Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Signal is already the Bat family representative, but DC is so obsessed with inserting Bat characters everywhere, I could see them adding Jace(though it makes zero sense).

My guess is:
    1. Established character with ties to the Outsiders who was never on the team.

2. Established character with no previous ties to the Outsiders.

3. New character
    well Jace isn't particularly out of the question because they recently revealed that Katana was the one who trained him. so, if it's gonna continue to be a Katana-focused story arc, i wouldn't say it would make zero sense for Jace's card to be pulled. still, again, I mainly wouldn't want him on the team if/when he's Batman; i could come around on him on the team if he continues the Second Son route and hasn't become the Bat yet tho. Ideally (barring Shiva) I would want the 5th to be an established character from the wider DC universe that hasn't been on the team yet.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

It probably won't be, but I would like to see Halo or Looker...

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Painkiller's backdoor pilot dropped yesterday and I came across this dope art for it

If we throwing out wild dark horse picks, I'd be down if DC introduced this version of Painkiller into the comics as the 5th member. I just really dig the character.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It probably won't be, but I would like to see Halo or Looker...
    I'd choose them over more Batfamily peeps.

I don't mind the extended Batfamily filling in for Bruce in the team. Plus it creates different storytelling oppurtunities. But i rather cap it at 1 or 2 members because the Outsiders shouldn't be a dumping ground for the robins/batgirls.

thats the Titans .
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-18-2021 at 02:37 PM.

The Outsiders (Future State) by @kevinkomics

currently following:

so it looks like we have confirmation that Cassandra Cain is not currently a member of the Outsiders following the dissolution of the team at the end of Hill's run.

currently following:

so it looks like we have confirmation that Cassandra Cain is not currently a member of the Outsiders following the dissolution of the team at the end of Hill's run.
    It does the heart good to know longer see Cass referred to as Orphan. And in her true costume .

Default re-post from the Duke Thomas thread

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #8
    Written by ALYSSA WONG, BRANDON THOMAS, DAN WATTERS, and CHRISTIAN WARD

Art by VASCO GEORGIEV, CIAN TORMEY, NIKOLA ČIŽMEŠIJA, and CHRISTIAN WARD

Outsiders: FEAR STATE TIE-IN! Scarecrow has stirred Gotham City into a panic, and it’s awakened one of his first students he experimented on, a man turned into a monster known as THE FEARFUL! The Outsiders will have to reunite with the Signal in order to stop the Fearful and keep the city at peace. But a message from the world of FUTURE STATE reaches the Signal and changes everything.

EDIT:

I was looking into seeing what Fear State is (seeing I wasn't really paying it much mind when I was announced) and based on the premise of the event I think this will (hopefully) be a lead-in to the next Outsiders storyline they teased at the end of their Urban Legends story.

This Fall, The Scarecrow is sending Gotham City straight to Hell, and it’s up to Batman and his allies to stop it! Fear State is a horror themed Gotham City event that unifies plot threads started in DC’s fan-favorite publishing events, DC Future State and Infinite Frontier. Fear State not only continues The Scarecrow’s vision of a fear-controlled Gotham, but also Mayor Christopher Nakano’s mission to protect the city with his ground-breaking deal with The Magistrate. This can’t miss event is also the launching point for several new series and plotlines across all Batman-family titles, setting a new status quo for 2022! The action begins this August[...]
    (https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...recrow-and-the)
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 07-16-2021 at 07:12 PM.

currently following:

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #9
    Written by BRANDON THOMAS, ALYSSA WONG, DAN WATTERS, and SAM JOHNS
    Art by CIAN TORMEY, VASCO GEORGIEV, NIKOLA ČIŽMEŠIJA, and KARL MOSTERT
    Cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    $7.99 US | 64 PAGES | PRESTIGE
    Variant by FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA and RICCARDO FEDERICI
    ON SALE 11/9/21

Outsiders story: “FEAR STATE” TIE-IN! The Fearful has turned the Outsiders against each other! Tim Drake has entered the fray to save the manipulated team, but it won’t be enough. The future of the Outsiders depends on the Signal, but he’ll need help…from the world of Future State. Signal, meet Future State Duke Thomas, and listen to every warning he has to deliver!

currently following:

I would love to see Magenta.Witchfire.Nubia.Ultraa and Captain Comet on the Team.

i was thinking on it and these are my top picks for the 5th member of the Outsiders:

1. Completely new character - there is always the possibility that DC will bring in a brand new character to fill the fifth spot. I'm pretty doubtful that that's the case here but you never know. I'd say it's a (3/10) chance.

