Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So regarding the upcoming movie, does anyone think that they’ll really make Fallon Grey canon in the MCU since she got screwed out of being in the comics during ANAD? I honestly don’t know how I’d feel about it.
    I think that's been done honestly. It's just movie blogs that don't read comics keeping that rumor alive.

So regarding the upcoming movie, does anyone think that they’ll really make Fallon Grey canon in the MCU since she got screwed out of being in the comics during ANAD? I honestly don’t know how I’d feel about it.
    If done right I’m all for Fallon/a Fallon like character, by done right I mean supporting character/sidekick not as the lead over Blade

I'd rather not see her at this point. Since Afua Richardson dropped out I'd rather just see Marvel leave it alone and put 100% of the energy into promoting Blade himself. I support female characters but part of me feels that the genesis of Fallon as originally pitched was basically "Black Buffy" (with a possible comedic bent), and inevitably there would be efforts to have Blade be pwned in fights to illustrate that Fallon "is possibly more powerful than anyone imagined"... or however that trope of mysterious uber-power goes..

people are very keen on seeing a character that doesn't even exist yet
    The J-man

The J-man

Mighty Member

sounds like we're getting Blade re-assembling the Avengers every issue of Heroes Reborn. I feel like this story is really trying to lock Blade into the Avengers mythos. I still doubt other writers will respect that after Aaron leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    sounds like we're getting Blade re-assembling the Avengers every issue of Heroes Reborn. I feel like this story is really trying to lock Blade into the Avengers mythos. I still doubt other writers will respect that after Aaron leaves.
    that's part of what's really messed up. Just by default, so many other writers, for racial nostalgia reasons don't see Blade as an integral "modern" character to keep involved with the series, they tend to reflexively land on the Big Three of Steve, Thor, and Tony with a lean toward the lineups circa 1965-80, and that's it.

I guess we'll see how this unfolds. I can see Blade tempted to love a world without vampires but hating how Mephisto benefits from it. (I'd still love to see Blade cut off his head on principle; in his own way, he's a mega-vampire, feeding on the energy of souls.. we'll see if Mephisto decides Blade is a major threat. If I were to buy commissioned art in the near future I'd have it be Blade vs Mephisto. hmm..).

Probably won’t but I’m still hold out hope..

Mighty Member

Wolverines been the only storyline so far really picking up on the new vampire nation, it's been pretty interesting so far

Mighty Member

Between Wolverine, Avengers, Heroes Reborn, and King Jr Black, I have a feeling they're building towards launching a Blade book or a new tomb of Dracula

Between Wolverine, Avengers, Heroes Reborn, and King Jr Black, I have a feeling they're building towards launching a Blade book or a new tomb of Dracula
    How about "The Tomb of Blade" as a provocative title? Blade would still be a hero of course, but maybe he bumps off a prominent politician who is a vampire-familiar and gets a target on his head..

Mighty Member

I like it. It also puts Blade in a unique position. Spoilers for anyone who hasn't read Avengers today (I don't know how to do the spoiler things)

Blade seems like he's taking a leave of the Avengers to serve as the official "Sheriff" of the Vampire State on behalf of the Avengers and the United Nations. Which is interesting because while he's basically appointed to uphold international law and sanctioned to kill any of them that step out of line, it might mean he also has to support them against unjust external threats. And guess who's on a collision course with the Vampire State? Wolverine and the rest of Krakoa.

wait what?!

where is this story going?
    The J-man

Mighty Member

It's weird because Blade is still with the Avengers in that Hulk story in the summer, but this issue felt like a send off.

With the movie coming out next year and how much they've been building up this vampire state, it does make sense for them to at least try a new series

with vampires gathering/gathered in the Chernobyl district, what are their rules on, well, feeding? harvesting animals only? synthetic blood producing devices?

... if there was a safe way to detonate nuclear bombs in that area (or even a not-so-safe way), Blade would be crazy enough to do it, lol..