Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I love this

I LOVE it, as well. If at all possible, I would also like to include Azrael (JPV):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I LOVE it, as well. If at all possible, I would also like to include Azrael (JPV):

Wow, is that a real Azrael suit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, is that a real Azrael suit ?
    LOL! I know, right?! But personally, I'll always prefer the Joe Quesada version above all else...

I love this

Where's Tim? Everyone forgets Tim. She's interacted with him. She should take him around the Tower sometime.

dbwoh45-705a8103-c8bf-4217-8a90-ea9b20318d33.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Where's Tim? Everyone forgets Tim. She's interacted with him. She should take him around the Tower sometime.

dbwoh45-705a8103-c8bf-4217-8a90-ea9b20318d33.jpg
    You choose the most weird SFW picture out there.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

This has been discussed in Tumblr who doesn't like Kori being cute-sy-fied:
    All green alien eyes with no pupil and iris or normal human white sclera with green iris?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    All green alien eyes with no pupil and iris or normal human white sclera with green iris?
    It probably depends on how they depict it. Either works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    You choose the most weird SFW picture out there.
    I was actually looking for a comic page but couldn't find and had to settle for the fan art. It was SFW and it was Kori showing Tim Dick's old discowing costume.

I prefer white sclera. The entirely green eyes can be borderline creepy in some panels and that does not serve the characters. But her eyes should still a distinct alien quality. It shouldn't be green that's found in normal human eyes. I think the TT cartoon and the Starfire ongoing got it right. Her eyes are more human but still a little odd, the colour was good and when she gets mad her eyes start to glow.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I prefer the all green alien eyes. I can't stand when artists try to "humanify" her. She's already a humanoid alien no need to make her stand out less. They don't do it to other aliens. I also hate how they straightened her hair and gave her green starbolts. Basically, I prefer the way Perez introduced her deep orange skin and all. Alex Ross said it best:

I love this

Great find! I love how the artist draws her in a different costume for each Robin.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I prefer the all green alien eyes. I can't stand when artists try to "humanify" her. She's already a humanoid alien no need to make her stand out less. They don't do it to other aliens. I also hate how they straightened her hair and gave her green starbolts. Basically, I prefer the way Perez introduced her deep orange skin and all. Alex Ross said it best:

I agree with you and the video about Alex Ross. I feel like the Teen Titans cartoon really changed Starfire's look and personality to be more kid-friendly, which in turn lead to many changes for her comic-book self. I prefer her to be pupil-less and I would also change the green starbolts back to their original orange/red.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I agree with you and the video about Alex Ross. I feel like the Teen Titans cartoon really changed Starfire's look and personality to be more kid-friendly, which in turn lead to many changes for her comic-book self. I prefer her to be pupil-less and I would also change the green starbolts back to their original orange/red.
    I think her core character was still basically intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I don't remember seeing her appreciation thread before, hopefully she has a great 2021.

I have a special place in my heart for all the Marv Wolfman's Teen Titans, but Dick, Wally, Donna and Kory are my favorite characters of all time.

Don't know if people here care for the series, but i think Anna Diop does a good job portraying her.

Diop is phenomenal. The scriptwriter however needs to greatly improve

Literally, the only thing the show got right was the casting.

I hope to see this cast again in a better production.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think her core character was still basically intact.
    Agreed. She was still loving and righteous. I do think the Teen Titans cartoon certainly played up her naivete, which I think was in turn reflected in her solo series from a few years ago. If I recall correctly I think the cartoon toned down her history somewhat as well, making her into a prisoner prior to coming to Earth instead of an actual slave.

OAN: Who do you all feel writes/"gets" Starfire the best?