Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

considering how DC did Kori when the new 52 started the series was an improvement (my opinion is well documented on the new 52 version lol)
    The J-man

Incredible Member

Starfire and Cyborg

Oddly enough I feel like these two are separate images.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Seconded. Kori's great.
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    considering how DC did Kori when the new 52 started the series was an improvement (my opinion is well documented on the new 52 version lol)
    My sentiments exactly. I thought the new series from 2015 was a breath of fresh air. Didn't realize so many had such a negative reaction towards it, though...

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-18-2021 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I'd really like a strong arc that takes place on Tamaran.

In my mind a writer could really set up some kind of Star Wars/GoT-esque type war between Tamaran, Thanagar, and some other alien planets.
    This would be great. Have it involve Tamaran, Thanagar, Rann, and perhaps even War-World, New Genesis, and Apokolips. Add in some Green Lantern's for some extra spice and we can get a nice cosmic story-line.

The Tamaraneans really are underrated as an alien species. They have advanced tech, super-strength, flight, and yet they seem to always be on the receiving end of punishment. I would love a cosmic story-line in which the Tamaraneans are portrayed as a significant force/threat.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Indeed
    My sentiments exactly. I thought the new series from 2015 was a breath of fresh air. Didn't realize so many had such a negative reaction towards it, though...
    I just hate when writer take a character with a long history and only use one source for their take. This series was pretty much solely based on the Teen Titans Go version. If they wanted to go that route they should have just put Teen Titans Go Presents: Starfire on the cover. After having read so many stories of Kori being a strong warrior and leader to see her treated like she was niave goofball like the cartoon was insulting to me as a reader.

Tamaraneans troops in JLO were absolutely stunning :

Plus, keeping up with the characterization of Blackfire from the New 52 was really great, it added so much more depth to the character IMHO.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Tamaraneans troops in JLO were absolutely stunning :

Plus, keeping up with the characterization of Blackfire from the New 52 was really great, it added so much more depth to the character IMHO.
    Starfire is wasted on earth she should be out in space fighting bad guys

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I just hate when writer take a character with a long history and only use one source for their take. This series was pretty much solely based on the Teen Titans Go version. If they wanted to go that route they should have just put Teen Titans Go Presents: Starfire on the cover. After having read so many stories of Kori being a strong warrior and leader to see her treated like she was niave goofball like the cartoon was insulting to me as a reader.
    Basically my thoughts on the book.

TTG and 2K3 TT Starfire's was never lewd though. She was extremely girl, carefree and protective but not lewd. The latter was obviously inspired by Perez/Wolfman but it's a misinterpretation of their take. Starfire was open *emotionally* which, yes, includes her sexuality but it also meant she didn't hold back whenever she was angry, sad or frustrated. Tamaranians are guided by their emotions which is why her dynamic with Dick worked so well, because he was raised to be calm, calculating and aloof which didn't always jive with someone who was also raised in a circus.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    TTG and 2K3 TT Starfire's was never lewd though. She was extremely girl, carefree and protective but not lewd. The latter was obviously inspired by Perez/Wolfman but it's a misinterpretation of their take. Starfire was open *emotionally* which, yes, includes her sexuality but it also meant she didn't hold back whenever she was angry, sad or frustrated. Tamaranians are guided by their emotions which is why her dynamic with Dick worked so well, because he was raised to be calm, calculating and aloof which didn't always jive with someone who was also raised in a circus.
    The solo comic definitely embraced Kori as a hedonist.

Here is my fan edit of Jessica Alba as everyone's favorite Tamaranean.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

Here is my fan edit of Jessica Alba as everyone's favorite Tamaranean.
    IJ2 Kory .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The solo comic definitely embraced Kori as a hedonist.
    The way I've reconciled it is that Kori is a pretty adaptable person who shifts her personality a bit to better fit the group she's with and neither is inherently wrong. Think about how you act with family, friends or work but perhaps up another level because Kori doesn't really do subdued.

When I get into a groove I just can't stop. XD
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 05-08-2021 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The way I've reconciled it is that Kori is a pretty adaptable person who shifts her personality a bit to better fit the group she's with and neither is inherently wrong. Think about how you act with family, friends or work but perhaps up another level because Kori doesn't really do subdued.
    Or when in combat, which is probably second nature for Kori.