Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
    Mighty Member

I'm really wondering how vampires will be established in the MCU and their scale. Leading up, they've basically been established on the cosmic scale. They were referenced in Thor Ragnarok, alongside Titans and Demigods in Loki, and an Eternal was mistaken for a vampire.

In the comics they're just above/around peak human, I have a feeling they'll be depicted as significantly more powerful.

I'm also wondering what lore they'll tie the vampires too. The dark world/darkhold? Failed celestial products/infections?

Also wondering where they'll place Blade power wise in the MCU. I think it'd be fun to see them play with him having some real super strength, speed, and healing. So maybe a tier above an MCU super soldier.

Mighty Member

Mahershala talking about the role a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I'm really wondering how vampires will be established in the MCU and their scale. Leading up, they've basically been established on the cosmic scale. They were referenced in Thor Ragnarok, alongside Titans and Demigods in Loki, and an Eternal was mistaken for a vampire.

In the comics they're just above/around peak human, I have a feeling they'll be depicted as significantly more powerful.

I'm also wondering what lore they'll tie the vampires too. The dark world/darkhold? Failed celestial products/infections?

Also wondering where they'll place Blade power wise in the MCU. I think it'd be fun to see them play with him having some real super strength, speed, and healing. So maybe a tier above an MCU super soldier.
    I'm also intrigued on how you actually get rid of vampires in the PG-13 MCU.. do they go with "ashing"? or are things more complicated (as they generally are in the comics)? since the MPAA only allows for so much bloodletting on screen before they slap you with an R rating, it's going to be intriguing to see how it is approached. I hope for an unrated blu ray release, whatever comes out in theaters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm also intrigued on how you actually get rid of vampires in the PG-13 MCU.. do they go with "ashing"? or are things more complicated (as they generally are in the comics)? since the MPAA only allows for so much bloodletting on screen before they slap you with an R rating, it's going to be intriguing to see how it is approached. I hope for an unrated blu ray release, whatever comes out in theaters.
    I mean you could do it Buffy style.

Mighty Member

yea definitely ash/flames. and I think Ronin in the MCU shows about how bloody fights will get

Astonishing Member

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/12/03/ma...range-blade-1/

Preview, great nodd to Stern Doc Strange run with the Montesi Formula.

Mighty Member

the books is getting received really well on twitter

on a sidenote, I like how marvel has been using these events to maintain storyarcs across books. although Blade hasn't had his own solo book, you can track the growth of the vampire nation and him through Avengers, Damnation, Wolverine, and King in Black. I liked how they were also moving him in that Asgardian direction through War of the Realms and Strikeforce, but I think that's dead.

the books is getting received really well on twitter

on a sidenote, I like how marvel has been using these events to maintain storyarcs across books. although Blade hasn't had his own solo book, you can track the growth of the vampire nation and him through Avengers, Damnation, Wolverine, and King in Black. I liked how they were also moving him in that Asgardian direction through War of the Realms and Strikeforce, but I think that's dead.
    I would have liked him to have had an extended adventure in Asgard and Olympus.

Mighty Member

I would have liked him to have had an extended adventure in Asgard and Olympus.
    Same. I was curious if anyone would pick the thread up, but Angela appeared in Thor and there was no reference to the connection at all. Kinda annoying that no one is picking up the friendship Aaron has been trying to build with Blade and Thor.

Marvel Comics doesn't seem to portray Vampires much differently from zombies, unless it's Count Dracula. No ability to compel. No mist form. No shape changing. No superhuman senses. No psychic abilities. Can't walk around in the daylight, Bram Stoker (The guy who wrote Dracula) actually had Dracula waking around in the daylight. Just some basic strength and speed. Marvel Vampires suck.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Marvel Comics doesn't seem to portray Vampires much differently from zombies, unless it's Count Dracula. No ability to compel. No mist form. No shape changing. No superhuman senses. No psychic abilities. Can't walk around in the daylight, Bram Stoker (The guy who wrote Dracula) actually had Dracula waking around in the daylight. Just some basic strength and speed. Marvel Vampires suck.
    Marvel vampires are just really inconsistent, because in some stories they do all of that, and others they're exactly like you said. Since they're likely going to push Morbius into the MCU he might be our first example of what a vampire looks like.

Same. I was curious if anyone would pick the thread up, but Angela appeared in Thor and there was no reference to the connection at all. Kinda annoying that no one is picking up the friendship Aaron has been trying to build with Blade and Thor.
    Marvel has so many writers that lack any real creative flare, along with being so insular at times that they lose out on lots of narrative synergy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Marvel has so many writers that lack any real creative flare, along with being so insular at times that they lose out on lots of narrative synergy.
    and it seems certain writers aren't allowed to be creative with certain characters. i remember there was a twitter thread one time with a bunch of comic writers sharing their pitches for Blade that either got greenlit then cancelled before they came out, or never responded to.

Marvel vampires are just really inconsistent, because in some stories they do all of that, and others they're exactly like you said. Since they're likely going to push Morbius into the MCU he might be our first example of what a vampire looks like.

Sigh. I'm amped because this looks awesome. I will go see this when it hits theatres. I'm nervous because if this is a hit It might negatively affect Blade's abilities. Morbius is a Sony property. I know that Morbius is "The Living Vampire" and not really a vampire but Marvel may not and may try to avoid being seen as aping Sony.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 12-07-2021 at 08:58 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Sigh. I'm amped because this looks awesome. I will go see this when it hits theatres. I'm nervous because if this is a hit It might negatively affect Blade's abilities. Morbius is a Sony property. I know that Morbius is "The Living Vampire" and not really a vampire but Marvel may not and may try to avoid being seen as aping Sony.
    I think they've been moving together more recently. Venom is in the MCU you now and MCU vulture is in venom.

Also the Death of Dr. Strange story was a really good Blade story. Saw Blade and Dracula's relationship like never before.