Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

That might be relevant if Blackfire then served a purpose a neutral character or became a supporting character. But all it ended up doing was leaving her in the wind after undermining her capacity as a effective bad guy.

Because there are less female villains then male villains.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-07-2021 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That might be relevant if Blackfire then served a purpose a neutral character or became a supporting character. But all it ended up doing was leaving her in the wind after undermining her capacity as a effective bad guy.

Because there are less female villains then male villains.
    She was barely appearing when she was a villain. In fact, her last major appearance before the reboot was her becoming a more neutral figure.

Ultimate Member

It would be funny if someone like Blackfire or Ocean Master or Baron Bedlam or whomever, a 'usurper' who is always trying to steal the throne from the absentee hero who is supposed to be the ruler (but is all too often off somewhere having adventures instead...) ends up getting pretty good at this rulership thing, freeing up the superhero to *remain a superhero* and not be stuck on the throne arbitrating territorial disputes or inheritance issues or hosting diplomatic treaty conferences or whatever.

Starfire busts in to 'liberate her people' and 'reclaim her throne' and Blackfire's all, "A month of this paperwork and diplomacy, you'll be begging me to reclaim the throne and let you run back to Earth and play superhero!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It would be funny if someone like Blackfire or Ocean Master or Baron Bedlam or whomever, a 'usurper' who is always trying to steal the throne from the absentee hero who is supposed to be the ruler (but is all too often off somewhere having adventures instead...) ends up getting pretty good at this rulership thing, freeing up the superhero to *remain a superhero* and not be stuck on the throne arbitrating territorial disputes or inheritance issues or hosting diplomatic treaty conferences or whatever.

Starfire busts in to 'liberate her people' and 'reclaim her throne' and Blackfire's all, "A month of this paperwork and diplomacy, you'll be begging me to reclaim the throne and let you run back to Earth and play superhero!"
    That was actually one of the resolutions of the later Starfire-Blackfire conflicts. Blackfire actually ended up being a pretty good ruler with the backing of her people.

Then Tamaran got destroyed. Then New Tamaran got destroyed. Etc.

Extraordinary Member

I use to think starfire was DCs storm but now i belive she is more like Captain Marvel?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, she and her sister are supposed to be a big part of it and seem to be the only ones getting new, cool, costumes, so you'd hope...
    it was nice to dream huh

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I use to think starfire was DCs storm but now i belive she is more like Captain Marvel?
    Starfire is Starfire. Not every character has or needs an equivalent.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Of course not
    but i always saw parallels of the two teams at the time

but this time i was just comparing their powersets

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    ...I don't think anyone could resist her .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    True, but I think Storm played a bit part in Starfire's creation. Phoenix too -- but more for te fire trail from the hair -- Byrne came up with that for Dark Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Posing on her sister's grave. Starfire has no chill. lol

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    True, but I think Storm played a bit part in Starfire's creation. Phoenix too -- but more for te fire trail from the hair -- Byrne came up with that for Dark Phoenix.
    Don't forget the other Starfire that existed before Kory's creation and who was renamed Red Star.

There was also an alien Starfire too prior to Kory I think.

I agree that Storm and Phoenix likely played a role in visually inspiring Starfire. I just disagree with the notion that Starfire is DC's Storm. There is a reason Storm and WW cross over in the DC/Marvel cross over and later Amalgam universe and not Storm and Starfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

Of course not
    but i always saw parallels of the two teams at the time

but this time i was just comparing their powersets
    Going by this image, Raven is an equivalent to Wolverine and Donna is one to either Nightcrawler or Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Going by this image, Raven is an equivalent to Wolverine and Donna is one to either Nightcrawler or Xavier.
    I guess Raven was the team wildcard...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think some of those match ups are meant to be opposites and not just equivalents. Like Raven/Logan and Kitty/Beast Boy.

Donna's X-Men match up would be either Rogue or Jean Grey. Not sure who I would pair with Wally, Quicksilver is too easy of an answer.