Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    God have mercy on the readers of avengers 42

spoilers:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/majo...-thor-history/
    end of spoilers
    Seriously. The Phoenix storyline was gold for the X-Men. It was the first and definitive step into making them the industry household name they became. It has since, IMHO, been milked down so much, that it has been spoiled. And now, as if that is not enough, it's being spread into the Avengers book with it's permenant retconning power (oftimes I've wondererd if that's not the true power of the Phoenix. Not the power of creation, but the power of erasing something good and replacing it with pure crap). I can't believe that people have spent pages of an AVENGERS APPRECIATION THREAD, speculating about who the Phoenix's new host will be. I actually had to re-check if I didn't click in the X-Forum by mistake. I long for the time in which we wondered how Immortus or Kang were manipulating events. Just a passing thought.

Peace

I guess that cancelled tie in Empyre: Thor #2 would have hinted this

Aliens are invading Midgard, longtime Asgardian ally and Agent of Wakanda Roz Solomon has gone missing, and Gaea, Thor’s mother and guardian of the Earth, is dying.
    Thor, the king of Asgard and the god of the storm, has one singular duty: Save. Everyone.
    So who is this new god standing in his way — and what does he know about Thor’s birthright?!

I don’t read Avengers or Thor currently, but I had a strong suspicion that this was the direction we were heading in just by reading these boards. That doesn’t mean I think it’s a good idea. This Avengers run did not entice me from the beginning and I’m certainly glad I never hoped on board.
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 02-10-2021 at 01:37 AM.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I guess that cancelled tie in Empyre: Thor #2 would have hinted this
    That was ment to bring his relationship to his then biological mother gia and give thor more power over the earth and plant life. This is editorial just not saying no on Aaron's first idea

Yeah, if anything this contradicts Empyre. They can only get away with it because the Thor tie-in was never published.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, if anything this contradicts Empyre. They can only get away with it because the Thor tie-in was never published.
    not even with that since he used that power in the end.

I guess they can get away with it because it was temporarily.
    Last edited by GodThor; 02-08-2021 at 06:09 PM.

So the Phoenix has just been a red headed woman who's constantly stolen the bodies of other red headed women this entire time...... What is this run?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So Aaron ignores Tamaki's work be making Jen savage again.
    Ignores Slott by sending Stark back in time during Slott's story and making Howard evil.
    Ignores Ewing with this Mummy Phoenix crap.

Editors must be in comas.
    "Cable was right!"

It seems like the writers and editors of today just do not know----really know----the characters nor do they love them the way us fans do----and it shows in their work.

They also do not seem to care about story and character continuity, character personality, powers, looks, etc.

I know that each writer wants to put "their stamp" on the characters, but there are other ways to do it that work. In this fan's opinion, this is NOT it.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    So Aaron ignores Tamaki's work be making Jen savage again.
    Ignores Slott by sending Stark back in time during Slott's story and making Howard evil.
    Ignores Ewing with this Mummy Phoenix crap.

Editors must be in comas.
    I feel like this is Aaron's last major Marvel book so he's going to go out swingin' the only way he knows how (continuity and other work be darned).

Geez just read the spoilers, and man Aaron is trying so hard to become the worst thing that has ever happened to Marvel with his avengers run. Hope that after Heroes Reborn another writer takes over the group, because geez, what a total disaster.

It seems like the whole entire MU will need to be reset after all these disasters!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Well, Avengers Mech Strike was fun, at least.

Spectacular Member CaptainLiberty76's Avatar

Well, to paraphrase Achmed the dead terrorist, thanks to Aaron among others, the time has come for the MU to "Blow it UP!!"

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Today's issue was a hot mess. Did anyone come out looking good in this mess? Thanks Aaron. Now I hate your She-Hulk also. And Cap better not EVER try trading on his Invaders days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Well, Avengers Mech Strike was fun, at least.
    Yes. Definitely an MCU Avengers, though. Loved Magno's art on this.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?