Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That's really cool of James Tucker .

(I wish Duke was Signal in Batwheels instead of Robin to be honest).

He did start off in WAR (We Are Robin). So him being Robin is semi justified.

They probably wanted to new characters but familiar names. Hence why 'Cass' is basically Asian Babs on that show.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I just haven't been able to get into this current version of the Outsiders. It has been way to Bat-heavy. I much prefer the original group with Geo-force, Katana, Looker, Halo, Metamorpho and Jefferson. Enjoyed the third series additions of Faust, Technocrat and Wylde (but I hated....HATED they made Looker a vampire.) I also really liked the Nightwing group with Grace, Thunder, Roy, Huntress and even the later addition of Creeper. However this last version is just not clicking for me. I do miss all the other characters, the first group mostly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I just haven't been able to get into this current version of the Outsiders. It has been way to Bat-heavy. I much prefer the original group with Geo-force, Katana, Looker, Halo, Metamorpho and Jefferson. Enjoyed the third series additions of Faust, Technocrat and Wylde (but I hated....HATED they made Looker a vampire.) I also really liked the Nightwing group with Grace, Thunder, Roy, Huntress and even the later addition of Creeper. However this last version is just not clicking for me. I do miss all the other characters, the first group mostly.
    Yeah there are other characters who haven't even been Outsiders who would work better than the Bat centric team we have now.

Duke is literally the only bat on the team...

there are more OG Outsiders on the team than there are Bat characters.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-07-2021 at 08:59 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

previews from Cian Tormey for Urban Legends #9

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Outsiders so far for me
    From the last arc to this one with so many different stories (future state, katana/black lighting and metamorphp) Is just not holding my attention to care about each character motive. Nor the lack of team work. When the story of Katana or arc. Of her husband feeling jealous of Tatsu and Jefferson. That boils down to we are just friends. Seem to serve no purpose to the overall Outsiders run so far. And I thought Jefferson never met Metamorpho, when meeting Tatsu was the first time in the last arc. Before Jefferson was re written, Tatsu and Jefferson was on the outsiders since the beginning. So why would Metamorpho join in the first place? Why would Duke join after the last arc getting put through the fire. And the people who helped the most was Cassandra. The time of training for Duke and Cassandra was very limited.

So this next issue is going to be an info dump. On why Tim Drake is on the field. With other questions still in the air. For example, Who cursed this future version Jefferson? Why is Duke taking off the helmet in the middle of the street? Why were they fighting for the surface in the first place? Why future Duke not affected by this fear toxin? etc etc

I understand this writers is some people cup of tea, but this is the writer third comic project for me. It just not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellscream View Post
    Outsiders so far for me
    From the last arc to this one with so many different stories (future state, katana/black lighting and metamorphp) Is just not holding my attention to care about each character motive. Nor the lack of team work. When the story of Katana or arc. Of her husband feeling jealous of Tatsu and Jefferson. That boils down to we are just friends. Seem to serve no purpose to the overall Outsiders run so far. And I thought Jefferson never met Metamorpho, when meeting Tatsu was the first time in the last arc. Before Jefferson was re written, Tatsu and Jefferson was on the outsiders since the beginning. So why would Metamorpho join in the first place? Why would Duke join after the last arc getting put through the fire. And the people who helped the most was Cassandra. The time of training for Duke and Cassandra was very limited.

So this next issue is going to be an info dump. On why Tim Drake is on the field. With other questions still in the air. For example, Who cursed this future version Jefferson? Why is Duke taking off the helmet in the middle of the street? Why were they fighting for the surface in the first place? Why future Duke not affected by this fear toxin? etc etc

I understand this writers is some people cup of tea, but this is the writer third comic project for me. It just not working.
    I was only reading for Tatsu and Jefferson and was pulling for their relationship. All this future state stuff doesn't hold my attention.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    He did start off in WAR (We Are Robin). So him being Robin is semi justified.

They probably wanted to new characters but familiar names. Hence why 'Cass' is basically Asian Babs on that show.
    My guess is more that they wanted versions of Robin and Batgirls, that are basically the classic version but racially diverse, and avoid the whole race bending discussion.

So in the end it Duke and Cass, will likely be portrait similar to like Dick and Barbara typically a in TV shows for kids...

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I was only reading for Tatsu and Jefferson and was pulling for their relationship. All this future state stuff doesn't hold my attention.
    Thanks for reply

I always wondred why a relationship between them never happen before. When they both seem very family oriented. Even thou Tatsu story had Halo as a surrogate daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellscream View Post
    Thanks for reply

I always wondred why a relationship between them never happen before. When they both seem very family oriented. Even thou Tatsu story had Halo as a surrogate daughter.
    I think there's a lot of potential. Bryan Hill seemed to be going in that direction right before Tony Isabella's childish outburst. I was hoping Thomas would be picking off where Hill left but instead it seems like he just friendzoned Jefferson. Hope I'm wrong. Tatsu and Jeff are two of my favorites.

absolutely loved this story, tho I am a little sad because Outsiders were the only story I was picking up Urban Legends for. Duke was the central character (he most definitely needed more rehabing after the extremely underwhelming use of him in the last Outsiders run) but I very much appreciated that Thomas didn't fall into the same trap as Hill and had the Outsiders feel like an actual team with no one ever feeling like they were being sold short. Future State Duke is THAT DUDE and his Outsiders team looks insanely cool.

as much as I love Future State Duke and wouldn't hate seeing more of him and his team in the future, I think he's fulfilled his purpose now; course correcting and setting a clear direction for Duke Thomas going forward. now I hope that if this spin into it's own book (which i maintain is very likely) it follows the Outsider in the present and gives Duke his Future State gear, because that fit was perfect for him. I want to know if Duke kept the future soultaker or if he's gonna acquire it's present day counterpart. I wanna see Duke meet and bond with Teekl. i wanna know who the magic lady that tried to help Duke and Jefferson and if she was maybe one of the rotating members. I want to know who the female Metamorpho and the lady with the sword are; maybe she's the keeper of the second souktaker? I wanna see the origin of Jefferson's curse, which I feel is connected to Katana’s family and their magic. there is so much one the table to explore!
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-14-2021 at 06:53 PM.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I would like the see Clownhunter become a member of the Outsiders. He’s an interesting character but one who could potentially disappear if not added to a team. Plus his more “proactive” style fits well with the team.