Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    It's interesitng that Blade seems to be on great terms with Angela and Thor.
    then hopefully they can give him some anti-monster weapons and enchanted items to use.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    then hopefully they can give him some anti-monster weapons and enchanted items to use.
    Hopefully Thor can give him a map to Atum's house and get Blade real Demogorge'd up.

Imma write that fanfiction one day.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWind View Post
    Hopefully Thor can give him a map to Atum's house and get Blade real Demogorge'd up.

Imma write that fanfiction one day.
    Reminds me how I would love to see a SwitchBlade figure, with hell cycle included, one day in the future. And getting to writing my own Blade/Underworld fan-fic.

King In Black #5 Spoilers – What Future For Marvel Vampires?

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/king...rvel-vampires/
    The J-man

Mighty Member

kinda seems like the writer of this article didn't realize that the vampire nation had already been set up in Chernobyl

Mighty Member

glorious!

Who is he fighting?! Doctor Spectrum?

Also, I'm just in awe that Marvel is finally having top-tier artists draw Blade in his iconic look. Other than some covers from his short-lived solo and debatably that BP New Orleans arc, it's not something we've seen until recently.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

some more preview art for heroes reborn #1. I'm getting pretty excited for this story:

Tracks I got love for you, but you never post links you just post images and send me on a google search lol

Last edited by Jabare; 04-09-2021 at 05:11 PM.
    The J-man

^^^ oh wow. Wish that was a poster.

it would be great to see a mini series exploring Blades history in past decades. 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, etc.

Mighty Member

my bad haha

and this is dope. i'm hoping Blade is really heavily featured in the first few issues.

Mighty Member

If you had to rank, who's written the best Blade fights/action? Then captured his character the best?

I think Aaron, with Ewing as a close second for action

I think Cornell for character

Fights?

That's tough because I break Blade down into 3 categories. OG Blade (Wolfman/Tomb of Dracula), Nighstalkers 90s, and Modern.

For the original characterization, you'd have to say, Wolfman.

For the 90s you'd have to debate between Don McGregor, Ian Edginton, and D. G. Chichester.

For Modern Blade, it's either between Aaron or Al Ewing. Honorable mention to Brian Posehn and Gerry Dugan (Deadpool Dracula's Gauntlet).
    *yes, I'm ignoring the weird haircut/tattoo version of Blade. I don't care if he was written well in Captain Britain and MI13

Honestly, I'd probably give more credit to the artist than the writers. It's no secret I was not a fan of Marc Guggenheim and Howard Chaykin's Blade series. They had some good ideas but executed them poorly. However, when Marc Guggenheim worked with Dave Wilkins the fight scenes really popped because of the amazing artistry.

for characterization........let me think about it and get back to you.
    The J-man

So regarding the upcoming movie, does anyone think that they’ll really make Fallon Grey canon in the MCU since she got screwed out of being in the comics during ANAD? I honestly don’t know how I’d feel about it.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Fights?

That's tough because I break Blade down into 3 categories. OG Blade (Wolfman/Tomb of Dracula), Nighstalkers 90s, and Modern.

For the original characterization, you'd have to say, Wolfman.

For the 90s you'd have to debate between Don McGregor, Ian Edginton, and D. G. Chichester.

For Modern Blade, it's either between Aaron or Al Ewing. Honorable mention to Brian Posehn and Gerry Dugan (Deadpool Dracula's Gauntlet).
    *yes, I'm ignoring the weird haircut/tattoo version of Blade. I don't care if he was written well in Captain Britain and MI13

Honestly, I'd probably give more credit to the artist than the writers. It's no secret I was not a fan of Marc Guggenheim and Howard Chaykin's Blade series. They had some good ideas but executed them poorly. However, when Marc Guggenheim worked with Dave Wilkins the fight scenes really popped because of the amazing artistry.

for characterization........let me think about it and get back to you.
    Main reason i didn't like Guggenheim is his fights usually lacked creativity. Even the Wilkins fight..Blade stabbed Wolverine, Wolverine slashed Blade and it was basically over. I appreciate that Aaron thinks about creative ways for Blade to win his fights, same for Ewing.