Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

for anyone that didn't check it out yet:

It's actually kinda wild that he moved faster than Hyperion could track, but Hyperion also looked messed up from Steve's presence.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post

Also how'd you feel about Blade showing off another more vampiric power?
    What power is that?

Mighty Member

Just posted above, but I think this is the second time he's turned into a bat and his first time without being mind-controlled

wow that's trippy. Well, for as long as it lasts, nice to see Blade have some new power stunts, even the one-shot ones..

We don't even know if that Uncanny Avengers issue was the real Blade
    The J-man

It occurs to me that Blade is basically playing the "Morpheus" role in this "Heroes Reborn Matrix" reality. lol.

I find it alarming how everyone is just overlooking Blade casually turning into a Bat. Not to mention the lifts Cap and moves him at super-speed while in Bat Form.

There was no power up or augmentation, he didn't go train and unlock some new abilities. Aaron just has him being a vampire. Go back and reread Blade's adventures for the last 30 years.

It's one thing making him a little faster or stronger. But if you start giving him all these other supernatural vampire powers I've got to wonder how he ever gets into trouble.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I find it alarming how everyone is just overlooking Blade casually turning into a Bat. Not to mention the lifts Cap and moves him at super-speed while in Bat Form.

There was no power up or augmentation, he didn't go train and unlock some new abilities. Aaron just has him being a vampire. Go back and reread Blade's adventures for the last 30 years.

It's one thing making him a little faster or stronger. But if you start giving him all these other supernatural vampire powers I've got to wonder how he ever gets into trouble.
    A writer should address that because he's undeniably become a stronger "vampire". Back in 2004 he almost died falling out of an airplane, but turns out he's been able to fly this whole time?

And word, he really picked up and moved Cap faster than Hyperion could process. That's serious speed.

I'm with it just because I've always wanted Blade's powers to make logical sense. If he's a Marvel Dhampir, he should logically have all the abilities other marvel vampires have.

Mighty Member

Maybe Blade isn't leaving the avengers. He's on the cover for the new Black Panther series

oh wow, that cover looks sick.

time to investigate
    The J-man

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

I’m hoping these gifts are only here because of this being an alternate universe, or magic induced.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m hoping these gifts are only here because of this being an alternate universe, or magic induced.
    I think the bat thing is close to consensus at this point. Uncanny avengers annual (I hear jabare saying maybe it was a different Blade, but im not sure they ever say that), Blade says he can do it in Deadpool the gauntlet, al ewing said he tried to work it in to Mighty Avengers, and now this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I think the bat thing is close to consensus at this point. Uncanny avengers annual (I hear jabare saying maybe it was a different Blade, but im not sure they ever say that), Blade says he can do it in Deadpool the gauntlet, al ewing said he tried to work it in to Mighty Avengers, and now this.
    Seeing that the villain of that story was extradimensional T.V. executive, and sorcerer, Mojo. Blade's turning into a bat in that Annual tale was thanks to Mojo's magical manipulations to push the storyline for his show.
    Anywho, on the subject other abilities Blade may possess. Other than enhanced strength, speed and agility. Faster healing. One ability that was prevalent during his time in the Nightstalkers' run was Blade's ability to sniff out the occult. He always mentioned being the presence of people, beings, and objects mystical nature would tickle his nose, or give off a scent tipping off Brooks something occult related.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Seeing that the villain of that story was extradimensional T.V. executive, and sorcerer, Mojo. Blade's turning into a bat in that Annual tale was thanks to Mojo's magical manipulations to push the storyline for his show.
    Anywho, on the subject other abilities Blade may possess. Other than enhanced strength, speed and agility. Faster healing. One ability that was prevalent during his time in the Nightstalkers' run was Blade's ability to sniff out the occult. He always mentioned being the presence of people, beings, and objects mystical nature would tickle his nose, or give off a scent tipping off Brooks something occult related.
    I'm down with this. this fits Blade very well and ties into his character.

another subtle power I don't mind (as long as a writer doesn't go crazy with it) is hypnosis

The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Only reason I'm a bit stubborn with the annual is Blade is the only person that would be warped in some way, and given what Ewing said after, I was leaning towards it being real.

Also the sensing of magic is one of his underrated powers. In Avengers he was able to track Dr. Strange and Ironfist off scent through the city, and in that Man-Thing miniseries, he was immediately able to sense the type of magic that was responsible