Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Slicing up Clayface, anime style ?
    I dont think that's clay
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

KATANA (FUTURE STATE) by Julian Shaw
    I like the helmet (here), but not the rest of the costume (armour). I wish Katana would go back to having more gold and scarlet in her costume. And stick with more of a costume and less of an armour.

Peace

what would be y'all perfect Outsiders team? and what would be their mission?
    The Outsiders are a clandestine team of operatives that do jobs that the Justice League, Titans and other DC heroes can’t and won't do but still needs to be done. Their mission is to deal with the hidden and darkest corners of the DC Universe such as the criminal underworld, ancient cults, hidden organizations and metahuman and drug trafficking.

Members:

Black Lightning
    Katana
    Metamorpho
    Green Arrow
    Looker
    Grace Choi
    Thunder
    The Signal

KATANA (FUTURE STATE) by Julian Shaw
    I dug this image so much I decided to try my hand at using it to make a Future State: Outsiders cover.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Ishmael from Bryan Hill's Outsiders run is going to appear on Black Lightning this season:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/black-...teases-ishmael

currently following:

Incredible Member

The last panel showcasing The Signal (in Future State - The Next Batman) felt like an extension of Mr. Thomas' work on the "Excellence" title.

Which is a good thing

I'm happy for your success Brandon Thomas.
    Don't complain. Create.

so we found out that the Villain in the Outsiders story in Urban Legends is Tatsu's mother in law, Shiori, who's some kind of sorceress.

have we gotten backstory on Maseo's family possessing magic beyond their/his involvement with the Soultaker? I like that they're doubling down on magic linking to familial bonds with Katana. My only gripe is the fact that Katana doesn't have anywhere to properly flesh these developments out. I hope she's on the shortlist for the next batch of limited series, after some of the on-going minis wrap up. John Ridley did a great job with Katana and I like that Thomas is expanding on what Hill did with her in The Outsiders' annual. Between the annual and this arc together, all we need is one solid mini to collect for a solid trade for Katana; pair that with Ridley's take in the Other History of DC, that's a solid foundation to define her character going forward.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-20-2021 at 09:46 PM.

currently following:

looks like we're gonna get a new Outsiders story this fall! it's looking it'll follow up one the Katana family drama surrounding Maseo's soul that's been referenced in Future State and Urban Legends. the team is gonna be Katana, Black Lightning, Duke Thomas, Metamorpho, and a mystery fifth member.

who do y'all think the 5th member finna be?
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-20-2021 at 09:48 PM.

currently following:

Astonishing Member

looks like we're gonna get a new Outsiders story this fall! it's looking it's gonna be a follow up to this Katana family drama surrounding Maseo's soul that's been set up in Future State and Urban Legends. the team is gonna be Katana, Black Lightning, Duke Thomas, Metamorpho, and a mystery fifth member.

who do y'all think the 5th member finna be?
    Geo Force or Cassandra Cain. My dark horse pick is Terra or one of Jefferson's daughters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Geo Force or Cassandra Cain. My dark horse pick is Terra or one of Jefferson's daughters.
    Cass is gonna be in a Batgirls book, I believe.

Hopefully, we'll have a new cast member. I like the team, but damn, stop retreading old material

Personally I want it to be Grace Choi, shes a cool character that really should be around more especially with her ties to Jefferson.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I hope it's someone who ups a little bit the power-level of the team, but without unbalancing too much the scales, something that I think someone like Geo-Force, as much as I like him, would do. I always thought this last version too much under-powered. As for who I'd like to see, Looker. It's time for a new take on her.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I hope it's someone who ups a little bit the power-level of the team, but without unbalancing too much the scales, something that I think someone like Geo-Force, as much as I like him, would do. I always thought this last version too much under-powered. As for who I'd like to see, Looker. It's time for a new take on her.

Peace
    I guess it could be a brand new character. It'd make sense, with three main members of the team (Katana, Black Lightning and Metamorpho) and Signal as the new but not totally rookie member, plus the fifth one. But I guess it could also be Jace.

I'm kinda doubtful it's gonna be Geo-Force considering Jeff told Rex they're "someone different", which wouldn't make sense because we know they've all been on the team together with Geo-Force before. Cass is doing her thing over with the Batgirls, so I don't think she's gonna be the 5th either. I could see Lady Shiva coming back (which I would love), them adding an established character who's never been on the team before, or (and this is a reach) they could create a new character. I hope don't add Jace as Batman, purely because I would like it to be a wholly Outsiders-centric story; unless they make him not Batman yet. tho, I'd be more ok with Jace's Batman joining than Bruce as Batman sockpuppeteering the team.

currently following:

Astonishing Member

I'm kinda doubtful it's gonna be Geo-Force considering Jeff told Rex they're "someone different", which wouldn't make sense because we know they've all been on the team together with Geo-Force before. Cass is doing her thing over with the Batgirls, so I don't think she's gonna be the 5th either. I could see Lady Shiva coming back (which I would love), them adding an established character who's never been on the team before, or (and this is a reach) they could create a new character. I hope don't add Jace as Batman, purely because I would like it to be a wholly Outsiders-centric story; unless they make him not Batman yet. tho, I'd be more ok with Jace's Batman joining than Bruce as Batman sockpuppeteering the team.
    Signal is already the Bat family representative, but DC is so obsessed with inserting Bat characters everywhere, I could see them adding Jace(though it makes zero sense).

My guess is:
    1. Established character with ties to the Outsiders who was never on the team.

2. Established character with no previous ties to the Outsiders.

3. New character