Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

We’ll see how it goes. I’m still more interested in Mahershala as Blade in a Disney+ series, or maybe it goes to Showtime or HBO if they were to make it Rated R or sub-R like the Netflix TV shows. If this still ends up as a film, I guess it will end up PG 13, which will inevitably disappoint some, but theoretically make for more box office receipts by traditional marketing. (but of course there's Deadpool, but of course those flicks are also comedies...)

Since Disney/Marvel doesn't own Whistler, will they dig deeper for Blade’s potential supporting cast: Frank Drake, Hannibal King, Rachel Van Helsing (love interest?), Quincy Harker, etc. (Or have zero supporting cast at all?)

Maybe Wesley Snipes can play Jamahl Afari, Blade’s comics-canon mentor. Of course, now we are in the era of “The Multiverse” thanks to Loki, so he can show up as Blade, too.. but my guess is that wouldn’t be until any sort of Avengers: War on Kang event.

Mighty Member

I always prefer the movies to the shows since the movies are allowed to have larger stakes and make lasting changes to the universe, whereas even the better shows have to try and contain themselves (loki being the biggest difference). Also the budget makes all the difference.

as long as there is enough time given to appropriately craft a story arc without feeling rushed or drawn out. That can be a movie or a series. Sometimes they do too much with movies and they are rushed the same for short 6 to 8 episode series. Sometimes a 13 to 24 episode season is too long and they've got side story fillers or needless episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    We’ll see how it goes. I’m still more interested in Mahershala as Blade in a Disney+ series, or maybe it goes to Showtime or HBO if they were to make it Rated R or sub-R like the Netflix TV shows. If this still ends up as a film, I guess it will end up PG 13, which will inevitably disappoint some, but theoretically make for more box office receipts by traditional marketing. (but of course there's Deadpool, but of course those flicks are also comedies...)

Since Disney/Marvel doesn't own Whistler, will they dig deeper for Blade’s potential supporting cast: Frank Drake, Hannibal King, Rachel Van Helsing (love interest?), Quincy Harker, etc. (Or have zero supporting cast at all?)

Maybe Wesley Snipes can play Jamahl Afari, Blade’s comics-canon mentor. Of course, now we are in the era of “The Multiverse” thanks to Loki, so he can show up as Blade, too.. but my guess is that wouldn’t be until any sort of Avengers: War on Kang event.
    My guy, you have to know Disney is not doing anything on HBO or Showtime. Disney owns the rights. We are in the era of streaming wars. Content is king. Companies that have their own platforms will air their content on their platforms. Only companies like Sony or other arms dealers sell to other networks or SVODs.

A theatrical release guarantees the largest budget because it has the highest return potential. The budget for the film should be somewhere in the $200M+ range. This allows Disney to release it in the movies and on Disney+ for $30 until it drops for free.

If they wanted to do a Blade show somewhere else they could still make a high-budget six-episode Disney+ show. Although I do find the quality of the action and special effects isn't always on par with the movies. Disney could also drop the show on Hulu which they hold a majority stake in. They could drop it on ABC. They could drop it on A&E or another network or service they own a significant stake in. Hell ESPN.

But they will not be sending anything to Netflix. They will not be sending anything to HBO Max or similar services. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN FOR OBVIOUS REASONS.

That being said a theatrical release or a big-budget Disney+ release are the best bets for a quality product. Those confer the highest budgets and resources. If the new Blade project has a lot of over-the-top fight scenes and special effects I'd prefer a movie release. If it's more narrative-driven and doesn't rely on over-the-top fight scenes and special effects then Disney+ may deliver a richer and more thorough storyline.

Frankly, I'm not familiar with this director so I'm going in with muted expectations.

