Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Fear the Day walker. Blade Appreciation 2021

We start the year assured of the knowledge we are getting our guy back, and in a big way in the MCU! Now we need to see the return of a solo series for Blade! Please pack pics and post to this thread for him!

Happy New Year to my favorite vampire hunter .

What are new or interesting things that should be included or explored with a new ongoing book for Blade?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    What are new or interesting things that should be included or explored with a new ongoing book for Blade?
    customized weapons.
    More fighting styles.
    more creatures beyond traditional vampires. break out the Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual update and have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    customized weapons.
    More fighting styles.
    more creatures beyond traditional vampires. break out the Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual update and have at it.
    Nice, agreed. I praying that with the growing expansion of vampire nation, we see a foundation built for Blades future sustainability. Then extended to larger supernatural and mystical worlds where there more interaction with Strange, Voodoo, and even Captain Britain.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    customized weapons.
    More fighting styles.
    Exactly, I'd love to see more worldbuilding. Blade has really expanded in the last few years, between fighting the literal Devil and Asgardian demons. I'd love to see Blade's world and hunting expand to reflect that. Like him tailing particular threats to other realms. They could build on his relationship with boy-thing and Dr. Voodoo to do that.

Also exploring new vampires. I liked that the Blade anime showed him fighting various versions of vampires throughout Asia, itd be cool to see some version from Africa or the Caribbean.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Exactly, I'd love to see more worldbuilding. Blade has really expanded in the last few years, between fighting the literal Devil and Asgardian demons. I'd love to see Blade's world and hunting expand to reflect that. Like him tailing particular threats to other realms. They could build on his relationship with boy-thing and Dr. Voodoo to do that.

Also exploring new vampires. I liked that the Blade anime showed him fighting various versions of vampires throughout Asia, itd be cool to see some version from Africa or the Caribbean.
    You looking to get that gig? Spot on ideas that need to be explored!

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Blade: Challenger of the supernatural?

I remember him in the marvel game and he was fighting the brood and went.

Damn. Space vampires.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Mighty Member

I mean they had him fighting a new version of the brood in Marvel Zombies 2, although he really doesn't do much in the series.

I'm also curious with Blade re-surfacing so strongly over the last few years, what are your favorite Blade moments?

I gotta co-sign some of the suggestions here. Diverse weapons and fighting styles are a clear cut choice and frankly something I expect to see going forward.

Worldbuilding is a must. I'd like to get a better sense of the Marvel monster hunter society. How many other vampire hunters are out there? Secret societies? Blade is obviously number one by a big margin, but is he respected or feared by his peers? I'm talking about the low level, average human hunters (not a job I'd recommend).

Blade often works alone, but he's not opposed to teaming up (lol he's an Avenger now). We know what his relationship is like with Doctor Strange, Hellstrum, Satana and Doctor Voodoo but how does he get along with Elsa Bloodstone or Swamp Thing etc. ?

What's the monster underworld like these days beyond just vampire society, although I like what Aaron did with the Marvel vamps and I can't wait to read Dracula and the Vampire naiton are scheming.

Let's see my favorite Blade moments.....

-Blade vs Deadpool
    -Ultimate Blade meets Ultimate Spider-Man
    -Blade dressed as Spider-Hero. Doc Ocks reacton is hilarious.
    -Blade vs 100 Mindless ones
    -Avengers vampire arc

Deadpool: The Guantlet- I feel like that's when Marvel started to get why Blade is so appealing and that's when you started to see more quality Blade storries pop up in the 616. Obviously, Hudlin channeled Wesley Snipes back in that Black Panther story arc set in New Orleans and Mark Millar did the same thing for that Ultimate Avengers storyline, but after that we had like 5+ years of limbo or bad Blade storries.

honorable mention to the classics: Crescent City Blues, Tomb of Draculas and Nightstalkers
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Gotta go with this moment as a favorite:

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Gotta go with this moment as a favorite:

Blade having his weapons be booby trapped so that they cannot easily be used against him is something that absolutely needs to be shown more frequently.

^^^ was this some kind of demon thor? what comic was this? lol..

Mighty Member

From that Dr. Strange: Damnation series from a couple years back. It's a ghost rider thor

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWind View Post
    Blade having his weapons be booby trapped so that they cannot easily be used against him is something that absolutely needs to be shown more frequently.
    It's kind of crazy how some fo the best Blade elements or story lines still pull from the first or second movie.

The Blade anime scripted by Warren Wllis strongly took plot points and elements form the first two movies. The recent Vampire Arc by Jason Aaron in Avengers shares several key elements with the second Blade movie. The Sins of the Father storyline etc.
    The J-man