Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

Katana variant cover for the Outsiders story in Urban Legends.
    Katana dual-wielding her sword with her sheath would be pretty cool.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Katana dual-wielding her sword with her sheath would be pretty cool.
    ... Why hasn't she until now?

what would be y'all perfect Outsiders team? and what would be their mission?
    Black Lightning
    Katana
    Red Hood
    The Signal
    Blackout (new name for Lighting)
    Thunder
    Halo/Gabrielle Daou
    Babylon Or Looker
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 01-15-2021 at 09:53 PM.

Black Lightning
    Katana
    Signal
    The Silencer
    Orphan/Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)
    Damage (Ethan Avery)
    Sideways

from Future State Outsiders: Duke Thomas, possessor of the Black Lightning blade!

honestly, this was so great to see! I wasn't a fan of the Dr. Blackhattan idea at first but I came around to the intrigue surrounding it and I really enjoy this new set up it leads to. I would really love if we could somehow get a series where we could see this duo's story unfold. learn how Jeff became cursed, see Duke use his powers, plus the Soulbreaker and Black Lightning's providing guidance and being the big gun, fighting against magical threats; eventually lifting the curse. that would be a dope story arc to see through.

Brandon Thomas is at least doing more Outsiders in Urban Legends, we may or may not see Duke there but we could see some hints toward what initially cursed Jefferson.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-02-2021 at 06:07 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I like that Brandon Thomas kept the focus on amping up the actual Outsiders. I really dug the way he showcased their abilities and highlighted potential plot points for each member, and didn't fall into the trap Hill did of lean too heavily on them as Batman proxies (yes I'm still a little bitter).
    still, some awesome spectacle from the Outsiders, this is the kind of stuff I read superhero fiction for; **** yea, slice an armored truck in half with a magical Black Lightning Bankai Bleach Soultaker blade!

Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-02-2021 at 06:25 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I like that Brandon Thomas kept the focus on amping up the actual Outsiders. I really dug the way he showcased their abilities and highlighted potential plot points for each member, and didn't fall into the trap Hill did of lean too heavily on them as Batman proxies (yes I'm still a little bitter).
    still, some awesome spectacle from the Outsiders, this is the kind of stuff I read superhero fiction for; **** yea, slice an armored truck in half with a magical Black Lightning Bankai Bleach Soultaker blade!

Teamwork makes the dream work. More evidence that these two deserve a book. It can be Outsiders or just the two of them, but they're so great together. Regardless of if they hook up or don't, they're a great duo and I would like more Jefferson and Tatsu.

I'd like for Katana.Black Lightning and Geo Force to join the League and have Red Hood leads a New Outsiders Team with

Thunder=Anissa
    Lightning=Jennifer
    Omen
    Terra
    Element Woman
    Bushido=maybe brother of the other
    The Ray
    Bizarro

fan theory about the Soul sword at the end of Outsiders: Future State. so the writer of Soul of The Dragon revealed that the Soulbreaker in that movie is actually the fabled twin of the Soultaker that Katana has; which iirc is the first time they've actually named the twin sword.

so I think Katana's the Soultaker, and the one Duke has is actually the Soulbreaker.
    re-posting my theory/headcanon from the Duke thread. I also think Maseo's soul is no longer in the Soultaker, seeing as that's looks like it's gonna be part of the Outsiders Urban Legends story. the power we see coming from the Soulbreaker may actually be Katana channeling her magic through it, since the Soultaker's twin is supposed to have no inherent powers.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-06-2021 at 01:01 AM.

currently following:

Astonishing Member

Black Lightning
    Thunder
    Lightning
    Geo Force
    Terra
    Katana
    Duke or Tim

from Future State Outsiders: Duke Thomas, possessor of the Black Lightning blade!

honestly, this was so great to see! I wasn't a fan of the Dr. Blackhattan idea at first but I came around to the intrigue surrounding it and I really enjoy this new set up it leads to. I would really love if we could somehow get a series where we could see this duo's story unfold. learn how Jeff became cursed, see Duke use his powers, plus the Soulbreaker and Black Lightning's providing guidance and being the big gun, fighting against magical threats; eventually lifting the curse. that would be a dope story arc to see through.

Brandon Thomas is at least doing more Outsiders in Urban Legends, we may or may not see Duke there but we could see some hints toward what initially cursed Jefferson.
    Overall it was ok story imo felt like a tease but understandable so with the space they had..

Duke Costume was on point but should have better resign like Death Metal. Please can we give the brother back his long hair ( Locs or braids).. He did look pretty cool with a blade I’d would be in favor of him used SoulBreaker (also it would be cool if they said it was Yasuke sword at some point)..

Wasn’t super into Doc M version of Jeff but since wasn’t permanent I’m not super upset about it, but felt it was miss opportunity to give him a cool resigned aswell ( He could be a black/blue/yellow energy person or something.. Also wish they would show his daughters in a some what meaningful way..Maybe hinting at a possible Duke/Jen rship in the future/main dcu..
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 02-06-2021 at 07:34 AM.

For me, the best phase of the Outsiders was the 90's Barr and Pelletier book, when the Outsiders were framed for the massacre in Markovia, and were on the run. True Outsiders in evey way. Didn't like the recent Batman sidekicks run. For one, not enough diversity in backgrounds and powers.

Green Arrow (the leader, maybe just behind the scenes, and not outfront. Doesn't treat his team with much respect.)
    Black Lightning (brought to more manageble power levels. Second in command and moral compass. Always at odds with Oliver.)
    Katana (The dangerous one. The one you give the dirty jobs to.)
    Looker (High scale mental powers. People ask what was interesting about her. IMHO, she was flawed as heck, which made her impredictable. She wanted to be good, to do good, but, as powerful as she was, her highly addictive personality made her vulnerable to temptations and to outside influences. While she fancies herself a great manipulator, is always easily manipulated. Far from my favorite character, but always great story potential. I liked her vampire phase. It brought more physical strength to the team.)
    The Atomic Knight (A tank with lots of brains. Plus, his precog abilities are a great driving force behind the team. But his armor needs to be really worked upon, to make it diferent from other armoured characters. Brings much needed tech know-how to the team.)
    Element Woman (Power, muscle, inocence and a certain emotional instability. A great replacement for both Metamorpho and Halo)

Green Arrow will use Gardner Grayle's precognition to send them into covert missions, many times to prevent threats that still haven't fully manifested themselves, which will place the Outsiders as outlaws in the eyes of the authorities and other super-teams. In the future, members may leave or die, and others such as Batwoman, Geo-Force and/or Blue Devil may join the team.

Peace

Incredible Member

I agree that the Outsiders should step out of Batman's Shadow

Black Lightning (leader)
    Katana
    Element Woman
    The Signal
    Orphan
    Terra (Doppelganger)
    Looker

Geo-Force would make recurring appearances, but is busy ruling Markovia (hence why I made the Terra doppelganger a member).

The Outsiders would deal with mega-corporations and meta-human dealings (similar to Young Justice: Outsiders); certain work the Justice League wouldn't be caught dead doing (not without causing a scandal). The main big bad would be Stagg Enterprises.

KATANA (FUTURE STATE) by Julian Shaw

currently following:

KATANA (FUTURE STATE) by Julian Shaw
    Slicing up Clayface, anime style ?