2. Jace Fox - DC loves a hammering the Batman to market The Outsiders, so I think it would make sense if they were thinking of doing Batman & The Outsiders again but this time paring the latest Outsiders team with the new Batman. This is probably the most obvious pick given the timing and the fact that Jace has an established connection to Katana in his backstory. probably a (7/10) chance imo.

3. Aquaman/Jackson Hyde - a super wildcard pick, but I pick him mainly due to the fact that Brandon Thomas is also writing Jackson Hyde's Aquaman mini. so there may be a chance we could see Jackson (either as Aquaman or Aqualad) join the team. I'd give it a (4/10) chance.

4. Lady Shiva - I think Shiva is probably the only returning Outsider that may pop up because she was on the team with Metamorpho, so could technically be considered someone different/new for him, but also has a relationship with Katana and Black Lightning from the previous run. I'd say there's like a (5/10) chance.

5. Blue Devil - Blue Devil is a bit of a wild card pick but he would make sense for this particular Outsiders story. He has a relationship with Black Lightning and he's also a character that's versed in magic and could help with Katana's family. I give Blue Devil a good (4/10) chance.

currently following:

i was thinking on it and these are my top picks for the 5th member of the Outsiders:

1. Completely new character - there is always the possibility that DC will bring in a brand new character to fill the fifth spot. I'm pretty doubtful that that's the case here but you never know. I'd say it's a (3/10) chance.

2. Jace Fox - DC loves a hammering the Batman to market The Outsiders, so I think it would make sense if they were thinking of doing Batman & The Outsiders again but this time paring the latest Outsiders team with the new Batman. This is probably the most obvious pick given the timing and the fact that Jace has an established connection to Katana in his backstory. probably a (7/10) chance imo.

3. Aquaman/Jackson Hyde - a super wildcard pick, but I pick him mainly due to the fact that Brandon Thomas is also writing Jackson Hyde's Aquaman mini. so there may be a chance we could see Jackson (either as Aquaman or Aqualad) join the team. I'd give it a (4/10) chance.

4. Lady Shiva - I think Shiva is probably the only returning Outsider that may pop up because she was on the team with Metamorpho, so could technically be considered someone different/new for him, but also has a relationship with Katana and Black Lightning from the previous run. I'd say there's like a (5/10) chance.

5. Blue Devil - Blue Devil is a bit of a wild card pick but he would make sense for this particular Outsiders story. He has a relationship with Black Lightning and he's also a character that's versed in magic and could help with Katana's family. I give Blue Devil a good (4/10) chance.
    So far it's Black Lightning, Katana, Metamorpho and Signal? Wil the limit really be 5? I'd prefer someone with a bit more power than Shiva, but, history shows us that, when 5 is the magic number for the Outsiders (minus Batman), it's usually 3 boys and two girls. I'd love to see Blue Devil or Witchfire back, as suggested above (and though I'm a HUGE Captain Comet fan, I don't think he'd really fit in with the Outsiders), but my wild card suggestion would be... Windfall. I've always thought she had much more story potential than just what we saw.

Peace

I'd bring Halo or Geo-Force back, personally. Or Looker...never underestimate the bombshell vampire .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The Question would be interesting as their crackpot inside man/woman who gets them their Intel. They would definitely give the team a different feel than when Bruce uses them as his Suicide Squad where everyone lives.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

If the team has to have a Bat character, I'd rather it be Batwoman.
    Signal would work better as Gotham's daylight protector.