Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The most underrated Avengers run imo is by Bob Harras and Steve Epting. The Gatherers, The Kree, Proctor, Vision gets a new body. Some great stories and art.
    I'm a HUGE fan. I have the Gatherers Omnibus. One of the few I've ever forked over the money for.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I'm a HUGE fan. I have the Gatherers Omnibus. One of the few I've ever forked over the money for.

Peace
    And this was one of the strangest line up of Avengers since Druid was on the team. But it worked so well.

Peace
    I'll say this for the Harras run, seeing Cap's comeback was truly inspirational (IMHO):

Mighty Member

Just have a discussion regarding about the Justice League line-up. You need those B and C listers heroes to actually do anything character wise since based on the current list we have, 6 out of 8 (including Echo) have their own books happening so you can't keep putting the same egg in two different basket all the times.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I'll say this for the Harras run, seeing Cap's comeback was truly inspirational (IMHO):

I could only imagine seeing this splash when this issue first came out .

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Just have a discussion regarding about the Justice League line-up. You need those B and C listers heroes to actually do anything character wise since based on the current list we have, 6 out of 8 (including Echo) have their own books happening so you can't keep putting the same egg in two different basket all the times.
    I don't think anyone told writers of Wolverine or Spider-Man.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Incredible Member

Peace
    Yeah, I'm a huge fan of that run too. I keep waiting for the second Epic Collection to finish it off, but Marvel seems to keep bringing out everything but. I might have to invest in the Omnibus. How hard is that format to handle? Always seemed they were kind of too big and hard to hold.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Yeah, I'm a huge fan of that run too. I keep waiting for the second Epic Collection to finish it off, but Marvel seems to keep bringing out everything but. I might have to invest in the Omnibus. How hard is that format to handle? Always seemed they were kind of too big and hard to hold.
    Yeah, I got tired of waiting. As for the Omnibus, it really isn't my favorite format. I don't even care much for the HC one. Since I like to read pretty much in any place, I tend to prefer the TPB format, especially the big ones (I LOVE the Epic format). This is a really big book (I have 5 Omnibus. The Gatherers is the biggest of them, even if only by a couple of dozen pages or so). It's a heavy book. The arms tire if you try to read holding it for too long. The biding is good and strong, but the dustcover really suffers a bit while you're reading it (Took me almost three weeks) . Still, as you know, it's a great story and a great read. I have just a small criticism. They skipped Operation Galactic Storm, which, of course, would make the book waaayyy too big if included. However, the included the Reaper storyline, which doesn't have much with the Gatherers Saga, and another couple of fill-in arcs, such as a Deviant two-parter. I would have cut out those fill-ins and included the Collection Obssession, which not only is the beggining of the Harras and Epting collaboration, but is also at the root of the problems later faced by Sersi. I have the Epic Collections, which will give me the full story, but it seems like there is an important hole in the story collected in the Omnibus.

Peace

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    I could be wrong, as my shelves aren't in front of me at the moment, but I'm pretty sure the the recent "Taking Aim" Epic Collection finished off Harras run...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I could be wrong, as my shelves aren't in front of me at the moment, but I'm pretty sure the the recent "Taking Aim" Epic Collection finished off Harras run...?
    There is a hole in the middle, which covers the climax of the Gatherers Saga. The Gatherers Strike (24 in the series) covers up to #366, and Taiking Aim (26 in the series) starts off in #378. 27 should start covering the Crossing saga. I wonder how they are going to do it, considering it's another of the Omnibus I have.

Peace

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I don't think anyone told writers of Wolverine or Spider-Man.
    Or their fanboys

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

There is a hole in the middle, which covers the climax of the Gatherers Saga. The Gatherers Strike (24 in the series) covers up to #366, and Taiking Aim (26 in the series) starts off in #378. 27 should start covering the Crossing saga. I wonder how they are going to do it, considering it's another of the Omnibus I have.

Peace
    Cool, thanks for the clarification.

I also have "The Crossing" omnibus, and for a lot of series, I've been selling my omni's in favor of Epic Collections when possible. I don't think I'll do so this time; considering Marvel couldn't sell that book the first time, what chance to I have to unload it without taking a huge loss?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Cool, thanks for the clarification.

I also have "The Crossing" omnibus, and for a lot of series, I've been selling my omni's in favor of Epic Collections when possible. I don't think I'll do so this time; considering Marvel couldn't sell that book the first time, what chance to I have to unload it without taking a huge loss?
    Ah, yes, so you are "the other one."

Peace

Ah, yes, so you are "the other one."

Peace
    I have it! I have it!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I have it! I have it!
    There's THREE of us???? Wow!

Peace