Rumor is Wesley might pop up as Blade from another universe but he's not going to be involved in the new Blade film and I understand the decision. Blade will probably have a supporting cast in the film, but whether they fill more of a Whistler role or just people he temporarily aligns himself with remains to be seen.
    The J-man

Do you think Blade and Moon Knight are being developed so they have grounded movies to contrast with the movies and shows dealing with the high concept stuff like the Multiverse? They can't keep milking the Winter Soldier vibe forever.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Do you think Blade and Moon Knight are being developed so they have grounded movies to contrast with the movies and shows dealing with the high concept stuff like the Multiverse? They can't keep milking the Winter Soldier vibe forever.
    hopefully the plan is to also reboot the "Defenders" in Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil.. I'm not hung up on seeing Jessica Jones right away, but if they include her, fine.
    If Blade can be part of a semi-street level team, fine, but he deserves some Avengers-level appearances, too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Nope, the opposite. These guys are probably going to deal with the fallout from all this magical multiverse stuff. Blade has also been an Avenger for like 3-4 years go, so I think they'll keep him a part of all that stuff on some level.

https://www.cbr.com/blade-underworld...ale-crossover/

Even though the film crossover won't happen (unless Disney buys the franchise), one place where it can happen is in the comics. If Kevin Grevioux can write it, all the better.
    Underworld's Kate Beckinsale Still Really Wants a Blade Crossover
    Underworld star Kate Beckinsale still wants a version of Blade to cameo in the supernatural film franchise

While Blade is officially moving to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, one non-MCU vampire movie star still hopes to see the Daywalker appear in her franchise somehow.

Underworld star Kate Beckinsale recently told Variety that, despite not knowing the franchise's future, merging Blade and Selene's worlds together always appealed to her as a story idea. "I really wanted them to do an Underworld/Blade mashup. What a duo that would be," Beckinsale said, admitting, "I would definitely do that, but I think they just wanted to reboot Blade as Blade so they didn't go for it."

RELATED:
    Blade: How Marvel’s Vampire Hunter Joined The Avengers

A Blade crossover with Underworld was briefly considered but never went anywhere. According to Beckinsale during a 2016 Q&A for the franchise's fifth movie, Underworld: Blood Wars, Underworld's production team pitched the idea to Marvel only for them to turn it down because, as she put it, "They're doing something else with Blade." By that point, New Line Cinema had sold Marvel Studios the character's rights back and had not made a live-action Blade film since 2004's Blade: Trinity, which came out a year after the first Underworld was released.

yeah it would only happen in the comics at the point

if New Line still had the Blade rights I bet the crossover would happen. I doubt the story would have been amazing but seeing Blade and Selene together would have been so cool
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    yeah it would only happen in the comics at the point

if New Line still had the Blade rights I bet the crossover would happen. I doubt the story would have been amazing but seeing Blade and Selene together would have been so cool
    Better still would be instead of two of them fighting each other they become a permanent couple (lovers) taking on the underworld of the undead.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-22-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Blade leaves the Avengers and team gets wrecked the next issue

Last edited by Jabare; 08-02-2021 at 08:21 PM.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Blade's design for the one-shot.

Blade as the lord of vampires

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...s-announcement

There are some other pages in there too

that designs so ugly. What happened to the cool design from War of the Realms: Strikeforce ?

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Blade's design for the one-shot.

Blade as the lord of vampires

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...s-announcement

There are some other pages in there too
    So is it me or is there an "A" design in the mix there?

well.. Looks more like someone Blade should be fighting, rather than an alternate future.. but oh well.. Hope this issue sells decent (or better?)
    --- this guy isn't being kept around like "Dark Beast" was, is he? lol..

Mighty Member

Lord/Old Man Blade seems more like if regular Blade eventually just took the throne

this one looks like if regular Blade just went super saiyan or something and leaned into all that pent up vampirism. I kinda like evil Blade...shows how different he is from the one we're familiar with. Also I've just always wondered if Blade had this side in him that he was fighting to control.

Also I doubt we ever see this version again. This is such a random event, I doubt it has any effect on anything else. I think it was already supposed to come out last year, so I really doubt anything lasting comes from it.
    Last edited by Tracks; 08-06-2021 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

that designs so ugly. What happened to the cool design from War of the Realms: Strikeforce ?

My "G" What the hell is this from?? Where can I get it?