Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    My only issue is the inclusion of Wolverine..??? Iron Man..??? There's a team that was already formidable and they wanted to add flashy heroes to it.
    according to the developer it's technically a crossover between the Avengers and the Midnight Sons, not that those other characters are midnight sons.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    what comic are you talking about?
    Avengers that came out today. There's a scene with Blade in it briefly

Incredible Member

MIDNIGHT SONS gameplay trailer. Featuring Eric Brooks voiced by Michael Jai White. Who I thought before Mahershala Ali was announced to play Blade for the MCU entry to the BLADE franchise. Would've been my choice to play the Daywalker in live action. Also Cal Dodd, of X-MEN:The Animated Series fame returns voicing Wolverine

On guys I'd love to see take on the reigns for writing a BLADE comic series would be Shawn Kittelsen. Who did a superb job of writing DC's MORTAL KOMBAT X maxi series a few years back. Along with artists Dexter Soy, Igor Vitorino, and,Daniel Sampere. Along with the martial arts action, and horror elements in the story the team crafted a tale that I could the Daywalker fit into quite well.
    I'd also still go with HACK/SLASH co-creator Tim Seeley on a BLADE mag. We almost got a look at how that would've gone back in 2011 with the now defunct BLADE. Although featuring his daughter, Fallon Grey, who as far as I know. Has yet to put in an actual comic appearance other than interviews about the defunct book. Seeley, an excellent artist in his own right. Would also be suited to draw the book as well. His style similar to the artwork in the BLADE anime. I'm also surprised Marvel didn't approach either Craig Kyle or Chris Yost for a pitch on Blade's ongoing adventures with their experience in cinematic world, and their comic works such as X-FORCE run. Which gave us the horror themed Necrosha arc. An arc whose main antagonist, Selene, the Black Queen, a nigh immortal mutant succubus, sorceress. And horror themed slain mutants returned from the dead to serve her. Not too mention X-FORCE covers by Clayton Crain. Were homages to numerous classic vampire flicks of the past few decades. Crain, another artist I'd be keen on seeing take on the Daywalker.

Mighty Member

I liked that the Seeley book was going to really branch Blade out and take him away from vampires for a bit, but it also worried me that the main premise was that his daughter was more powerful than him and he was slowing down. I feel like we still haven't gotten enough Blade solo stories that have allowed him to shine.

Mighty Member

Bassam talking about his excitement for Blade a bit. Sounds like he, Mahershala, and Stacy (obviously as the writer) are really collaborating heavily on the vision for this movie. He's been consulting a bit with Chloe Zhao on his approach too. I'm really loving this creative team.

So he's excited to be directing the film. That's great. This interview doesn't fill me with confidence since he says he's learning but will see what happens.

In other news, Sony has released the Blade anime is on youtube. I'm pretty sure it's still free on Crackle (if that service still exists).

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...outube/.176990

It's annoying the original outro ending & song can't be used anymore. I liked the original when the anime premiered, but I guess it's in some weird rights territory issue, and they had to replace it.
    The J-man

The J-man

this article is well written

Blade's MCU Debut Shows How Marvel Failed Him In The Comics
    https://screenrant.com/blade-failed-...m-tariq-canon/
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Just give him a series already!

DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE: BLADE #1
    DANNY LORE (W) • DYLAN BURNETT (A)
    Cover by BOSSLOGIC
    A long time ago, Doctor Strange destroyed every vampire in the world with one spell, including Dracula. Now, with Strange dead, Dracula’s Vampire Nation celebrates!
    That doesn’t sit too well with Strange’s old friend, and new Vampire Nation sheriff, Blade the Vampire Hunter! But what happens when interlopers from another dimension invade the vamp’s territory and put all the bloodsuckers’ lives at risk? Will Blade do his duty to protect them? Or will he help make sure the vamps stay wiped out this time?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Blade's design for the one-shot.

Blade as the lord of vampires

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...s-announcement

There are some other pages in there too
    Why does he have biker shorts on?

Just give him a series already!

The vampire Sherrif storyline is so weird. This is why I say current comics are like R&D for other things where they throw concepts at the wall to see what sticks.

I'm glad he's getting more push and shine, but this also speaks to a disconnect at Marvel comics. After the BP movie, T'Challa got some extra exposure, but he also got more poorly written storylines that he'd avoided in the past.

There was just such a fundamental disconnect between Marvel comics and what Blade had done at the time. They put him in stories and tried two solo series (one isn't canon). I don't know if the writers at the time didn't enjoy those late 90s and early 2000s Marvel movies, but those were transformative for a generation. What Wesley and co. did with the original Blade concept cannot be understated.
    I won't even get into how it paved the way for Spider-Man and X-men movies or inspired other films like Van Hellsing and Underworld. That film was a progenitor to the Matrix and helped further that film in design, dress, and cinematography. Not only that, but he flipped the script on Vampire films.
    The majority of mainstream vampire films at the time were all kind of in that Bramstroker vampire vain. The vampires were floaty, magical, sometimes romantics. Then Blade changed all that.
    The first film introduced several comic and manga tropes that were irregular for Western Hollywood films. Blade had this balance of horror, martial arts, and superhero action, and they wrapped it together in a great story. Heck, they even made a great sequel, which helped inspire Hellboy and others. We won't talk about the third film, which was such a lazy script, and some executives trying to give Ryan Reynolds the franchise, but I digress.

I could write a decent Blade comic. Marvel needs to hire someone in their 30s who has a better sense of the specific genre Blade belongs to/inhabits. A credible writer for a passion for these types of stories.

Berserk (Gutts), Vampire Hunter D, Samurai Jack, The Witcher, Solomon Kane, the Belmonts in Castlevania, Blood Hunters in DnD. These characters have always been incredibly compelling when written well. Each character has a unique flavor. Blade is no different. Just find that tone and make some magic. Marvel could at least make a decent Blade solo. Lord knows they turn out mediocre stories for other heroes on the regular.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Why does he have biker shorts on?
    Lol. Can you all stop bumping this image on every page and reminding me of this terrible design. My goodness. Please and thank you.
    The J-man

the masks look like the Beetle's original helmet. lol
    I hope that the one-shot ends with Blade clearly showing that he's still in charge with an advantage, and not Dracula.

Incredible Member

Or the original Red Hood's helmet. With visible lenses ,and ventilation tubing. Mixed with Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Guard.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    the masks look like the Beetle's original helmet. lol
    I hope that the one-shot ends with Blade clearly showing that he's still in charge with an advantage, and not Dracula.
    Honestly I'm still waiting for them to have a showdown. It's been over a decade since Blade and Dracula have fought

Honestly I'm still waiting for them to have a showdown. It's been over a decade since Blade and Dracula have fought
    I'm halfway remembering a black/white backup story (semi-Kirby style art) that ended with Blade being trapped and Dracula promising to torture him... I don't recall it ever being addressed.. I guess Blade escaped.. lol..