Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Post Dane Whitman :Black Knight Appreciation 2021

Happy Great New Years to the Black Knight Fans. It seems that 2021 is our boy Dane got the most prominent not only in print but have a role in the upcoming MCU Eternals. We expect he will show up more in the coming months.
    Mystic_Arcana_Black_Knight_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg
    Black_Knight_Vol_4_2_Marvel_'92_Variant_Textless.jpg

Comic Recommended to learn more about Black Knight:
    Hulk Comic (UK) (1979-1980)
    Avengers (1963) (#225-226, #252-300 ,#329-330, #332-375)
    Ultraforce (1995–1996) #1-15
    Black Knight (1990)
    Heroes For Hire (1997–1999) #1-19
    Black Knight (2016)

Hoping 2021 will be a good year for both Dane & his troublesome companion, the Ebony Blade

Astonishing Member

Dane is starting off the new year strong, appearing in the current arcs of both AVENGERS and SAVAGE AVENGERS, as well as in the SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN: KING IN BLACK mini! Plus he's got a one-shot of his own and a solo miniseries coming up!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Dane is starting off the new year strong, appearing in the current arcs of both AVENGERS and SAVAGE AVENGERS, as well as in the SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN: KING IN BLACK mini! Plus he's got a one-shot of his own and a solo miniseries coming up!
    Thanks for letting me know, Dermie. Haven't seen or heard from Dane since he joined...

The Punisher Kill Krew

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Very underused character. With the hype surrounding Game of Thrones for the past 5 or so years, Marvel could’ve really leaned into that with Dane.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Thanks for letting me know, Dermie. Haven't seen or heard from Dane since he joined...

The Punisher Kill Krew
    How was that series? I never read any Punisher stuff, but I almost did because of Black Knight.

Do we have an idea of when the Symbiote Spider-Man mini fits into the Avengers chronology?

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    How was that series? I never read any Punisher stuff, but I almost did because of Black Knight.
    Yeah, Dane doesn't show up until the fourth issue...

But the series was fine, as long as you don't mind the Punisher wielding the Ebony Blade and getting the all-important final kill
    (obviously it's Frank's mini-series, after all ):

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Do we have an idea of when the Symbiote Spider-Man mini fits into the Avengers chronology?
    Dane and Monica are both members, so it needs to be after AVENGERS #261. The team is still based out of Avengers Mansion rather than on Hydrobase, so it must be before the "Siege of Avengers Mansion" arc.

But the series was fine, as long as you don't mind the Punisher wielding the Ebony Blade and getting the all-important final kill
    (obviously it's Frank's mini-series, after all ):
    Ugh, that is a bit of a turn-off for me these days. I guess I'm just done with heroes taking another's trademark gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Ugh, that is a bit of a turn-off for me these days. I guess I'm just done with heroes taking another's trademark gimmick.
    LOL! I totally understand. But to be fair, Dane did something similar during the '80s

That is true, I had forgotten. Wonder Man also carried Cap's shield in the Nefaria battle, but I don't think either he nor Dane got to throw it and have it return to their hand - that privilege was reserved for Cap himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    That is true, I had forgotten. Wonder Man also carried Cap's shield in the Nefaria battle, but I don't think either he nor Dane got to throw it and have it return to their hand - that privilege was reserved for Cap himself.
    True. Both Wonder Man and Black Knight used the shield for its defensive properties while allowing them to attack. Wonder Man really needed protection from Nefaria's powerful laser eye beams.

Thanks for starting this thread. I am a long time Black Knight reader and you are right. It looks like 2021 will be a great year for Dane. I hope everything they use him in sells very well. I was wondering if you think that the Black Knight five issue series in Weirdworld is considered in continuity? It seems it is because they are drawing him with the armor that was used in that series. Anyway, I am really looking forward to his Knull one shot and his upcoming series The Curse Of The Ebony Blade.

I haven't posted in ages, and I was so happy to see a thread for Dane! It's great that there has been more of the Black Knight recently.

Mighty Member

Dis anyone of you check "KIB: Black Knight" by Si Sipurrer ?