Ram V. He's written Avengers before, but not the main book solo (he's done Mighty, New, and U.S., and No Surrender and it's sequel in collaboration with Waid and Zub).

If not him, then maybe Jim Zub, whose only current Marvel ongoing is Conan if I'm not mistaken. He had a brief run on Uncanny Avengers but apart from the aforementioned collabs hasn't done the main book. And I liked his Champions.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-11-2021 at 05:24 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can see Al Ewing doing it. He had four books at one point (Ultimates2, Rocket, Royals and U.S.Avengers), but currently only has SWORD and Venom, as Guardians of the Galaxy was cancelled and Immortal Hulk has finished. And he's not even on all issues of Venom as it's divided into two stories featuring Eddie and Dylan Brock, one by Ewing and the other by Ram V. He's written Avengers before, but not the main book solo (he's done Mighty, New, and U.S., and No Surrender and it's sequel in collaboration with Waid and Zub).

If not him, then maybe Jim Zub, whose only current Marvel ongoing is Conan if I'm not mistaken. He had a brief run on Uncanny Avengers but apart from the aforementioned collabs hasn't done the main book. And I liked his Champions.
    Would love to see either Ewing or Zub, both are great writers and are terrific with team books.

But to be honest any writer could do better than Aaron. He set the bar so so so so so so so so so low that it's impossible that any other writer could do worse than him (although Cates could be worse than Aaron).

Ultimate Member

The current Avengers roster is Iron Man, Black Panther, Captain America, Thor, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Ghost Rider, Echo/Phoenix, and Starbrand (a toddler!).
    It's a meh roster superpowers-wise, aside from Echo with the whole Phoenix force thing

Ah, I WAS mistaken as his Conan finished a couple of months ago!

Now, who DON'T you want to see handling the Avengers after Aaron. Of course, it has to be someone that is an actual possibility of taking over one of Marvel's main books.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Now, who DON'T you want to see handling the Avengers after Aaron. Of course, it has to be someone that is an actual possibility of taking over one of Marvel's main books.

Peace
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Al Ewing.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    What!? I had not idea, I gotta look into it (even though I am not a big fan of Venom)
    Neither am I, but I was impressed with #1. It was compelling enough to get me to add it to my pull list, at least for now...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES