Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    That's something myself and others have been saying for some time now. Outside of Nightstalkers in the 90s, Blade does have a few adventures in the last decades where he is tackling non-vampire threats. So, I think Marvel is aware of it. People also forget Marvel shelved Blade for a bit and were pushing this other good-natured vampire named Raizo for a second.

He fights against Succubus Queen and other undead creatures in Deadpool the Gauntlet.

He battles these weird chicken creatures and some Cultists trying to resurrect some ancient evil in Mighty Avengers.

He fights Dark Elves in that War of Realms: Strikeforce one-shot. He also fights these body-snatching fae creatures (I forget their names), along with several other heroes, in the short-lived Strikeforce comic.

you should make a thread, I'd vote
    Isn't a bit redundant to have both Blade and Bucky on the same team? And is Billy?

Kind of miffed that Marvel still hasn’t given him a new solo with the movie coming. Waiting to learn more about the movie so they can synergies Blade with his MCU counterpart perhaps? Also they should definitely make it a horror book like Immortal Hulk, take Blade back to his roots!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ending a long day with a little Blade.

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Isn't a bit redundant to have both Blade and Bucky on the same team? And is Billy?
    no.

The ragtag team-up was composed for narrative purposes.

You also seem to be confusing Bucky with someone else, since he and Balde are wholly dissimilar.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

no.

The ragtag team-up was composed for narrative purposes.

You also seem to be confusing Bucky with someone else, since he and Balde are wholly dissimilar.
    I guess if somebody is thinking about power set..another superhuman gun user, but in that series Blade was more close combat and Winter Soldier long-range.

Anyway, one thing I don't understand about Aaron's vampire is they don't always burst into ash when they die. There were times when Red Widow was cutting their throats and they would just bleed out. And in the most recent issue, Blade said the vampires were dead even though they were just lying there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I guess if somebody is thinking about power set..another superhuman gun user, but in that series Blade was more close combat and Winter Soldier long-range.

Anyway, one thing I don't understand about Aaron's vampire is they don't always burst into ash when they die. There were times when Red Widow was cutting their throats and they would just bleed out. And in the most recent issue, Blade said the vampires were dead even though they were just lying there.

No, that's like saying having Luke Cage on the same team as Werewolf by Night is redundant or Spider-Man and Cap on the same team is redundant. Wolverine and Cap etc. They have broad similarities.

Bucky's approach to combat is entirely different than Blade's. Also, they have vastly different histories and ideologies. Bucky is similar to Captain America just swap his shield for a gun and throw in a little past Hydra brainwashing. Blade is an old experienced supernatural hunter. Blade didn't even use firearms in that series; he was all swords and daggers. Not to mention his vamp speed, regeneration, and other vampire abilities.

And although this story was kind of up and down, I liked that this team came about for the larger narrative instead of just trying to fit characters out to balance out a Dungeon and Dragons roster, which so many superhero books try to do these days.

No, in the most recent Avengers, I took it as they weren't dead, but Blade was going to kill them, which is why he told T'Challa they were all dead. We even see him stabbing one with his sword to finish what She-Hulk started. Very on-brand for Blade

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 2.15.41 PM.jpg
    Last edited by Jabare; 09-16-2021 at 11:16 AM.
    The J-man

THE DARKHOLD OMEGA #1
    STEVE ORLANDO (W) • CIAN TORMEY (A) • Cover by JOE BENNETT
    VARIANT COVER BY SCOTT HEPBURN • SPOILER VARIANT COVER BY GARY FRANK
    DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY CIAN TORMEY
    THE FATE OF ALL EXISTENCE LIES IN THE HANDS OF FIVE TWISTED MINDS! Five of the world's greatest heroes – Spider-Man, Black Bolt, Blade, Wasp, and Iron Man – took a chance and read from the cursed Darkhold. They were meant to gain the power to fight back the dread elder god Chthon – but instead they've lost their minds and all they once held dear. Was it worth the cost? And who is their bold new ally – a product of Chthon's dark dimension, or something else entirely? Steve Orlando and Cian Tormey deliver a heart-pounding conclusion to the epic Darkhold event – and introduce a hero who will take the Marvel Universe by storm!

let me guess it's the Hunter from Marvel Midnight Suns game
    Last edited by Jabare; 09-16-2021 at 06:13 PM.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

No, that's like saying having Luke Cage on the same team as Werewolf by Night is redundant or Spider-Man and Cap on the same team is redundant. Wolverine and Cap etc. They have broad similarities.

Bucky's approach to combat is entirely different than Blade's. Also, they have vastly different histories and ideologies. Bucky is similar to Captain America just swap his shield for a gun and throw in a little past Hydra brainwashing. Blade is an old experienced supernatural hunter. Blade didn't even use firearms in that series; he was all swords and daggers. Not to mention his vamp speed, regeneration, and other vampire abilities.

And although this story was kind of up and down, I liked that this team came about for the larger narrative instead of just trying to fit characters out to balance out a Dungeon and Dragons roster, which so many superhero books try to do these days.

No, in the most recent Avengers, I took it as they weren't dead, but Blade was going to kill them, which is why he told T'Challa they were all dead. We even see him stabbing one with his sword to finish what She-Hulk started. Very on-brand for Blade

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 2.15.41 PM.jpg
    i don't think it makes sense on a character perspective, but yea if someone is just thinking about powerset, which is how some people think about redundancy on teams, then i get it. like I was saying, Howard made it so Blade was more close combat and so didn't use any of his firearms to balance that out. It's more like when street fighter decided not to include Blade because they had Deadpool and they weren't sure how to make them play that differently.

also yea that's my point, in that scene he's "killing" one by stabbing it in the chest and it doesn't burst into flames or ash. similar to the scene with the red widow when she's torturing dracula by just slaying his consorts. they're shown to be vampires cause a few of them "hss" when they come into the room. but she just guts them, and they bleed out on the floor. it's clear from the story this is "killing them" because the bodies are strewn all over the floor and dracula is, at least, pretending to cry. i think aaron just likes his vampire scenes to be bloody.

i don't think it makes sense on a character perspective, but yea if someone is just thinking about powerset, which is how some people think about redundancy on teams, then i get it. like I was saying, Howard made it so Blade was more close combat and so didn't use any of his firearms to balance that out. It's more like when street fighter decided not to include Blade because they had Deadpool and they weren't sure how to make them play that differently.

also yea that's my point, in that scene he's "killing" one by stabbing it in the chest and it doesn't burst into flames or ash. similar to the scene with the red widow when she's torturing dracula by just slaying his consorts. they're shown to be vampires cause a few of them "hss" when they come into the room. but she just guts them, and they bleed out on the floor. it's clear from the story this is "killing them" because the bodies are strewn all over the floor and dracula is, at least, pretending to cry. i think aaron just likes his vampire scenes to be bloody.

oh I see. I mean it's Marvel vampires. Writers just do what they want and editors let them have full reign.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

new cover with Defiled Blade

Curious where he'll rank in the most powerful Blade iterations.

Switch-Blade and Blade w/ Boy-thing are close...Switch-Blade had more powers but Blade in that boy-thing armor was trading blows with Silver Surfer and Gladiator

Astonishing Member

I like it when Blade guest stars but the only thing that bug me is that when he guest star with Spidey, Spidey would have trouble with a average run in the mill vamp. I honestly think Spider-man can handle a average vamp no problem with his powerset, now Dracula is another matter and I can understand if Dracula can block a fist from Colossus in his first encounter of the x-men in claremont written issue. basically the heros with a strong powerset are made to look like chumps to make Blade look good I guess. I know Blade is a badass and been around and knows all sorts of martial arts and is a powerhouse in his own right. but when he sometimes guest star, the hero with more powerful is made to look like a chump by whatever vampire they facing. unless there's a in story in explanation why this vamp can run circles against someone as strong fast and abilities that Spider-man has.

Switch-Blade and Blade w/ Boy-thing are close...Switch-Blade had more powers but Blade in that boy-thing armor was trading blows with Silver Surfer and Gladiator
    Blade vs. Silver Surfer and Gladiator?
    Wow.. I need to check that out. Which issues?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Avengers 29 and 30

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    my man did you not read Blade when he was on the Avengers?
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Blade has a cool mini appearance in Dark Ages #2 alongside Elsa Bloodstone and two Wolverines (Laura and Gabby Kinney). They have a little "nightstalkers" group. Also looks like Dracula could play a semi-big role in the series.