Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The whole "everything is canon" thing will never make sense because you will have stories that overlap and can't exist as the same time. Obviously things like Donna's messy origin history is a big example, but also basic things like which Bludhaven introduction is canon. Dixon or Seeley's. Both tell the story of Dick's first time in the city but are very different.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    If everyone remembers everything that each of them has done in all continuities then there should be alot of drama and trust issues. The point of Harley as a character was someone who was willing to commit any kind of atrocity just to please Mr.Jay.
    She also enjoyed doing bad things and got off on it too. Maybe murdering a bunch of kids was too far for her, but she did enjoy a lot of the things being a criminal allowed her to do.

Does it really matter? Isn't the whole point of current Harley that she knows she was a **** human being in the past and wants to get better? Whether this event happened or not, does it really change anything for her in the long run? Aside from adding on to the gallons of blood she already has on her hands?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Does it really matter? Isn't the whole point of current Harley that she knows she was a **** human being in the past and wants to get better? Whether this event happened or not, does it really change anything for her in the long run? Aside from adding on to the gallons of blood she already has on her hands?
    She's not even the worst hero/anti hero with a body count in comics anyway. Take Wolverine for example, might as well be a serial killer, with god knows how many bodies to his name and has no reservations about killing but is still treated as a hero. So is Venom as well. I think Harley deserves a chance as she's trying to do better.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Morrison's retcon of talia raping Bruce was retconned by Morrison and Tomasi. Bruce himself recalls the night and narrates on the events, describing it as he was inlove and followed his heart. So don't think that applies.
    I know but we're talking about everyone remembering everything so even with retcon it's gonna be remembered

Anyway, I was making a point when I posted that list, that if people want Harley to take responsibility of that it's gonna apply for everyone and every weird, awkward, bad, evil things throughout 80+ years, including all the Superdickery Superman did.

My actual attitude toward this is is just because they remember it doesn't mean they're the ones who did it. As far as I know they are all still the Rebirth/DCU version, not the one doing all those things in the previous version.

Still gonna make an awkward situation though, but I fully expect no one to utilize this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Well, a lot of Harley fans hate it, even in context with everything else she's done, so I think it's a valid question.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Well, a lot of Harley fans hate it, even in context with everything else she's done, so I think it's a valid question.
    If they hate it why would they want her to remember it and bring it up again?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    If they hate it why would they want her to remember it and bring it up again?
    You're missing my point. They don't even want the possibility of her remembering this back. They want it GONE.

Injustice Harley helped nuke a city and she’s on the JL, don’t know why anyone is even bothering to hold out hope Harley will ever face any serious repercussions for her crimes.

You're missing my point. They don't even want the possibility of her remembering this back. They want it GONE.
    But bringing it back up isn't going to change anything. If it happened, it happened. Her remembering it now is only going to bring it back into focus. Just ignore it and move on.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

This new reboot apparently retconned a lot of deaths since flashpoint as well(Not sure how or why)
    So maybe some of you can finally put this story to bed

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

How bout we just forget the whole Death Metal thing and hopefully get good stories?

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    oh my god dude, with all due respect but you ask the same question every time continuity is brought up! you kinda gotta get over it dude. these characters ain't real, their crimes ain't real, them kids ain't real; it's fine.
    Or LordUltimus can ask their question and, if it’s something you don’t want to discuss, don’t comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    This new reboot apparently retconned a lot of deaths since flashpoint as well(Not sure how or why)
    So maybe some of you can finally put this story to bed
    I thought they just ressurected the people who died during Death Metal.

I think it's more of people will remember things differently now

Fantastic Member

I thought they just ressurected the people who died during Death Metal.
    There's a line from Hawkgirl towards the end:
    "Also, sensors indicate some of the dead have returned. Not just those who fell in battle, but people who died before recent events...
    As for the major powers of the old multiverse, the one we can't find any trace of yet...is Darkseid."

Other than that seeming to set up Darkseid's return in the next event (Noooo!), I have no idea who those dead are.
    Last edited by Jwyatt; 01-05-2021 at 07:55 PM.