Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

So we aren't getting a new Outsiders book? Just a tie-in in another Batman book?

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    So we aren't getting a new Outsiders book? Just a tie-in in another Batman book?
    Urban Legends is an Gotham anthology book, not a Batman book. No there has not been a new Outsiders book announced as of yet. However, considering this is the third Outsiders story DC's had Brandon Thomas write (along with his other two series rn), and the Fear State event meant to be a jumping off point for the Batfamily books in 2022, they're likely going to do an Outsiders limited series afterward so they can make an Outsiders trade. they've hinted toward a "mystery" 5th member, so the popular theory is they're more than likely gonna have Jace Fox as Batman join the team so they can do another Batman & The Outsiders.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

the fifth member has been revealed and it's.....*drumroll* Frankenstein?! I'm kidding, but I'm not tho

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the fifth member has been revealed and it's.....*drumroll* Frankenstein?! I'm kidding, but I'm not tho

Considering all of this is happening in the Center of the Earth, you'd think they'd bring along Geo Force.

I do like the idea of the fifth member rotating depending on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Considering all of this is happening in the Center of the Earth, you'd think they'd bring along Geo Force.

I do like the idea of the fifth member rotating depending on the situation.
    Geo-force isn't part of the core team and has nothing to do with mole people (or whatever supernatural creatures these are).

currently following:

Outside the box choice. Reminds me of Jason Aaron's Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Outside the box choice. Reminds me of Jason Aaron's Avengers.
    That is not sterling praise.

As for the development in question. O.K. I won't say I'm beside myself of excitement, but I'm open to see where this takes us.

Peace

Astonishing Member

Geo-force isn't part of the core team and has nothing to do with mole people (or whatever supernatural creatures these are).
    True,but an earth manipulator would be useful in this particular location.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    True,but an earth manipulator would be useful in this particular location.
    maybe but he could easily be a hindrance too. one wrong move and he could collapse the whole underground city, killing everyone and causing who knows how much damage to the surface.

currently following:

uhmmm no disrespect intended but it's Titled Batman.Urban Legends it's Totally a Batman book.

Astonishing Member

I obviously knew Duke was fit, but dang! This artstyle over here givin' The Signal that MMA-fighter bod!

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I obviously knew Duke was fit, but dang! This artstyle over here givin' The Signal that MMA-fighter bod!
    I mean he's canonically an MMA fan, maybe he's been using that as his body goal when he's training

funnily enough, if you think about it, this physique is probably the most accurate depiction of Duke's body. he's supposed to be 5'9" and 180 pounds, and considering how fit you'd have to be to be a superhero in Gotham, him being this thick and jacked makes perfect sense with those dimensions.

for reference, this is Joaquin Buckley

near identical looking build. he's a middleweight in the UFC (which is the 185 lbs division) and stands at 5'8; only an inch shorter and 5 pounds heavier than Duke.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-12-2021 at 11:23 PM.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    uhmmm no disrespect intended but it's Titled Batman.Urban Legends it's Totally a Batman book.
    with all due respect, it's focused more on various characters throughout Gotham, in general, than it does Batman; so as far as I'm concerned it's a Gotham book. I don't care about what DC gotta do to justify the book existing in whatever branding corner they've painted themselves in. i describe books by what they are about *shrugs*

currently following:

Isn't Duke still a teen? Like 16 years old? He looks like he is built like Mike Tyson in those pages, lol.

Astonishing Member

I mean he's canonically an MMA fan, maybe he's been using that as his body goal when he's training

funnily enough, if you think about it, this physique is probably the most accurate depiction of Duke's body. he's supposed to be 5'9" and 180 pounds, and considering how fit you'd have to be to be a superhero in Gotham, him being this thick and jacked makes perfect sense with those dimensions.

for reference, this is Joaquin Buckley

near identical looking build. he's a middleweight in the UFC (which is the 185 lbs division) and stands at 5'8; only an inch shorter and 5 pounds heavier than Duke.
    Ah, then that makes sense then. (And isn't just a visually fortuitous coincidence. )

And yeah, him being a Gotham vigilante means that doing what he does would naturally give him a jacked body at minimum.